Spyder Garage

Default Catalytic Converter Delete

Hi Guess Lamont must be a mod on this forum as he posted the sticky with the rules...

But, I just installed one of his pipes after removing the catalytic converter.... Getting the springs back in place.....not the job for an old lady, however, after enough four letter words and the spring just couldn't stand it and let itself be returned to where it should be.....

The sound, well, louder, maybe a bit more of a drone, but pleasant when not on it all the way... only 200 miles on he new motor, have to let it break in a little.

Next, the LED fog lights....
    Msmoto
    2016 F3 Limited SS, Garmin 595LM, Sena 10S, Belt Idler Pulley, Custom Cherry Bomb Exhaust
    Previous Spyder No. 003008

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default CAT DELETE

Quote Originally Posted by Msmoto View Post
    Hi Guess Lamont must be a mod on this forum as he posted the sticky with the rules...

But, I just installed one of his pipes after removing the catalytic converter.... Getting the springs back in place.....not the job for an old lady, however, after enough four letter words and the spring just couldn't stand it and let itself be returned to where it should be.....

The sound, well, louder, maybe a bit more of a drone, but pleasant when not on it all the way... only 200 miles on he new motor, have to let it break in a little.

.....If you didn't get the " BAFFLE " insert that's why your sound is a bit louder................Mike

Spyder Garage

I'm in NC and just installed mine today also. I did get the baffle with it. I am very pleased with it...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Msmoto View Post

You will love those! And don't forget the headlights he has as well!! They both rock! You can check pics in my garage for side by side and final shots....

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default Sounds great

Now with about 275 miles on the Roadster, at least 100 with the new pipe in, I think it is fine without the baffle, just running through the stock rear muffler.

One question, is the rear muffler basically a straight through design or are there baffles inside creating some back pressure?

Oh, I have seen no loss of low end torque, seems to spin the rear tire easily.
    Msmoto
    2016 F3 Limited SS, Garmin 595LM, Sena 10S, Belt Idler Pulley, Custom Cherry Bomb Exhaust
    Previous Spyder No. 003008