Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Head set connection

I have ridden Goldwings for 30+ years. I have just purchased my first 2014 RT Limited, so I am new to the Can Am community and have a lot to learn about this machine. My question is in regard to the audio system. The blue tooth dongle has been installed, but nothing else that I can find. I have purchased the entertainment harness and will be purchasing the CB which I will install at the same time. I also want to install my XM radio. The entertainment harness has the helmet plug for the passenger only and the CB info does not indicate that there is a driver helmet plug. Does anyone know what I need in order to get the driver helmet plug? Thanks for your comments.

Ken
    Last edited by kenr57; 09-07-2016 at 06:52 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default CB

When we bought our 2015 RTL I requested for a CB to be installed, it came with front and rear plugs, the following parts were used. CB & Communication System #29400611, Entertainment Harness #219400610, this last part was optional Push to Talk remote for Passenger to use CB #4474760090, it just attaches to the rear plug. I bought the Headsets separate.
    2015 RT Limited
    Show Chrome Drivers Backrest
    Show Chrome Passenger Armrest
    Show Chrome trunk Rack
    Ron's Shock Adjusters
    Ron's Sway Bar
    BRP Trailer Hitch
    CB Communications System
    Spyderpop's Bump-Skid
    Spyderpop's Belt Guard
    JT's Rear Fender

Spyder Garage

Note: If you get the ENT harness and CB you cannot have the Bluetooth dongle!
    With that CB setup you use wired headsets.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Live, Love, and Ride! God Bless!

Spyder Garage

The CB radio comes with the front DIN connecter harness. But as Bob stated earlier, the BRP CB Comm System is not Bluetooth capable.
    Last edited by stevedfive; 09-07-2016 at 07:16 PM.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Thanks

Thanks everyone for the information. If the CD has the front DIN, then my problem will be solved. I do not intend to use the bluetooth for communications so I will probably just disconnect the wiring.

Spyder Garage

Here's where to find the CB radio installation instructions with a parts list.

http://instructions.brp.com/content/...mber=219400611
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.