Spyder Garage

Default BRP HID Lights on 2013 ? Anyway to do it ?

Hi All

Id like to install the BRP HID Lights on my new 2013 RS-S. I had them on my 2011 and really liked them but it says they are not meant for 2013-2016. I know it has been done though and have seen them on later model bikes.

Can anyone help or explain what we need to do to make them work on my 2013 ? We live in NH and dealer installed them last time but I doubt they would be willing to modify to make work so we are on our own with these if we can/decide to do.

Thanks in advance
    Nicole 😎
    2013 RS-S Neutron Green/Black, Shark RSR2 helmet, Shark Evoline 3 helmet, Sena SMH20, Corbin Seat, Wheelchair Rack, TricLED fender lights, TricLed Underglow kit (green), Trunk Liner, STL Handlebars, Web Boards Driver Floorboards, backrest, BRP Saddlebags, ISCI Handbrake

Spyder Garage

Not worth the expense or trouble any more. The LED retrofit kits have surpassed what decade old HID lamp conversions did. Less money, far less electrical noise, easier install. HID is the 8 track tape of today.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Not worth the expense or trouble any more. The LED retrofit kits have surpassed what decade old HID lamp conversions did. Less money, far less electrical noise, easier install. HID is the 8 track tape of today.
    I am going to add fog lights and harness anyways and can buy the BRP HID for $150.00 ( dealer close out) and since these easily hook together I'd rather do this then the LED kits. A lot of people have had issues with aftermarket LED headlamp fits, etc causing codes.

thanks for the suggestion though but for me I'd like to find a way to use the BRP parts.
    2013 RS-S Neutron Green/Black, Shark RSR2 helmet, Shark Evoline 3 helmet, Sena SMH20, Corbin Seat, Wheelchair Rack, TricLED fender lights, TricLed Underglow kit (green), Trunk Liner, STL Handlebars, Web Boards Driver Floorboards, backrest, BRP Saddlebags, ISCI Handbrake

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kawakii View Post
    I am going to add fog lights and harness anyways and can buy the BRP HID for $150.00 ( dealer close out) and since these easily hook together I'd rather do this then the LED kits. A lot of people have had issues with aftermarket LED headlamp fits, etc causing codes.

thanks for the suggestion though but for me I'd like to find a way to use the BRP parts.
    Its the HID kits that have caused the troubles. But suite your self. There is a reason the old stock is being sold off at pennies on the dollar.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Its the HID kits that have caused the troubles. But suite your self. There is a reason the old stock is being sold off at pennies on the dollar.
    Thanks Jcthorne - I had the BRP HID in my 2011 and loved them. Never had an issue at all. It's why I'd like to move forward with OEM parts. I have tons of LED undeglow
    lights, fender lights and they are great just thought I'd move forward with OEM headlight/fog lights.