Spyder Garage

Default Question on what is going to be my winter project

I am going to modify my 2009 RS this winter, and saw this ad on Ebay for a bomber wrap that I like. http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMR-Racing-C...tV54q8&vxp=mtr
    It says it fits the 2010 and 2011 RS models. Can anyone tell me if there is a reason it would not fit my 2009 model? Thanks.
    Steve
    2009 Red RS SE, red LED custom night lighting, red LED brake strips in back, unusual stereo fairing with 2/4" speakers,2/5" speakers and subwoofer in frunk, radio that has power outputs for cell phone and GPS, with GPS installed,4 inch risers, ultimate midrider seat with ostrich inlays, and spyder logo, heated hand grips, up and out mirror extensions, smoothspyder backrest, Seal floorboards, and maybe some stuff that I have not discovered yet.

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have seen and REALLY like that wrap. I cannot help you with your question, but that wrap and a Tailgunner pipe would be incredible.

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Spyder Garage

Default Interesting. ...

I don't see why but their selection chart says it is not compatible. I would check with wrap my spyder (vendor sponsor on the home page) they may have what your looking for and would be able to tell you more....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

you should get in touch with pete from WRAP MY SPYDER, show him the link, and see what he has that will fit your bike
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Pete at Wrap my Spyder was excellent. worked with me get what I wanted, and even e-mailed me after to follow up.

First class customer service.......

2017 RT-S

Bump Skid - Spyderpops
    Wrap - Wrapmyspyder
    swaybar - Bajaron
    Sena 20D & SM10
    3 PC Mesh Zippered Lid Net Set - TricLED
    A arm LED's - Safety LED's - TricLED
    Mirror Sequential turn signals
    Glo-riders
    LED rear turn signals and reverse lights
    Front Grills
    Third Brake light
    Larson Scanner
    Light Up - Sue Hopper

Spyder Garage

Thanks for all of the response so far. Will check with Pete to see what he has to say about it.
    2009 Red RS SE, red LED custom night lighting, red LED brake strips in back, unusual stereo fairing with 2/4" speakers,2/5" speakers and subwoofer in frunk, radio that has power outputs for cell phone and GPS, with GPS installed,4 inch risers, ultimate midrider seat with ostrich inlays, and spyder logo, heated hand grips, up and out mirror extensions, smoothspyder backrest, Seal floorboards, and maybe some stuff that I have not discovered yet.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hager-spider View Post
    I am going to modify my 2009 RS this winter, and saw this ad on Ebay for a bomber wrap that I like. http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMR-Racing-C...tV54q8&vxp=mtr
    It says it fits the 2010 and 2011 RS models. Can anyone tell me if there is a reason it would not fit my 2009 model? Thanks.
    Steve
    This is a funny topic. Every project I plan for winter turns into a" DO IT NOW" project.

Spyder Garage

Actually, this will be a winter project, as I don't have the money to do it now. I checked with Pete, and he said he couldn't say whether or not it would fit, as it wasn't his product. I am pretty sure the body panels had not changed from 2008 through 2011, or maybe 2012. Probably order it later this year. Still willing to listen to more information from the peanut gallery.

Spyder Garage

I forgot to put pictures on here of my update on the Ultimate seat I bought a couple of months ago. Since I already had the smoothspyder backrest, and the Ultimate seat had no spot for the rear backrest, I ordered the pad only from the Ultimate company for $110 shipped. When it came, it had the spyder logo on it. I made my own mounting bracket for it, and everything came out pretty well.
    0701161520_HDR.jpg0627162048_HDR (1753 x 986).jpg

Spyder Garage

Default Body panels for 2008 through 2012

I just called the Can Am Dealer in Franklin, Ohio and they informed me that the body panels are all the same from 2008 through 2012. So, anyone who wants to know, there is the answer!!

Spyder Garage

In the event the wrap does not fit perfect, can the parts be trimmed to fit? Adds a bit more work, but it is a winter project.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I purchased my wrap from this company http://www.spiralusspyder.com/Graphickits.html and all of their wraps for the GS/RS fit all years. I think that they are all based on the same digital template. The Spiralus wraps are considerably less expensive than the AMR Racing. Mine only cost $285 USD but they don't have the particular graphic that you are considering.

2015 RS SM5, Navy F4 Fighter wrap
    Passenger Backrest, RT Handlebars,
    BRP Comfort Seat, Airhawk R cushion,
    Garmin 660LM GPS, LidLox, Can-AM Top case

Spyder Garage

GK72Cane, I checked that site, and the same one that you have is listed at $369, which is only $30 less than the one that I am looking at. That being said, I do like the one that you have on your bike. Not going to purchase anything too soon, so I will be looking for other wraps that I might consider. If anyone has done a wrap, I would like to know how hard it is to get applied to the body panels, and if there is any "tricks" that a person should know about.

Spyder Garage

The $369 price is in Canadian dollars. At the current exchange rate the price would be $281. With regard to doing your own wrap, it's not easy but it is doable if you take your time. You can remove and reposition sections if at first you don't succeed. The rear side panels were the most difficult because of compound curves in that area. I couldn't get one side right at multiple attempts and gave up and left a small wrinkle. Turns out that I am the only one who notices it.

I was originally going to pay a professional and contacted a friend of a friend who was going to give me a break and "only" charge me $500. I decided to try it myself and I have been very pleased with the result. The hardest part of the job was working in my garage with the temperature in the exposed area about 110 degrees (Miami in July).

2015 RS SM5, Navy F4 Fighter wrap
    Passenger Backrest, RT Handlebars,
    BRP Comfort Seat, Airhawk R cushion,
    Garmin 660LM GPS, LidLox, Can-AM Top case

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the information, I didn't notice that is was canadian dollars. That would make a difference. From what you have told me, I think I will give it a try doing the job myself. I will probably have the whole bike apart this winter anyway, as I have some other additions planned for it.