Spyder Garage

Default Lamonster performance pipe install tip

Just installed the pipe with the BCT baffle. I read a lot of posts on people having a really hard time removing and re-installing the springs. What I did was simply remove the whole exhaust pipe from the head to the stock muffler. Layed it on the ground, used string to pull the springs off, then repeat in reverse. Took me about 30 minutes. Two clamps and the hangers is all that needs to be removed.

Spyder Garage

So I started the pipe install and finally managed to get the catalytic converter off. the 3 springs were a bitch! So I test fit the bypass pipe and managed to connect two of the springs when I realized I forgot to insert the the Thunder Baffle!!!! Removed the 2 springs (again!) and went on the computer to check where Lamont drilled the hole. What a coincidence to see this thread. I finished the install following cajunshredder's advice. So much easier. I will say if you try this method be careful with the exhaust sensor wires there are some sharp edges in this area. I actually unthreaded the exhaust sensor from the pipe to prevent any damage.
    Last edited by stebrock; 08-29-2016 at 08:14 PM.

Spyder Garage

Yep. MUCH easier to say the least. That's the O2 sensor. Plenty of room to lay it on the ground without disconnecting if you don't want to. Either way is super easy glad it went well.