Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Default spyders & recumbents

Quote Originally Posted by BoilerAnimal View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Our Spyder is the first motorcycle I've owned but rode quite a few of my friends bikes when I was a lot younger.

My wife and I have even riding ours for about six weeks and have put about 3000 miles on it. We have gotten a lot of positive attention while on it and it has been the cause of quite a few conversations with total strangers, all of them positive.

In fact the only negative comments came from family, a nephew who started out not liking it based on its looks but quickly changed his mind when he got an up close look. The other was from my sister's husband who gave the story about a co-worker who said he had ridden one and it wandered all over the road and wasn't really a motorcycle. He sounded more jealous than anything else to me.

My wife wasn't too enthralled with the looks of a Spyder but the comfort more than made up for that and it must have grown on her because she thinks it looks sharp now.

She kind of got used to riding something a little different after years of riding recumbent bicycles with me. We had two recumbent tandems, a BikeE E2 and a Rans Screamer, along with a regular BikeE and a Rans Stratus XP. Definitely not your mainstream bicycles. And just like a Spyder , they got lots of looks and comments!
    I have a Rans Rocket and my husband has the BikE mountain bike (don't know what the model is after all these years). I know someone else on here also rides a recumbent. I guess people who like "different" things, gravitate towards them in a lot of parts of their lives
    We now have His and Hers Spyders!
    Current Spyder: White 2015 F3-S SE6
    His Spyder: White 2015 F3 SE6

Previous Spyder: 2012 RT Limited SE5 -- 30,300 miles
    Previous rides: Kawasaki & Honda
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

What leaning vehicle can do this, Not a spyder but close enough. Bikers and Trikers all in one.
    BikerTriker.jpg

Just one of the enhancements of riding a SportTrike – you can also be a biker! Today we loaded up our 16 speeds and headed off to the state bicycle trail for a bit of fun. Hit some road construction along the way so 3 miles of gravel – who cares gravel is now fun. Put 10 miles on the bikes grabbed 22 geocaches then headed back home and took a nice scenic threw a tree lined (gravel) road.
    Great times and no limits.