Spyder Garage

Default Rear Rack with BRP Backrest

A while back I was looking for a rear rack that worked with the BRP passenger backrest. I contacted Maurice at MLB innovations and he said he was not sure if it did, so he sent me one. Well long story short, it did not, I worked with him with some thoughts, he took those and made one that does. I got it a few weeks ago but my bike was in the shop.
    Finally got it installed and it's very nice looks great and functions well. Going to get a Rubbermaid box for use at work to do pickup and deliveries when needed and I don't have my truck with me.
    Then going to get a nice Givi box with a brake light and a lid mirror for the wife's stuff when she rides, should be perfect. As you can see from the pictures it works with the remote shock reservoir too with no issues. Sorry the pics are the right way on my computer not sure why I can't get the straight on here.

20160823_151038.jpg20160823_151045.jpg20160823_151058.jpg

Only thing was it came with plastic spacers, when tightening it started to stress the plastic parts the backrest snaps into so I went back to the stock metal ones and used lock tight and tightened them with extreme care seems fine now.

Maurice is a great guy to deal with and I would highly recommend their products. I see he is sponsor now too

http://www.mblinnovations.com/store/
    Last edited by BLUEZL600EFI; 08-23-2016 at 04:01 PM.

Spyder Garage

Your never going to get a case to open it you can't raise the rack!
    I have a Top case and in order to open it fully the base plate has to be up about half way between the two sets of bolts in the backrest or it's setting way to far back and doesn't look real good.

Good luck

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ABQSpyder View Post
    Your never going to get a case to open it you can't raise the rack!
    I have a Top case and in order to open it fully the base plate has to be up about half way between the two sets of bolts in the backrest or it's setting way to far back and doesn't look real good.

Good luck

What about mounting it so it opens the other way?
    I am sure I will come up with something, just sounds like I need to find one that has a real small lip on the lid no?

Also my Linq bag from my sled may work. It's not something that would need to be on all the time. $_35.JPG
    Last edited by BLUEZL600EFI; 08-23-2016 at 05:25 PM.

Spyder Garage

Sent you a PM

Spyder Garage

Default opening the lid

I have a Givi 55liter topcase on Maurice's rear rack.

The lid does hit the BRP passenger backrest just short of opening all the way (so it stays open by itself), but it's not an issue, so I just deal with it (or be a gentleman and hold the lid while my lady retrieves her pocket book).

Pete
    Pete Tamblyn
    Cleveland, GA

2020 F3 Limited (black)

Time Out XL1800 cargo trailer

2019 Royal Enfield 650 Interceptor
    2018 Kawasaki Versys-X 300

2013 ST (sold)
    2015 F3-S SOLD
    2014 RT-Limited (cognac) SOLD

Spyder Garage

Some of our customers have gotten the top case with the passenger back pad attached to the top case.

Maurice
    MBL Innovations