Spyder Garage

Default Corbin bags.

Anyone know if Corbin fixed the issue with the left side bags for the F3

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wrisperj View Post
    Anyone know if Corbin fixed the issue with the left side bags for the F3

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    I seriously doubt it! They flat out don't give a about customer service! Yet, people still give them money. Seats, bags. Makes no difference. They used to be a top company. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

The site has been strangely silent on the subject. Just a bunch of "don't buy from Corbin" comments and the down and dirty on various customer service issues.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

My bags were ok ish, not really worth the money I guess but they do look fab

Ant

Spyder Garage

Default Saddlebags

For anyone wanting to add hard bags to an F3 or F3-S, consider the Shad bags. Better quality and less than 1/2 the price of the Corbin's. I love mine.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

Default LEFT or RIGHT

i've seen and heard enough about Corbin to steer me clear of any of their products...
    for a 3rd of the cost of Corbins side-bags, you can get the SHAD bags, which in my humbled opinion are far better built and much better looking... http://www.shadonline.com/SHAD-SH36-...-p/d0b3600.htm
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    i've seen and heard enough about Corbin to steer me clear of any of their products...
    for a 3rd of the cost of Corbins side-bags, you can get the SHAD bags, which in my humbled opinion are far better built and much better looking... http://www.shadonline.com/SHAD-SH36-...-p/d0b3600.htm
    SPYD3R
    Corbin bags are far better looking than these hands down! Unfortunately you have to deal with Mike Corbin. Years ago when he was a start up and we were all riding Harleys his support was less than admirable needless to say.

His seats were always too hard and the leather did not hold up in the sun. His reply: just buy a new one.

​Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Very Active Member armyspydervet's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I was about to buy a seat from Corbin until I read all the research in here. I usually won't base an opinion on one or two negative comments, but with everything I have heard, it is not worth the hassle to find out if those people are right or wrong. I do wonder why he remains a key sponsor of this site and why spyder owners keep buying from them if they are so bad.
    Chris

2016 F3-T SE6

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We keep hoping that he'll "see the light"...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Could it be that the reason there hasn't been much recent discussion is that no one is buying new Corbin bags? My left bag lid is sprung a bit just like many others, but it does stay closed going down the road and I was "able" to test it in a downpour the other day. No leaks. They look good on the bike, but for the price, they ought to be about perfect!

Spyder Garage

I love my Corbin bags
    2015 F3s White

BRP Drivers and Passenger backrest
    Blue Ridge windshield
    Corbin Saddle Bags

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    SPYD3R

How are these mounted to the Spyder? I do not see the Spyder F3 as one of their 'supported' products.

thanks, TomG

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default No Service

I bought Corbin bags and had to wait 7 months to get them. When I got them they were painted the wrong color. So they wanted me to wait again. I had to go the State Attorney General and worked with my credit card company to get my money back. Corbin says they never refund money. My bank got the refund on my credit card and Corbin could not believe it. I was never able to get anyone at Corbin to help facilitate things. They had my money so it didn't cost them anything for me to wait.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    I seriously doubt it! They flat out don't give a about customer service! Yet, people still give them money. Seats, bags. Makes no difference. They used to be a top company. Tom
    What He said!
    2015 F3 SE6 Black and Chrome, Smoothspyder Backrest and more to come.

Spyder Garage

I too ordered the Corbin bags for my F3 as I thought that they looked much better and had more room than the F3T bags. Also had the bag over the exhaust melt and crack. It took my dealer 3 weeks before someone in Corbin would acknowledge the problem. Finally after weeks, they replaced the bag. We had to fiddle with both lids to get them to close properly. The finish on the new bag is not perfect, but I'm keeping it. Don't ever want to deal with these people again. It is too bad, because over almost a 30 year span, I have purchased 2 seats, and now the bags. In the early days of the company, service and QC were good. Can't say that now.

Spyder Garage

I like my Corbin seat. The stock seat pushed into my tail bone. I have much more room with the Corbin and can ride longer. The bags? They suck, very cheaply made. If I had seem them in person I would not have bought them.
    2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by armyspydervet View Post
    I was about to buy a seat from Corbin until I read all the research in here. I usually won't base an opinion on one or two negative comments, but with everything I have heard, it is not worth the hassle to find out if those people are right or wrong. I do wonder why he remains a key sponsor of this site and why spyder owners keep buying from them if they are so bad.
    I'm lucky as I'm only about a hour plus from their California facility so maybe it makes a difference riding in as opposed to having something shipped?
    I can't comment on the bags but my experience with the saddles and customer service has been stellar. I had Corbin saddles on my last three big cruiser bikes and admit they were 'hard' and a acquired taste but once used to them, very good and put on many miles while being comfortable. I've since gone to the Spyder, and again went with a Corbin. The seat is much, much softer without being to soft. I will say, what I didn't like was it was slippery as hell. Hard braking and turns at speed had my butt sliding all over the place. I was very close to replacing it but remembered, they will give you one free adjustment. Eleven months after buying, I went back in, told them the problem which they seemed to be aware of, and proceeded to reshape into more of a custom bucket seat by adding and subtracting foam. Now it is perfect for me and I'm a happy customer!
    2014 RT-SE6
    Akrapovic Sport Touring 3C Silencer
    High Mount Third Brake Light
    Kuryakyn Black ISO Motorcycle Grips
    LaMonster Spyderdock
    LED’s everywhere!
    Russell Day-Long w/ Backrest
    Seal Floorboards
    Spyderpops Bump Skid
    Spyderpops KOTT Grill (Keep Out The Trash)
    Squared Away Alignment

Riding taught me why dogs stick their heads out the window!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TomG View Post
    How are these mounted to the Spyder? I do not see the Spyder F3 as one of their 'supported' products.

thanks, TomG
    You can buy right through can am on their site or dealer.

Not sure part numbers but just Google "shad bags spyder f3" and they will come up. You need to buy bags and mounting.

Stiff

Sent on Note 5 in Taptalk
    2011 RT Limited , White

Spyder Garage

Default Corbin Service Is Not As Bad As Some People Make Out

Quote Originally Posted by armyspydervet View Post
    We bought a Corbin seat in March and sent it back to be remanufactured because, even though they show the measurements on the site, I didn't realise that the rider seat was lower and further back than standard. This also meant that the rider seat padding was less. In comparison the pillion seat was superb.

The Corbin design is great for a larger rider.

The redesigned seat was too high and too far forward - my mistake. Maybe had I specified their softer foam it might have worked. We sent it back for them to look at and they said it was our mistake and we would have to pay for a redesign or reverting to standard, which was probably fair enough.

We left it with them for a while while we decided what to do. Eventually we called and spoke several times to several people. In the end they have sent us a brand new, standard seat at no extra cost.

That's pretty good service, isn't it?