Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTF?

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Spyder_Cowgirl's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that you were bit by the low ground-clearance...
    What is your deductible, and how much is the repair bill?

I'm not familiar with West Virginia's DMV and Insurance laws, so it would be best to give your Agent a quick call, and ask what ramifications might come with a claim.
    Good Luck!
    Wouldn't this, potentially, fall under home owners insurance? Since it was a faulty foundation that caused the damage .... just wondering.
    __________________________________________________ _
    2016 RT Limited -- "Jubilee" (as in Cherries)
    Guardian Bell (gift from spyderowboy)
    ISCI Dual Flag Mount – Tall Poles
    Lamonster Bottle Holder and Spyder Cuff
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Rear Run / Brake / Turn LEDs
    Spyderpops Mirror LEDs
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake

Spyderpops Keep Out The Trash (KOTT) Grills
    Don't Eat Mud / mudflap
    __________________________________________________ __

Spyder Garage

Smile GARAGE

I'm thinking since it was the wifes' side of the garage, she should be more responsible and pay the deductible. But if you mention that outloud, you didn't hear it from me and good luck.
    Bob, k7xi. 2013 RTL

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear about the damage to your Spyder. I'm rethinking buying a skid plate for my Spyder now.
    On the road again...........and forever young!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Yesterday is a cancelled check.
    Tomorrow is a promissory note.
    Today is cash.......spend it wisely.

Spyder Garage

I wonder if this would have happened without the bumpskid? It seems there is somewhat of a radius to the bottom of the nose, that maybe would have been enough to guide up over the hump, instead of snagging it like it did with the blunt edge of the bumpskid...Devil's advocate I guess, and a non-bumpskid owner. Just wondering out loud.... No disrespect meant either way
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder_Cowgirl View Post
    Wouldn't this, potentially, fall under home owners insurance? Since it was a faulty foundation that caused the damage .... just wondering.
    Thankfully, not - my homeowners deductible is four times what my motorcycle insurance deductible is!

Quote Originally Posted by BoilerAnimal View Post
    Sorry to hear about the damage to your Spyder. I'm rethinking buying a skid plate for my Spyder now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazo EMS2 View Post
    I wonder if this would have happened without the bumpskid? It seems there is somewhat of a radius to the bottom of the nose, that maybe would have been enough to guide up over the hump, instead of snagging it like it did with the blunt edge of the bumpskid...Devil's advocate I guess, and a non-bumpskid owner. Just wondering out loud.... No disrespect meant either way
    Through the years, while riding back roads, some in very poor shape, the bump skid has protected my frunk from serious damage I've bottomed out, numerous times, sometimes, pretty darn hard. This was a fluke that I wasn't expecting because I have been in and out of the garage many, many times, and the settling of the asphalt has been slow, and therefore, not that noticeable to me. If this had been anywhere but my home, I'd have been paying better attention and seen the problem.

I dropped my Spyder off (without appointment) at the dealership, yesterday, around 11AM. The tech looked at it and said he saw three parts, right off, that would cost over $700 - so I contacted GEICO and said I'd be using the insurance. At 3 PM, the GEICO adjuster called - said he'd been to the dealership, looked at all the broken parts, because the dealership had already pulled it apart and completed the estimate, approved the claim and left a check for the entire amount, minus my deductible, with the dealership. Later, I got a call from the head tech, Ryan Bortner, giving me his update. He ordered the parts, yesterday, as soon as GEICO approved the repairs.

Total damages, with tax is just over $1,500 that includes three hours labor.

As a plus, the new wheels that I won - and which sort of caused this whole mess - look great!

1.jpg2.jpg

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Got a call from Ryan at Motosports in Hanover, PA, this afternoon. The repairs are completed and I'm picking Topper up, tomorrow. Dropped off on a Tuesday, with no appointment - all fixed by Friday - I can't complain about that!

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dan McNally View Post
    Got a call from Ryan at Motosports in Hanover, PA, this afternoon. The repairs are completed and I'm picking Topper up, tomorrow. Dropped off on a Tuesday, with no appointment - all fixed by Friday - I can't complain about that!
    Good to hear happy results. Could you please share the end parts list with us. Looks like with cost like that ill be looking into a bump skid improvement soon too. Louisiana roads are the worst.

I wasn't there but I still care! POW /MIA VETS

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Heading up to see Ryan on Tuesday and Hanover PA Motorsports. They are squeezing me in for my 3K maint before a long trip I had planned. Great dealership and very customer service oriented.
    2019 F3T , Blue