Spyder Garage

Default Swivel Wheel Spyder Hauler.

So the past few months have been creating my 6 year plan for early retirement.
    Creating my must purchase wishlist and one of the hardest parts of my research has been a trailer for behind the Diesel RV for the Spyder. I want the flexibility to tow both a compact car and Spyder at the same time.
    Then I found the swivel wheel trailers and it was a game changer. Anyway after several hours of research I have proof.
    First the SwivelWheel 58DW
    Then there are the Smart Trailers

Have you seen any others like this?
    Our Scenic Life - Spyder Videos
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/OurScenicLife

Ask me about my Spyder.
    2014 Black Can-Am Spyder RT

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Ever seen a swivel caster on a shopping cart when it goes bad?

Interesting concept on both but I would want to see and talk to them in person. Also, what kind of testing has gone into them and what kind of guarantee is offered by the companies? What would your insurance company say about them? What welding process is used and what kind of weld inspection is done? Just because a weld looks pretty DOES NOT mean that the weld is any good, especially if they are using hard wire MIG. With the proper parameters and a skilled welder it is good, just one of the easiest processes to make a bad weld with that looks fine.
    On the road again...........and forever young!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Yesterday is a cancelled check.
    Tomorrow is a promissory note.
    Today is cash.......spend it wisely.

Spyder Garage

On the first one the SwivelWheel; I have wheels just like that on some farm equipment. The problem with that design is that lets say you were driving forward and then go in reverse...there can be some fairly violent shaking due to how that wheel assembly switches direction. They can also wobble.

I like the looks of the second one but both set ups have small wheels and small tires. If you have a diesel motorhome I assume you like to drive at speed....these smaller wheels and tires on these trailer setups may limit you to 50-55mph and could overheat on 300+ mile days.

Your Spyder could be worth $15-20K.....I would suggest you invest in a good sturdy flatbed rear ramp trailer. For a little more money you could get a small enclosed trailer and keep it clean and dry. Those smaller cheaper trailers...I would be worried about a failure and see the SPyder tumbling in your rearview mirror.
    Craig From Albany Oregon

Spyder Garage

I would not feel comfortable with those swiveling wheels. Lots of weight from the , and in the event of an incident, bad things could happen.

Feeling safer with bigger wheels and the sturdiness they bring.

Your plans are great, but I recommend different equipment to haul.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red