Spyder Garage

Default Possible 2016 F3 T New Owner

Greetings all, I am getting close to becoming a new member of the Can Am family with the F3 T purchase. As with an motorcycle purchase I try to get as much feedback as possible just like most folks. I certainly don't want to spend this much money and have it be a wrong decision. The dealer has a white 2016 F 3 T with Audio and I feel they have put a decent deal together.

To the folks who already have purchased, are there any regrets with buying this ? Any issues that you wished you would have known about PRIOR to buying?

I hope to participate and learn from the community and look forward to meeting up for a ride.

Cheers,

Spyder Garage

Default F3-T

Quote Originally Posted by Samson View Post
    Greetings all, I am getting close to becoming a new member of the Can Am family with the F3 T purchase. As with an motorcycle purchase I try to get as much feedback as possible just like most folks. I certainly don't want to spend this much money and have it be a wrong decision. The dealer has a white 2016 F 3 T with Audio and I feel they have put a decent deal together.

To the folks who already have purchased, are there any regrets with buying this ? Any issues that you wished you would have known about PRIOR to buying?

I hope to participate and learn from the community and look forward to meeting up for a ride.

Cheers,
    No regrets with my F3-T SE-6 purchase. I had a 2008 GS 998cc so that is what I compare it to. Would have liked to see the top end RPM stay at 9500. The 1130 top RPM has dropped to 7500. You loose that edge you had over most other bikes that top at 6500 RPM. The Frunk has less space now, a SMALL full size helmet might fit, my big full size Schuberth helmet will not fit in the Frunk. The Side bags look good, back lights look good, but a six-pack of beer will not fit in them. Belt vibration at 70mph. I am going to use a pull behind a Trailer so storage will not be an issue. That is what the "T" stands for to me. Other than that I am happy with the rest of it.

Chris

Chris

Spyder Garage

Default Luv it...

Went from 2014 RTS SE6 end of April 2016 to the F3T ... I had done my research (pro/con) before hand and knew that storage MUCH less (but I pull a trailer when needed)...and probably would not be the ideal ryde for 2 up....but again I seldom have a passenger and then only for "short" distances...
    Any regrets absolutely NONE at ALL..
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by No 2817 View Post
    No regrets with my F3-T SE-6 purchase. I had a 2008 GS 998cc so that is what I compare it to. Would have liked to see the top end RPM stay at 9500. The 1130 top RPM has dropped to 7500. You loose that edge you had over most other bikes that top at 6500 RPM. The Frunk has less space now, a SMALL full size helmet might fit, my big full size Schuberth helmet will not fit in the Frunk. The Side bags look good, back lights look good, but a six-pack of beer will not fit in them. Belt vibration at 70mph. I am going to use a pull behind a Trailer so storage will not be an issue. That is what the "T" stands for to me. Other than that I am happy with the rest of it.

Chris

Chris
    is the frunk smaller than a base F3? Cause I can fit my 3xl schuberth S2 in it just fine.

2015 F3 SE6

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Nope

I agree with the above. I knew all about the storage, but we also have an RT. So with a nice bag that can ryde on the passenger seat, I have more than enough room for me and my stuff for a couple of weeks! Handles like a dream, out of the box. Great quickness. I will say that the seat could be a little cushier so I may be looking at an after market saddle!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome. ..

To this site and soon to the spyder world. All I can say is have a good test ryde and go from there. What you see is what you get and everyone will have their likes and dislikes as to the rest. You are the one that has to be happy cause you will be in the drivers seat....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Just over a year ago I went from riding 40 years of riding two wheels to a 2015 RT Limited. I don't miss the 2 wheels at all. Two weeks ago I traded to the 2016 F3T. The forward controls type sitting position is the most comfortable for me. I was telling the wife last night after a short ride, when I get on this F3T, I just don't want to get off. Just keep going.
    www.sasspyders.com
    2016 F3T
    2015 Freedom Trailer
    Sypderpops BumpSkid Plate
    Lamonster ISP Key Cover
    Lamonster F3 Bar Clamp and Power Port
    Lamonster RIP floorboards and frame caps
    Lamonster Chevron Highway Pegs
    BajaRon Swaybar & Heim Links
    F4 Custom 21" tinted windshield
    BRP Cannonball Seat
    BRP F3 Idler Pully
    FOBO TPMS
    LidLox (dual)
    Garmin 660LM GPS
    Cat Delete Performance Pipe
    F3T Top Case
    PPA Black Widow Wheels
    Custom Frunk Wrap

Spyder Garage

Default F3-T

Quote Originally Posted by siny10309 View Post
    is the frunk smaller than a base F3? Cause I can fit my 3xl schuberth S2 in it just fine.
    I have the 3xl Schuberth S2 like you also, no matter how I turn it the helmet it will not fit. So, I guess it is smaller with the two radiators on each side. I wish it did fit I hate having to carry my helmet around with me.

