Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Privatized DMV in NC

Privatized DMV in NC

Better than any DMV I’ve ever been in.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/magical-dmv-serves-cupcakes-winning-customer-183344856--abc-news-travel.html

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

here in nyc, i go out to long island to get DMV stuff done. people are much faster and nicer they they are around here

Spyder Garage

They work mostly good when going there in person. I do not like the $20 extra fee they tack on.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This is one exception to the rule. Believe me when I say that this is the only one that I know of here in NC. All License Plate agencies here are run by contractors. The people who work there are not state employees. Our local office is in a strip mall. The building is an old, narrow, cramped shop. Most times the line is out the door. There is no seating. And one bathroom. There is a queue for Title business, all others have one queue for plate turn in/renewals, and transfers. You better have all of your paperwork right. There is one clerk for Spanish speaking individuals. There is no number system. It's come in and get in line. It's really fun when a dealer, usually one of the local used car dealers, comes in with a hand full of titles. Or someone comes in to renew their plate but hasn't paid the yearly tax. That's always a show. Because if you haven't paid the tax then you can't get a plate.

Then there are those people who have taken a bath in some cheap cologne. Or no bath at all. I was behind one of the latter one time. She could of gagged a maggot on a skunk wagon.

Now,anything to do with your drivers license, that's a different story. That's all done at the DMV office which is in the same building as the State Police Troop. The examiners are state employees. I've never had a problem there. Never waited more then maybe 15 minutes. And they have a number system and chairs. And a his and hers bathroom.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    That's all done at the DMV office which is in the same building as the State Police Troop. The examiners are . And a his and hers bathroom.
    And what about the undecided

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vided View Post
    And what about the undecided
    That would be a "theirs"...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I am in NC and typically go to the dmv in Cary. As someone else stated, things can get really interesting really quick. They have expanded and are a lot nicer, but you can still plan on the better part of an hour for service. And the drivers license placeis even worse.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

The one in Hendersonville is in an old building, but like many others if you go there at the right time (which is usually just before they open) the wait is not bad at all.