Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    How does it mount? The boot?

I am wondering this also. Do you have to remove the tuperware, get to the backside of the tuperware to remove nut and rewire/re-plug. Or can it all be done from the outside as with some of the other antenna replacements ?

Will this work to replace the long whip antennas like on my stock 2014 ST-L ?

Thanks !
    Craig From Albany Oregon

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WEB-WVR View Post
    I am wondering this also. Do you have to remove the tuperware, get to the backside of the tuperware to remove nut and rewire/re-plug. Or can it all be done from the outside as with some of the other antenna replacements ?

Will this work to replace the long whip antennas like on my stock 2014 ST-L ?

Thanks !

This is what I got from Harvey

The antenna is a quick change out, using a 7mm open end wrench to get the old one out and then use blue/medium Locktite when you put the new one in. The grommet will slide over the antenna after you get it installed and I installed the adapter in the antenna first using the 3mm socket to tighten it all the way then screwed the assembly into the hole on the Spyder.

The grommet seems to be a little hard to get it snapped into place but if you push in the bottom first then you can use more force to push in the top. It really fits tight and flush. I installed 4 yesterday and everyone was very happy with it.,

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    This is what I got from Harvey

The antenna is a quick change out, using a 7mm open end wrench to get the old one out and then use blue/medium Locktite when you put the new one in. The grommet will slide over the antenna after you get it installed and I installed the adapter in the antenna first using the 3mm socket to tighten it all the way then screwed the assembly into the hole on the Spyder.

The grommet seems to be a little hard to get it snapped into place but if you push in the bottom first then you can use more force to push in the top. It really fits tight and flush. I installed 4 yesterday and everyone was very happy with it.,
    So...you did not need to get to the underside of the tupperware ? Thanks !
    Craig From Albany Oregon

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WEB-WVR View Post
    So...you did not need to get to the underside of the tupperware ? Thanks !
    More instructions I got off another site..Pretty Simple

SPYDER RT:
    1. REMOVE THE OEM ANTENNA BY FIRST PULLING UP ON THE RUBBER BOOT AT THE BASE OF THE ANTENNA.
    2. USING A SMALL LOCKING PLIERS GRIP THE BOTTOM BRASS PIECE ON THE ANTENNA AND TURN LEFT TO REMOVE.
    3. CLEAN THE FLAT SURFACE AROUND THE THREADED HOLE WITH A CLEAN RAG AND RUBBING ALCOHOL AND LET DRY. SEE FIG. 1.
    4. TAKE THE NEW RUBBER GROMMET FROM THE PACKAGE AND PUSH IT INTO THE HOLE ON THE BODY PANEL AS SHOWN IN FIG. 2.
    5. REMOVE THE SET SCREW FROM THE PACKAGE AND CLEAN THE THREADS WITH RUBBING ALCOHOL. LET DRY.
    6. PUT A SMALL DROP OF REMOVABLE THREAD LOCK ON THE THREAD NEAR THE END OPPOSITE OF THE HEX SOCKET.
    7. INSTALL THE SET SCREW INTO THE ANTENNA MAST AND TIGHTEN WITH A 3MM ALLEN WRENCH. SEE FIG. 3.
    8. PUT A SMALL DROP OF REMOVABLE THREAD LOCK ON THE EXPOSED THREADS OF THE SET SCREW.
    9. CAREFULLY INSERT THE MAST THROUGH THE HOLE IN THE GROMMET AND THREAD IT INTO THE THREADS IN THE SPYDER. SEE FIG. 4. HAND TIGHTEN.
    10. YOU MAY NEED TO SLIGHTLY ROTATE THE GROMMET AS YOU ALIGN THE SET SCREW WITH THE THREADS IN THE SPYDER.

Spyder Garage

Ordered an antenna yesterday along with an air horn. Order status is Awaiting fulfillment. Guess he ran out?
    2018 White F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TheCajun1957 View Post
    Ordered an antenna yesterday along with an air horn. Order status is Awaiting fulfillment. Guess he ran out?

He will ship them out Tuesday he said. new shipment will be in Tuesday Morning

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Looks like I will have Mine Friday