Spyder Garage

Default Avatar vs Picture vs Signature

I have been trying to update my Avatr/Signature etc. to include many of the items that I see with other users. I haven't had a lot of success and know that I am doing something incorrectly.

Is there a location on the Forum where I can preview what I would "look like" when posting without having to posting a new thread?

Any suggestions would assist. Thanks in advance!
    2014 ST Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MurrayBrown View Post
    I have been trying to update my Avatr/Signature etc. to include many of the items that I see with other users. I haven't had a lot of success and know that I am doing something incorrectly.

Is there a location on the Forum where I can preview what I would "look like" when posting without having to posting a new thread?

Any suggestions would assist. Thanks in advance!

Follow-up ... as shown, only a map of Canada is shown. I would like to replace the map with a photo of me, and have the Canada map also be accompanied by a map of the USA and a photo of my Spyder.
    2014 ST Limited

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Where you currently have a Canada map is your avatar. You can only have one picture there. Where you have "2014 xxx" is your signature. Edit your signature and put the Canada map there. Then change the avatar to your picture if you want.

Spyder Garage

Default What Mister P said...

... and yes, there is a special forum within Spyderlovers for testing. It's near the bottom of the forum list. Here's a link. (It is a public forum, but nobody cares.)

The signature section is very flexible with regard to editing tools. You can put multiple pictures, on the same line, and even have links in your signature. (Mine has both text and picture links.)

A trick for placing pictures on the same line is to separate them with "periods" and then make the periods white, so you can't see them. Like this...

Last edited by robmorg; 08-27-2016 at 08:51 PM.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You have asked some very good questions.
    The Avatar, Profile picture, and signature pictures are three separate and distinct things.
    If you go to the homepage (although you CAN access from within the forums also...), you'll see over on the LH side "User CP"
    click on it...
    That'll get you to where you can tinker around with all three.
    I haven't found a way to add more than one signature picture (The one displayed under each post). For that one: I took two pictures, and stuck them together... and then resized them to fit!
    Have fun!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I haven't found a way to add more than one signature picture (The one displayed under each post). For that one: I took two pictures, and stuck them together... and then resized them to fit!
    Have fun!
    Bob, I just saw your comment above and did some playing with it. See my post #4 above. The trick is to save the pictures to some other file space (like google pictures) and then upload them to your signature as URL's - the same way you would do it in any message body.

Of course it looks best if you resize the pictures to be the same height before you save them.

EDIT: I just discovered you can also use your album space here on Spyderlovers. That even gives you the URL to use for inserting any picture in your album to a message or into your signature. (I never used the Spyderlovers personal profile album feature before, but just tried it and it works very well, as long as you remember to "Save" all your changes as you go - like you always tell folks. ) This is also handy if you want embed pictures into messages without uploading them as attachments. (See my Post 4 above. That "wheelie" picture is now the only picture I have in my Spyderlovers Album.)
    Last edited by robmorg; 08-27-2016 at 08:56 PM.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MurrayBrown View Post
    And ... how can I preview what I have allegedly accomplpished without actually posting something?
    There are two ways. First the signature edit dialog under the "Settings menu" gives you a preview pane. All you have to do, to see your progress as you work, is hit the "Preview Signature" button.

The second way is to test your work using the public testing forum as described in post #4 above. You can delete those messages after you are done with them, if you like.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link