Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default I rescued my spyder..lol

Hello everyone.I am a newbie to the Spyder world(coming from riding a HD)I bought(rescued )my 2011 rt from on older gentleman that basically taken it apart and put back together with zip ties. It has an orange screen about parking break..I got an owners manual but it was a 2012 one...Anyone know where I can get a service manual cheap?...I priced several of the plastic pieces it needs from the dealer 1300.00 worth ...It needs new tires too....Any help would greatly be appreciate... I am in east Tn (Dolly Parton country)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

and use the advance search what ever you want to know. There's a lot of post in almost anything you want to know. Good luck.
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

If you go to the BRP /Spyder wed site under owners, you can pull up the 2011 owners manual in PDF format then print it.

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

search for Green Manual..That is about as cheap as you can get for a manual and keep it on a hard drive

http://www.canammanuals.com/Can-Am%20Spyder.htm

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Shop manuals are probably best found on E-Bay.
    Look for the Green Manuals.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

The BRP site has them as stated above...
    Live, Love, and Ride! God Bless!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tnmtngrl View Post
    Hello everyone.I am a newbie to the Spyder world(coming from riding a HD)I bought(rescued )my 2011 rt from on older gentleman that basically taken it apart and put back together with zip ties. It has an orange screen about parking break..I got an owners manual but it was a 2012 one...Anyone know where I can get a service manual cheap?...I priced several of the plastic pieces it needs from the dealer 1300.00 worth ...It needs new tires too....Any help would greatly be appreciate... I am in east Tn (Dolly Parton country)
    Hi,

The others have got you covered on the manuals but it may also be worth checking out the Spyder section of this web site (wasn't quite sure which model RT you have but this is the 2011 page):

http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/oempa...cle_2011/parts

Their site has exploded diagrams of each area of the bike with lists of parts - sounds like that is going to be very useful in your case helping to work out what's missing/broken.

They are also supposed to be a cheaper than the dealers as well. Not used them myself but they get mentioned a lot on this site. Even if you don't end up using them, having the part numbers is going to make things easier to track down.

Anyway good luck with your 'restoration' project:-)

Spyder Garage

the one listed in post #4 is the best one to get. As you have a 2011 get the 2010-2011 RT manual for $23.50. You can search this manual on your computer and all the extra stuff is great.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default DISCOUNTED OEM PARTS

You must register ( it's FREE ) to get dis-counted prices ....PROCALIBER.COM ---......Mike .....&

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Thanks so much everyone..

Thank you so much everyone for all your help..I was referred to this site and I think I'm gonna love it....Will definitely look at all other threads..

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There was a guy in Iceland who posted here previously with a similar situation. I'd love to see your before, during and after pics.

Sounds like you have a project on your hands!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Default There you go....

As stated, if not a warranty item your best deals are on cheapcycleparts.com and Procaliber. If going custom and color is not a problem you can find parts on ebay, amazon, google sites etc. The nuts and bolts at your local home depot type or autoparts stores and even some here... the brake light limp thing in many cases it a simple fix...good luck and some before and after photos would be great. Always nice to see one brought back to life...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Good luck with your resurection project!!! I hope all the parts are there, and may the broken parts be very few!!! There are 2 dealers near you, one in Kodak,
    Mountain Motors and Alcoa on the East side of Knoxville. Go to BRP.com to find dealers and location info. Also ask the previous owner if they installed a BajaRon sway bar and billet links.
    You will want these installed, a vast improvement in the handling of the Spyder!!!! It was the first thing I did to mine, the difference was amazing!!!
    You will also want to read "Dos and Don'ts for new Spyder owners"!!! It is listed at the top of this forum. Lots of info there, you may want to print a copy for easy reference...
    Last edited by ingramwc; 08-26-2016 at 08:42 AM. Reason: sp. oops!!!
    Current ride: 2013 Circuit Yellow ST-S SE5

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    As stated, if not a warranty item your best deals are on cheapcycleparts.com and Procaliber. If going custom and color is not a problem you can find parts on ebay, amazon, google sites etc. The nuts and bolts at your local home depot type or autoparts stores and even some here... the brake light limp thing in many cases it a simple fix...good luck and some before and after photos would be great. Always nice to see one brought back to life...
    How do we fix the parking break light ?orange screen and flashing red lite the parking break still works

Spyder Garage

How do we fix the parking break light ?orange screen and flashing red lite the parking break still works
    Low brake fluid can cause the brake warning light to come on. Give it a check under the seat right rear side.
    2016 RT Ltd. , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

As mentioned, check the fluid level as well as the switches and level sensors. Check brake lights and fuses....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Honda Can Am of Winston-Salem has an RS with a blown eng. Some one put Suger in the gas tank! Might see if you could obtain it for parts? Good Luck.
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it. Sypder Loco!

Spyder Garage

Default Crazy question I realize

but you don't happen to be a nurse do you?
    Doug Barnes
    James 4:17

all on two wheels. More on four or more. Guess I may need to start multi-coloring for three wheels.

Spyder Garage

Brake fluid has nothing to do with the parking brake. Some folks get mixed up sometimes. Brake fluid level in very important for another very common problem with a brake failure message. For the parking brake problem as you describe you need to look at the parking brake limit switch.

Capture.JPG

2018 F3 LIMITED