Spyder Garage

Default 2013 RSS Passenger Backrest options .. ?

Hi All,

Looks like we may be trading in my 2011 RSS for a brand new out of the crate leftover 2013 RSS. I am wondering about passenger backrest options if we buy the 2013 - can I use the Passenger backrest that came out in 2014 for the STS and RS models on my new 2013 RSS so I can buy the corresponding BRP rack bag that clips onto it ?

Or or do I need to buy the older model sport rack and clip in passenger backrest for the 2013 RSS ?

I love the RSS and will be upgrading to a new RSS SE5 with a more recent year ( 2013 -2016) with a few better options a da five year warranty. We are going to see the 2013 on Fridaybut will be continuing to look formate options. Finding a new RSS 2016 SE5 has been harder locally then we thought it'd be.

thanks in advance for backrest advice

Nicole
    2013 RS-S Neutron Green/Black, Shark RSR2 helmet, Shark Evoline 3 helmet, Sena SMH20, Corbin Seat, Wheelchair Rack, TricLED fender lights, TricLed Underglow kit (green), Trunk Liner, STL Handlebars, Web Boards Driver Floorboards, backrest, BRP Saddlebags, ISCI Handbrake

Spyder Garage

I believe the newer backrest replaced the older style and should be interchangeable.

Newer is larger for more comfort and has the optional top box.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Default 2013 RSS passenger backrest

Or you could but a Smooth Spyder on it for about the same money and then you as the driver would also have a nice backrest when you're solo, don't believe the BRP can do that. Oh and congratulations on your new ride
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I would go with the Smoothspyder and not even give the other one a second thought. The Smoothspyder is by far the best farkle I got.

Spyder Garage

Thanks ! I am considering the BRP one so I can eventually get the Givi Bag for longer trips, I already have the BRP R-35 Saddle bags.

I really like the smooth Spyder backrest but no storage bag then. The Plus with the smooth Spyder is a drivers backrest and adjustable.

We will see - I pick up my new RS-S Friday they are transferring my Corbin seat, handbrake, web boards, mirror Extentions , putting console protector on, installing frunk liner, and installing frunk outlet. When we get it we will be adding a Lamonster ram mount kit, tricled fender lights( top, turn signal, and running lights), then Givi bags with LED lights kit with triple play to make run,brake, turn, and then green under glow green lights. Finally putting On wheelchair rack, and whatever backrest I choose.

Winter will bring a new exhaust, and most likely a trip to a seat maker to rip apart my Corbin seat. If I had any other option for a gas flap on an RSS besides Corbin I would get rid of it but hopefully they'll be able to make more comfortable.

So exicted !

appreciate the answer and feedback on backrests !
    2013 RS-S Neutron Green/Black, Shark RSR2 helmet, Shark Evoline 3 helmet, Sena SMH20, Corbin Seat, Wheelchair Rack, TricLED fender lights, TricLed Underglow kit (green), Trunk Liner, STL Handlebars, Web Boards Driver Floorboards, backrest, BRP Saddlebags, ISCI Handbrake