Thread: BRP Urban Rack

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default BRP Urban Rack

Question, anyone owns a BRP Urban Rack, and how big is the storage? What do you store on it? I am thinking in buying one. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2016 Spyder F3 Limited, black, Special Edition, SE6, belt tensioner, Bajaron swaybar, AKARAPOVIC, F4 windshield with vent. Previous 2015 RTS in black and 2011 RT Limited, SE5 with Bajaron Swaybar and Bumpskid

Spyder Garage

I bought one for my wife. It is not a large amount of storage. She puts her glasses, ear plugs and a few other things in there as well.

Spyder Garage

Default Got one too

I have one also on my F3 Limited. It doesn't have a lot of storage but is nice for a wallet, gum, sunglasses, insurance card, etc. I really like the ability to strap some gear to it and have used the cargo net feature to hold down some bags from the store. I don't ride two up so the rear seat is not a feature I need.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thank you for your responses, is the rack very easy to remove? Maybe once a month my daughter rides with me. Thanks
    Last edited by wengerda; 08-30-2016 at 09:46 AM.
    2016 Spyder F3 Limited, black, Special Edition, SE6, belt tensioner, Bajaron swaybar, AKARAPOVIC, F4 windshield with vent. Previous 2015 RTS in black and 2011 RT Limited, SE5 with Bajaron Swaybar and Bumpskid

Spyder Garage

Default I have one....

Quote Originally Posted by wengerda View Post
    Question, anyone owns a BRP Urban Rack, and how big is the storage? What do you store on it? I am thinking in buying one. Thanks.
    I have one that I'll sell for $195 + shipping. Bought a tailbag to go there instead. Needed more storage for longer trips.
    JB
    John B.
    Current ride: 2020 Spyder RT-s Petrol Metallic Blue dark with OEM top case

Spyder Garage

Default Removal

Yes...it is very easy to remove...maybe a few seconds and put the other seat within a few seconds and than transition to easy riding in less than a minute total.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I thought the urban rack goes in top of the seat, no removal of seat is required?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by xwingnut View Post
    I have one that I'll sell for $195 + shipping. Bought a tailbag to go there instead. Needed more storage for longer trips.
    JB

I'm interested in purchasing this.

I Sent you a PM

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DunaJ View Post
    I'm interested in purchasing this.

I Sent you a PM
    The PM was sent to me, please send your text to wingnut. lol

Spyder Garage

The PM was sent to me, please send your text to wingnut. lol
    Sorry about that. Lol!!!!! Thanks for letting me know. I think I have sent the PM to the correct person now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

I thought the urban rack goes in top of the seat, no removal of seat is required?
    Nope, the Urban Rack takes the place of the seat. The seat has to come off. Like shoes8 said, it only takes a minute to remove and replace with the seat. You just have to push the ignition key and turn it to the 'wrench' icon. This will release the seat. Pull the seat off and put the Urban Rack in it's place. You do the same procedure to put the seat back on. My wife loves her Urban Rack.