Spyder Garage

Default Honda Exhaust Gaskets

2012 RSS SE5 25000 miles. Was getting extra heat on left side foot and lower leg. Replaced Y gaskets with Honda Gaskets. Right side was in great shape and left was about 60 per cent good. Muffler gasket was shot-used aluminum exhaust tape to seal it until new one arrives. Runs quieter and smoother now without the left side heat. I put anti-seize on the new gaskets to help it all slide together better. Started it up to check for leaks and in a minute or two the right side started to smoke like hell followed by the left side a minute later. Thought it was on fire as the anti seize burned out. Test rode and all is good now. Might want to skip the anti-seize. Thanks to Wacky Dan for his How to pics on this installation. Nice. John

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default ANTI-SIEZE

Quote Originally Posted by spyderwing View Post
    2012 RSS SE5 25000 miles. Was getting extra heat on left side foot and lower leg. Replaced Y gaskets with Honda Gaskets. Right side was in great shape and left was about 60 per cent good. Muffler gasket was shot-used aluminum exhaust tape to seal it until new one arrives. Runs quieter and smoother now without the left side heat. I put anti-seize on the new gaskets to help it all slide together better. Started it up to check for leaks and in a minute or two the right side started to smoke like hell followed by the left side a minute later. Thought it was on fire as the anti seize burned out. Test rode and all is good now. Might want to skip the anti-seize. Thanks to Wacky Dan for his How to pics on this installation. Nice. John
    . If you used the Silver stuff ...that will burn .....the Copper color is for High heat ........Mike

Spyder Garage

Hi spyderwing,

Re: Was getting extra heat on left side foot and lower leg.

This started Thursday on my '08 with 11k miles. She is in for a new 'Y' gasket as I type this.

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Spyder Garage

Default HONDA GASKETS

Quote Originally Posted by JerryB View Post
    Hi spyderwing,

Re: Was getting extra heat on left side foot and lower leg.

This started Thursday on my '08 with 11k miles. She is in for a new 'Y' gasket as I type this.

Jerry Baumchen
    ................Jer, I hope you brought them your own because otherwise they will use OEM gaskets and they SU*K .....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderwing View Post
    Mite want to do research on the anti seize some will hurt the O2 sensors
    2 happy happy spyders

Spyder Garage

Default O 2 sensors

Quote Originally Posted by r1100rider View Post
    Mite want to do research on the anti seize some will hurt the O2 sensors
    They are before the Gaskets in questions .......Mike

Spyder Garage

Hi Mike,

Re: OEM gaskets and they SU*K .....

In a few days I am heading out on a couple of rides & and a 2,000 mile trip. I'm taking what he has in stock.

I can deal with different/better gaskets when I have the luxury of more time.

But, thank you for your concern,

Jerry Baumchen

PS) Since you also live in the 'northern belt' of the country, you must understand that I want to ride every day that I can. Gaskets can be replaced during the rainy season.
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5