Spyder Garage

Default Purchased One ... !!

Well, drove down to the local dealer and rode the F3-ST again. Did a couple 5 mile laps this time. The bike felt less twitchy, but still not all that comfy to me.

Spoke with the sales manager a bit, and he could not meet my price window. Soooo .... went Online and found iMotorsports in Illinois. Prices were considerably less than local ... no set up fee, no uncrating fee, no BS fee. Shipping is FREE to my door. I just have to pay $165 doc fee. I can live with that.

Spoke with Jason B at iMotorsports. No pressure, no BS, no add ons. Just said what it is. Gave them a CC for a down stoke. They had one on the floor with some stuff I didn't want. So, they'll build me one from a crate. Good.

Saved over $3000 from the local dealer's price. Of course, I have reg and CT taxes. But, the bike comes with a 30 day temp plate. Kewl.

I decided not to get the local F3-T ... bags are so small that they won't even hold my lunch bag. And, it came with a radio. I don't listen to radio when I ride.

Opted instead for a F3-S Special Edition satin black. Looks grand to me. Excited to see it in my driveway.

Thanx to Jim Evan, and all the folks here for their advice, experience and help. Really appreciate all of it.

I'll give updates on my farkles, and riding the F3-S beast.

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Congratulations!!!! The handling will become natural very quickly and it will steer like it was an extension of your body! Have fun!!!
    On the road again...........and forever young!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Yesterday is a cancelled check.
    Tomorrow is a promissory note.
    Today is cash.......spend it wisely.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Gald to hear you found a deal at least the tax and reg will be covered and a couple bucks left over for gas, hope to see a dark spot in my driveway sometime in the future and I'll show ya what we have for twisties, hope it's quick delivery.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bagger View Post
    Opted instead for a F3-S Special Edition satin black.
    Sweet
    Trb-- (Roger)

2014 Cognac STL:Ultimate Seat, Nelson Rigg Tail Pack, Nelson Rigg RS/ST Half Cover, TL fender lights, Squared Away Laser Alignment, BajaRon sway bar and links, Akropovic Sport Silencer
    2022 White Pearl F3T
    Gone but not forgotten: 2019 F3S Special Series Liquid Titanium

Spyder States Visited

Spyder Garage

Congrats on your F3S, I'm loving mine!
    To God Be The Glory!

Spyder Garage

Congrats on your purchase. Hope you get plenty of ride time in before winter settles in.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Well, drove down to the local dealer and rode the F3-ST again. Did a couple 5 mile laps this time. The bike felt less twitchy, but still not all that comfy to me.

Spoke with the sales manager a bit, and he could not meet my price window. Soooo .... went Online and found iMotorsports in Illinois. Prices were considerably less than local ... no set up fee, no uncrating fee, no BS fee. Shipping is FREE to my door. I just have to pay $165 doc fee. I can live with that.

Spoke with Jason B at iMotorsports. No pressure, no BS, no add ons. Just said what it is. Gave them a CC for a down stoke. They had one on the floor with some stuff I didn't want. So, they'll build me one from a crate. Good.

Saved over $3000 from the local dealer's price. Of course, I have reg and CT taxes. But, the bike comes with a 30 day temp plate. Kewl.

I decided not to get the local F3-T ... bags are so small that they won't even hold my lunch bag. And, it came with a radio. I don't listen to radio when I ride.

Opted instead for a F3-S Special Edition satin black. Looks grand to me. Excited to see it in my driveway.

Thanx to Jim Evan, and all the folks here for their advice, experience and help. Really appreciate all of it.

Congrats on the new bike! I'm in CT also. Recently sold my RSS and have my eye on a new 2017 Daytona model, maybe I should check with imotorsports since it looks like they have one in stock.

Spyder Garage

I also just purchased a 2015 leftover F3s se6 from Jason at lmotorsports , stand up guy did absolutely what he said and saved lots of cash and free delivery to my door in CT.
    Good luck with the new ride .
    2015 F3S , silver

Spyder Garage

Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome welcome....

