Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PistonBlown View Post
    As I've mentioned before my most unreliable bike was Honda:-) Despite that I do have a soft spot for Honda's and some of the others, particularly the VFR, were very reliable.

The idea of one of these with an ST1300 motor would be very attractive. Doing an 'iron butt' rally in Oct and one of the ST riders mentioned he'd only have to fill up 3 times on the whole ride, on my RS it will be 9 or 10.

Can only hope BRP get their act together and bring out an RS II to compete.
    I put 100,000 on a ST1300. Rode an Iron Butt Qualifier on it also. There were a number of times I got 350+ miles on a tank of gas. Of course, it weighs about half of what my RT-S does.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Bleau View Post
    Wow, it never stops to amaze me when someone, who supposedly owns a product hopes and encourages the demise of the company that produces it. Maybe I have it all wrong and the posting person is actually from a competing company floating a market survey on public forums to evaluate the possible reception of the product to a particular market segment, I have done that in my past life as well.
    So if that is the case allow me to vote. First off the bike looks great considering the paint, tires and engine, other than that it is honking ugly. Regarding allowing the old style leaning, shoot that is what is amazing about the Spyder, just relax and enjoy the Ryde, why do I want to have to move all around to turn the bike anymore? Maybe I am just getting older and want to relax but that is where I am at.
    I am sure that they will offer models with storage but how would they hang stuff on this beast to compete 1 with my RTL or 2 even the critisized reduced but adequate frunk on the F3?

Joe
    Just like my Dad always said; "Nothing Is Forever" The Spyder is not Immortal!

No one is making funeral arrangements for the Spyder just yet - we're just acknowledging the fact that the "Leader in Motorcycles" will soon release their version of a bike with the distinct advantage of a machine that leans in the turns like a two-wheeler.

As most of us already know, Honda is known for their motorcycle engine / transmission dependability. I'm sure a fair amount of users on this forum (myself included) cut their touring teeth on 2 and 3 wheel Goldwing's and Valkyrie's.

Testimonial of Honda's technology was the secret release that no one seen coming - of the Honda Rune in 2003 for a limited production then in 2013 re-introduced the Rune for one year. The Rune with its 1832 cc 6 cyl. engine was a motorcycle master-piece. This machine was so ahead of its time in steering and riding technology, just one look at the front forks makes a statement. If all that's not enough, her "Look" has yet to be matched. If Honda could build this bike back then, they can build anything today.

Here's a few images of my Rune which even today I still regret selling her.

Enjoy - Mike

Military Drone Designer & Pilot
    www.rotory.com

Spyder Garage

A sportier trike for sure. I am not going to take the time to do extra for research--but isn't this one powered by 700cc or so? The version I would like to see is a big GW equipped for touring with all the amenities we are accustomed to, plus. Give me 1800cc of quiet, purring effortlessly down the road. I think I would be in heaven.

Cue Music: Beautiful Dreamer.

Mr. Cognac is envied at the moment. The best of both worlds.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm sure BRP are taking notes but I'm not sure if they will produce the leaning reverse spyder. I will be a good business move if they do.
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by otter28169 View Post
    Looks cool, but I would rather it didn't lean. I am weird like that. Competition will improve the quality of these machines in general. And if the RS has been removed from the line-up (which according to the rumors is already happening), I will need something to ride.

Just sayin'...........
    This is a bike Honda will probably never build. If you study the physics there is no advantage to a trike that leans. It's a neat novelty item that will draw attention but holds no advantage over a standard 2 wheel motorcycle. Cornering is not improved nor is braking or ground clearance.
    BRP and HD both have patents on leaning trikes that they will never build except for show. It is however good for the companies that sell expensive MC tires as now you get to replace 3 instead of 2. TMW is the only company that is doing leaning trikes right now and mostly just Harleys. The claim is rides and handles exactly like a standard motorcycle - in other words you have a standard motorcycle that you add a $10,000 wheel to. No advantages but a real 10k attention getter.
    Last edited by Lurker; 08-29-2016 at 02:38 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by asp125 View Post
    Love that V4 motor. Had a VFR - power and torque for days. Too bad the RS never came with a V4. OTOH, the Neowing's looks are more polarizing than the F3's.
    Sure looks like a flat four to me.
    ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

BRP already has the technology for a "leaner" figured out. As UI recall; they were using the computers to control the lean of the bike via hydraulics...
    (This is going back probably three years or so, and it was the last that we heard about it.)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Hi Bob Denman,

Re: BRP already has the technology for a "leaner" figured out.

If that technology is like their design of:

- Air in rear tire
    - Clock that cannot stay in the same time zone
    - Coolant bottle that takes a 6-jointed ju-jitsu artist to fill
    - Etc, etc, etc

I'll take a pass, thank you.

Jerry Baumchen

PS) I like my Spyder, it just think that the BRP engineers are simply incompetent with some of their designs.
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JerryB View Post
    Hi Bob Denman,

Re: BRP already has the technology for a "leaner" figured out.

If that technology is like their design of:

- Air in rear tire
    - Clock that cannot stay in the same time zone
    - Coolant bottle that takes a 6-jointed ju-jitsu artist to fill
    - Etc, etc, etc

I'll take a pass, thank you.