Chris
    Last edited by No 2817; 08-26-2016 at 11:12 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

, and Happy Shopping!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Have not heard much negative on the site about the F3T's. Not a buyer myself, but have had five assorted 's. I am still a happy camper after eight years and 125,000 assorted spider miles.

A test drive or two is recommended before you sign the dotted line. It is a lot of money compared to some other rides.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I have the 3xl Schuberth S2 like you also, no matter how I turn it the helmet it will not fit. So, I guess it is smaller with the two radiators on each side. I wish it did fit I hate having to carry my helmet around with me. Chris
    I'm kind of suprised you can't fit it too. There is only one orientation that works, but I can't find a photo frustratingly. My F3 is under it's cover but when it next comes out I'll try and snap a photo.

You must have the chin guard pointing upwards with the hole you put your head in toward the rear of the bike. I also find the visor must be down. In that position it should fit but I dont have a helmet in that size so can't be sure.
    | 2015 F3-S | Heated Grips | USB Ports | RAM X-Grip | RT Sway Bar | '2 Up' Rear Shock | SHAD Bag Kit | Oxford Aqua 50 Dry Bag | BRP Rider Backrest |

Spyder Garage

I have the 3xl Schuberth S2 like you also, no matter how I turn it the helmet it will not fit. So, I guess it is smaller with the two radiators on each side. I wish it did fit I hate having to carry my helmet around with me.

Chris
    i hate carrying the helmet also ... i have a 2016 F3L. Purchased a $5 cable to lock my helmet on the bike from ebay.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Lidlox...

They'll secure your helmet to the bike!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Cheers,
    Just bought an F3T myself and no regrets at all. There is currently a $1500 rebate on them make sure you're getting a lot more than $1500 off MSRP as it's now late season and the 2017's are on the website.
    Regards, Rodney
    2011 RT-S SE5
    2016 F3T SM6

Spyder Garage

I pulled trigger today, I think I got a very fair deal. The bike is still in the crate and I should get it delivered to me next Thursday. Hope to learn from all of you and maybe even contribute.

Spyder Garage

Love mine!
    Live, Love, and Ride! God Bless!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I pulled trigger today, I think I got a very fair deal. The bike is still in the crate and I should get it delivered to me next Thursday. Hope to learn from all of you and maybe even contribute.
    & on your new F3T. I love mine, even with the smaller storage compared to my previous RTs.

Quote Originally Posted by al0vely View Post
    i hate carrying the helmet also ... i have a 2016 F3L. Purchased a $5 cable to lock my helmet on the bike from ebay.
    That's what I did. It has a titanium cable and I just hook it to the passenger grab bars and set it on the passenger seat.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Congrats and enjoy. Time to accessorize.....
    Regards, Rodney
    2011 RT-S SE5
    2016 F3T SM6

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    That's what I did. It has a titanium cable and I just hook it to the passenger grab bars and set it on the passenger seat.
    Get the cable a bit longer and you can also run it through the sleeve of a jacket too.

Just don't leave helmets on a bike at bars or areas with drunks. People like to dump things in them and worse. Also run the cable through the chin bar not strap buckles because people actually cut the straps.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Default you need lidlox

Chris
    get one or a pair of lidlox and lock your helmet to your handlebar -- that's what we do since neither of our helmets fit in our storage.
    We now have His and Hers Spyders!
    Current Spyder: White 2015 F3-S SE6
    His Spyder: White 2015 F3 SE6

Previous Spyder: 2012 RT Limited SE5 -- 30,300 miles
    Previous rides: Kawasaki & Honda
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default yep

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Lidlox...

They'll secure your helmet to the bike!
    +1 for Lidlox! They work great and allow you to use the other compartments for storage of other bits!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

I just leave mine on the seat.
    Regards, Rodney
    2011 RT-S SE5
    2016 F3T SM6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by taken View Post
    I just leave mine on the seat.
    And one day it just might be...

taken!
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

I can live with that intense risk.
    Regards, Rodney
    2011 RT-S SE5
    2016 F3T SM6