It is so much fun to go shopping and find the deal for you...congrats great choice... don't worry you will master the handling in no time and it will be like new all over again....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

on your new purchase. iMotorsports is doing a very good job of beating prices. Glad you found a deal that you are happy with.

Remember, it did not happen until we see the evidence. Pictures please when it arrives.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Remember to post a pic!
    Live, Love, and Ride! God Bless!

Spyder Garage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

When will you receive it?
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Default Thanx, guys ....

Not sure when it will arrive. I have to wire the $$ this week. I guess a truck just left with deliveries to ME, MA, NY. So, missed that. Maybe in a couple weeks.

Planning on some farkles. Think I'll get a tinted F4 windscreen in 21". And, maybe some Lamonster boards, LEDs and bubs. Of course, I'm about as mechanical as a bowling ball, so don't know how all this stuff will get installed ... correctly.

Have to call F4 .... not sure if they include the mounting hardware for the Special Series since it doesn't have a shield to start with. ??

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I would have loved to support my local dealer as well but I found a better deal 2 hours away. Saved almost 4k with trade and new purchase. Local dealer just would not match the price or trade allowance. Some dealers still think they are the only game in town and refuse to come down on their profit margins.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    When will you receive it?

Wired the funds today to iMotorsports. Jason emailed back saying that his logistics department figures the bike will be shipped not this coming week ... but, the week after.

So ... looks like about 2 weeks before it's here. Maybe longer if shipped late in that week.

I'll have to get more info on delivery. I have a 1/4 mile driveway up hill (12' wide & paved) with a large area to turn 'round, but don't think a tractor trailer can come up ... unless he backs down. Of course, if it's a smaller truck, like a box truck, that'd be no problemo. Have deliveries of oil, UPS and landscapers with 20' trailers and F250s come up and down without issue.

Anybody know what kind of enclosed carrier iMotorsports uses?

Spyder Garage

Default Congratulations

Congratulations on your new Spyder from the UK.
    2015 F3-S in Magnesium with Can Am red frame
    Blue Ridge Windscreen
    Heated Grips
    Name of my F3-S - Sandra
    Xmas present to me and from myself on 6/11/2015 - 02/09/2018

2019 F3-S Special Series in Liquid Titanium with Orange frame
    Blue Ridge Windscreen
    Heated Grips
    Signature Light with switch to turn it off and on.
    Name of my F3-S - Pamela
    2019 F3-S Special Series , Liquid Titanium with orange frame

Spyder Garage

Wired the funds today to iMotorsports. Jason emailed back saying that his logistics department figures the bike will be shipped not this coming week ... but, the week after.

So ... looks like about 2 weeks before it's here. Maybe longer if shipped late in that week.

I'll have to get more info on delivery. I have a 1/4 mile driveway up hill (12' wide & paved) with a large area to turn 'round, but don't think a tractor trailer can come up ... unless he backs down. Of course, if it's a smaller truck, like a box truck, that'd be no problemo. Have deliveries of oil, UPS and landscapers with 20' trailers and F250s come up and down without issue.

Anybody know what kind of enclosed carrier iMotorsports uses?
    Hi they delivered my F3s in a enclosed trailer hauled by a dual wheeled pick up . I also have a long driveway they parked at the end and drove the bike up to me nice and clean no problems.they were right on time , called me ahead when they were close .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2015 F3S , silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dave7691 View Post
    Hi they delivered my F3s in a enclosed trailer hauled by a dual wheeled pick up . I also have a long driveway they parked at the end and drove the bike up to me nice and clean no problems.they were right on time , called me ahead when they were close .

By the way congrats on your new ride .

2015 F3S , silver

Spyder Garage

Default Thanx, Dave ...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave7691 View Post

That's nice to know, Dave.

I've had "other things" delivered and had to roll them off the back of a truck into my pickup's bed, then drive it back up the driveway. Use an engine hoist to get the item off the pickup. Pretty annoying.

I hope my delivery goes as well.

BTW, Dave ... was the delivery truck / trailer "local"? Or did it originate in Illinois?