Jerry Baumchen

PS) I like my Spyder, it just think that the BRP engineers are simply incompetent with some of their designs.

LOL yeah like once a belt measures over 65 feet you better put an idler somewhere!

Just joking - I'm loving my F3T now that I got ear plugs for the engine rattle!
    www.rotory.com

Spyder Garage

I hope it does well, but I think I will keep my

2015 RT Limited Black Matallic
    BAJARon Sway Bar w/Billet Aluminum Heim Joint Link Set
    SPYDERPOPS Bumperskid with LED's
    SPYDERPOPS RT BRT Rear Lighting Kit
    US LED Flag

Spyder Garage

Default Saw a Neo Wing The Other Day In Pasadena

Maybe they have released them. Or maybe it was a demo.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'd love to ride one. Now that that BRP has dropped the RS this might be just the thing to take its place.

Spyder Garage

Gee, how long will it be before someone claims it needs a new swaybar for increased performance on the "twisties." New shocks too? I just can't keep up.
    John F.
    Tallahassee, FL

2015 Spyder F3 SE6, black
    BRP Driver/passenger Footboards
    BRP Adjustable Passenger Backrest
    Blue Ridge Windshield
    MRA X-Creen Tour, clear, clamp-on
    H4 LED Headlights
    F3 LED Fog Light Kit, LED Amber Halo Ring Kit, LED Tail Lights, F3 Rear run/brake/turn LEDs
    Easy Brackets
    Leatherworks, Inc. 120 Special Slight Angle Saddlebags
    Custom Dynamics Front Mud Flap LED lights, Street Magic Front Fender Tips, Double Feature Lens
    2-up rear shock
    Idler pulley kit

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by deer30084 View Post
    Gee, how long will it be before someone claims it needs a new swaybar for increased performance on the "twisties." New shocks too? I just can't keep up.

Amen !

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Bring it on Honda

It's about time Honda gets on the band wagon. I've owned three Goldwings in the past, putting over 200,000 miles on between the three wings. One wing I had to replace the water pump, another wing the front fork springs. That's it other than the routine maintenance items. NOW, I have owned 2 spyders with about 24,000 miles between the two. The first, a 2013 RTS ,that was total junk, got rid of that with about 3030 miles on it. The second, a 2014 RTS with 21,000 miles and just this year it's been in the shop for about 3 months for:first for a head gasket, second for air pump and one way valve and lastly brake reservoir. If Honda comes out with a touring model, I'll be getting rid of the Spyder in a heart beat. GO HONDA!!!!!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They had this at the 2015 Tokyo motorcycle show beginning of April. If you could get on the "special person" list, you could even demo ride it before/after the event. It's the real deal, but who knows if it will ever see production.
    On another note, the Tokyo motorcycle show should definitely be on the "must see" list for any motorcycle enthusiast. They have a completely different concept of "custom build" over there. Cool stuff for sure that is unlike what we see on cable TV here.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I wonder if Honda will bring it to the Javit's Center in December?
    It's time for the International Motorcycle Shows again!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

It should star in the next Transformers movie!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

The problem is; most of us old goats don't have time to wait - come-on Honda! lol
    www.rotory.com

Spyder Garage
    Current:
    2016 Honda CTX700 DCT ABS (faring model)
    Kip Moto SherpaX Cargo Trailer

Wife Has:
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited
    2016 Lees-ure Lite Camping Trailer

Previous:
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RS SE5, zoom-zoom!
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE5, Foot Burner - Gasoline Boiling Stinker - Gas Tank Vacuum Puller

Spyder Garage

Default Tilting Front End!

The front end may have tilt steering but those front wheels seem pretty close together. Evidentally it leans while it's parked too! Loved my 03 VTX 1300R Bullet Proof!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just like the piaggio scooter you will have to put your feet down at full stop which is one of the perks of the Spyder, you don't have to. Also these images looks like this Honda is a manual and it may not have an Semi Automatic version. Both of these issues would keep me away from considering one of these. I am to spoiled now that I have been riding spyders for over 6 years.

Spyder Garage

"Honda is at the top of the food chain when it comes to innovation in motorcycles"

I had a Honda Interceptor and it left me stranded twice with alternator problems. The only vehicle I ever owned to do that.
    2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Default There was another thread on this

There was another thread on this "Honda Neowing vs Can-am Spyder" Here is the link: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ighlight=Honda

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Hawk View Post
    "Honda is at the top of the food chain when it comes to innovation in motorcycles"

I had a Honda Interceptor and it left me stranded twice with alternator problems. The only vehicle I ever owned to do that.
    The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, and the previously owned bikes are always better.
    Never mind that we were all younger, had less aches and pains, had more time to work on things, tend to forget the bad, and add a little embellishment to the good times over time. I am sorry but although Honda may be good, NO mechanical machine made by man has ever been 100 percent trouble free 100 percent of the time.
    Honda has been making motorcycles since 1946, that is 71 years of experiences. Can Am Spyder was first built in 2007, a mere 10 years ago.
    How many 10 year old kids have the experiences and know what a 71 year old man knows?
    I know that the Spyder has it's own share of problems and is not perfect, but man it sure is an engineering marvel for what it is and does, and especially with only being a 10 year old concept.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue