Thread: F3T or F3S

Spyder Garage

Question F3T or F3S

I am about to pull the trigger on a 2016 F3. Since sound is not a huge deal for me as I will likely ride with a comm/sound system in my helmet, any reason to get the T rather than an S, to which I would add Shad bags (bigger than the T bags - can fit full size helmet) and a windshield? Cost will be similar.
    Thanks,
    Neil

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I could be wrong, but I think that the T is getting an upgraded rear shock, and the new swingarm design that will accept a trailer hitch. (If that's an important thing to you!)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Am also deciding to whether to go for the F3T or F3S; will be watching this thread.
    I keep on rationalizing that I shoud go for the F3S as we have the RTL for touring anyway.

Defintely, like to have the side bags on the F3T even for shorter 1-2 day rides.
    2017 Honda Rebel 500 ABS
    2016 Spyder F3T
    2014 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 Indian Scout
    2014 Honda 300 Forza

Spyder Garage

Default Leaning toward T

If the side bags on the T were big enough for a full helmet, it would be an easier decision. I prefer the Shad bags as they are big enough. But the upgraded shock, trailer hitch, USB, glove box... have me leaning toward the T. Then the radio is just a bonus.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Well, I have a RT, and I love it for touring with the the wife. She is much more comfortable than on the F3 or F3t.
    But if she doesn't ride much, I will be looking at a F3T. For me, the stereo and saddle bags (even the small ones) would be a no brainer. But I don't think I will have the nerve to ask the wife about any more purchases in at least another year.
    Good luck on your choice. Either way, I think you will be happy.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

If you ride single, the F3S is great. The front trunk easily handles a full face helmet. I have soft side saddle bags when we ride overnight and longer.

The T is a nice step up but you could do well with either.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nrb1 View Post
    If the side bags on the T were big enough for a full helmet, it would be an easier decision. I prefer the Shad bags as they are big enough. But the upgraded shock, trailer hitch, USB, glove box... have me leaning toward the T. Then the radio is just a bonus.
    You can put your helmet (one) in the frunk of the S and the T. So the Shad bags are not the only place you could place a helmet. I can never hear any bike stereo system at highway speeds so a scala is what I use. I also like the fact you can take the saddle bags and the windshield totally off of the S. To me the S has much more versatility. The good news is, the S, L and T F3's are all great choices. Also, as part of the deal ask for the 2up shock to be installed on the F3s if it concerns you.
    Last edited by Tazzel; 08-22-2016 at 05:10 PM.

Spyder Garage

I specifically went with the F3-S as the T does cost more and the side bags are too small... Not a big deal as I do love the way the T looks.

***However, I like the look of the F3-S tubular frame and I get to choose what side bags to put on it... I think it gives me a lot more flexibility. You can also swap the shock out, so that isn't a big deal.
    Last edited by WackyDan; 08-22-2016 at 04:56 PM. Reason: more
    WackyDan - Fun, not crazy.
    Charlotte (Matthews), NC
    Silver Moon SM5 - V35 and V46 Givis, CHAD, Motolight 35w steering lights, Dash Powerlets, Helibar risers, Garage door opener, Eastern Beaver PC-8, Digital voltmeter, Kewl Metal Intake, Evoluzione Sway Bar, RT Shocks and Juice Box PRO.
    *Mower deck in development*
    2008 model -new in crate, April 09
    26,000 miles.

Looking for other Charlotte area riders to cruise with and compare Spyders.

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

Default F3-T

I am about to pull the trigger on a 2016 F3. Since sound is not a huge deal for me as I will likely ride with a comm/sound system in my helmet, any reason to get the T rather than an S, to which I would add Shad bags (bigger than the T bags - can fit full size helmet) and a windshield? Cost will be similar.
    Thanks,
    Neil
    I went with the F3-T just for the looks. The side bags on the F3-T are very limited in size, but the over all look is nice. The integrated tail lights look good.

Chris

Spyder Garage

I had a limited for a weekend demo. I went to an S. The T/Limited are nice but the side compartments are small. And also open up on you sometimes when cornering hard. The rear suspension isn't that much better so not worth it for those 2 things.

I'd go S. Just MO

Sent on Note 5 in Taptalk
    2011 RT Limited , White

Spyder Garage

stiffler, if the side bags popped open while cornering, their latch was not caught completely. This is one thing my dealer warned me about and show me a method they shared with all buyers on how to make sure it's caught. They said that your issue was a common complaint from buyers but not an actual flaw but rather "user error."
    Regards, Rodney
    2011 RT-S SE5
    2016 F3T SM6

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Benggolf View Post
    Am also deciding to whether to go for the F3T or F3S; will be watching this thread.
    I keep on rationalizing that I shoud go for the F3S as we have the RTL for touring anyway.

Defintely, like to have the side bags on the F3T even for shorter 1-2 day rides.
    LidLox (site sponsor) allows you to lock your helmet on the handle bars so you can use the frunk and side bags for storage!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

These look like they would be great to mount bags to an F3 or F3S:http://www.greatbikegear.com/index.p...er-f3-f3s.html
    Last edited by Highwayman2013; 08-23-2016 at 08:03 AM.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Then there are these bags, not too stylish. http://www.mcmelectronics.com/browse...oof/0000001435
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Cool Thanks for the input

The Lidlox helmet lock solution helped in the decision. Decided for a little more cost, I would go with the extras that come with the T. Picking it up this afternoon. See you on the road.
    Cheers.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    These look like they would be great to mount bags to an F3 or F3S:http://www.greatbikegear.com/index.p...er-f3-f3s.html
    That's what I use easy on off

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lastchance View Post
    That's what I use easy on off
    I have easy brackets, but I can't find saddle bags I like. What bags do you have and can you post a picture please?
    2020 RT Limited
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

You can always order your F3T without the radio and save the money for other stuff.
    Owners here have been reporting that radio reception is rather unsatisfactory.
    Last edited by Benggolf; 08-25-2016 at 01:48 PM.
    2017 Honda Rebel 500 ABS
    2016 Spyder F3T
    2014 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 Indian Scout
    2014 Honda 300 Forza

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The Lidlox helmet lock solution helped in the decision. Decided for a little more cost, I would go with the extras that come with the T. Picking it up this afternoon. See you on the road.
    Cheers.

Lidlox for the helmet is great but if it rains, your helmet will be a water bucket. I do use it my lidlox but if I think it is going to rain while I am in the office I put the helmet in the Frunk.

Spyder Garage

Default IMHO

If you like to make it your own look , the F3-S is the way to go. Lots of custom accessories out there: windshields, bags, sound systems, backrests, seats, luggage racks, lighting, floorboards, shocks.......
    God bless those who serve/served our country!

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default And

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    Lidlox for the helmet is great but if it rains, your helmet will be a water bucket. I do use it my lidlox but if I think it is going to rain while I am in the office I put the helmet in the Frunk.
    If yiu use the travel cover, it will cover the helmet! Then I would just carry a plastic bag to cover the helmet!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

If one of your deciding factors is the radio on the F3 T I would not let it be a deal breaker. I bought the 2017 F3T and the only disappointment is the radio. The reception at times is downright awful . I spoke to the dealer about it and it was the common sentence, that the first I'm hearing of it. I'm adding a GPS 665 and will run with Xm radio threw blue tooth. Good luck with whatever your purchase.

Take Care

J.D