Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

I will be getting one as soon as they are available. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

If it is really $50, I will be getting one.
    God bless those who serve/served our country!

Spyder Garage

Default BRP belt tensioner

This sure sounds like a common issue for us F3 owners.
    2016 F3L , Big Bike Parts Black

Spyder Garage

Having recently gone from the 2015 RT Limited to the 2016 F3T, the belt vibration is quit a bit more on the F3T. I'll be buying one of these.
    www.sasspyders.com
    2016 F3T
    2015 Freedom Trailer
    Sypderpops BumpSkid Plate
    Lamonster ISP Key Cover
    Lamonster F3 Bar Clamp and Power Port
    Lamonster RIP floorboards and frame caps
    Lamonster Chevron Highway Pegs
    BajaRon Swaybar & Heim Links
    F4 Custom 21" tinted windshield
    BRP Cannonball Seat
    BRP F3 Idler Pully
    FOBO TPMS
    LidLox (dual)
    Garmin 660LM GPS
    Cat Delete Performance Pipe
    F3T Top Case
    PPA Black Widow Wheels
    Custom Frunk Wrap

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default My word

Quote Originally Posted by ZENspyderman View Post
    BRP should make the kit available as a RECALL, you can't tell me that they didn't know of the condition!!! design engineering flaw
    Really a recall for a little discomfort between 65 and 70 miles per hour! (Or wherever you feel it) Good grief! I am amazed that privileged people like us will complain about anything! Look around the world and count you blessings! The vibration does nothing harmful to you or your Spyder! Come on really!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Question Lamont

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post

Do you have them in stock now?
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by papanorm View Post
    This sure sounds like a common issue for us F3 owners.
    I'm wondering if it gets more noticeable as you accumulate miles and the belt breaks in and stretches a bit? I am very sensitive to annoyances. My wife says I live life annoyed. However, in the first few hundred miles I have on my machine, I have no belt vibration. (Going to knock wood now...)
    Regards, Rodney
    2011 RT-S SE5
    2016 F3T SM6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by taken View Post
    I'm wondering if it gets more noticeable as you accumulate miles and the belt breaks in and stretches a bit? I am very sensitive to annoyances. My wife says I live life annoyed. However, in the first few hundred miles I have on my machine, I have no belt vibration. (Going to knock wood now...)
    The vibration seems to be getting worse on my 2015 F3-S. I picked it up new a little over a week ago. Within 100 miles I started to notice it I now have almost 1300 miles and it is a lot worse now.

Spyder Garage

Got it. Well, it looks as though the problem will show up for me at the same time as the solution. I can't complain too much about that...
    Regards, Rodney
    2011 RT-S SE5
    2016 F3T SM6

Spyder Garage

Default Attachment Point

Quote Originally Posted by Nyparrothead View Post
    The pics do not show attachment point...
    The attachment point is forward of the left pillion foot rest using the 2 bolts you can see in the photos attached.

Belt tension 1.jpgBelt tension 2.jpg

Spyder Garage

Default About Time

Quote Originally Posted by wengerda View Post
    Do you know the part number for the belt tensioner?
    It should be free...............

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Any date on when we can get these?

Spyder Garage

Default My lucky day

How nice that they are going to fix this issue. My first Spyder No.xxxx003008 did not have this irritating vibration. And, now I can fix this for only $50..... or maybe less than $100... on the one I picked up two days ago.....LOL.

And, good to know that Lamonster Garage is a good place as I have the pipe to replace the catalytic converter on the way.
    Msmoto
    2016 F3 Limited SS, Garmin 595LM, Sena 10S, Belt Idler Pulley, Custom Cherry Bomb Exhaust
    Previous Spyder No. 003008

Spyder Garage

• The vibration is a factory defect BRP has some balls making us pay to fix their problem.Plus were the ones who have to lose time to put it on.
    Last edited by IdleUp; 08-26-2016 at 08:11 PM.
    Military Drone Designer & Pilot
    www.rotory.com

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I was talking with Len at Pitbull the other day and he said that BRP showed a belt tensioner at the dealer show for the F3 that will work on all F3's. He said it was pretty cheap to, under $50.00. That's good news for those that are bothered by the belt vibration.

As opposed to the Cricket?? Is this magic or just an acceptable # tension number--the cricket sell for less than $20--or they haven't given you complete info--did Len at Pitbull see it used at the show??
    If BRP claims the belt is the source of the vibration--why does it vibrate at certain rpm's while parked in neutral??
    Darrell
    Last edited by Wildrice; 08-26-2016 at 08:06 PM.
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrice View Post
    As opposed to the Cricket?? Is this magic or just an acceptable # tension number--the cricket sell for less than $20--or they haven't given you complete info--did Len at Pitbull see it used at the show??
    If BRP claims the belt is the source of the vibration--why does it vibrate at certain rpm's while parked in neutral??
    Darrell
    Sorry! I can't make sense of what you're saying.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Sorry! I can't make sense of what you're saying.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
    I am saying that with the bike parked in neutral = zero belt movement & the engine rev'd to 3500 rpm I can feel the vibration. What part don't you understand?? The "Crikit" is a tool that allows one to measure belt tension. Please explain what you do not understand..

In other words I'm saying I could remove the belt from the F3's, rev the engine in the 3,000--4,000 rpm range, and still feel the vibration.
    Darrell
    Last edited by Wildrice; 08-27-2016 at 07:01 AM.
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Spyder Garage

I am saying that with the bike parked in neutral = zero belt movement & the engine rev'd to 3500 rpm I can feel the vibration. What part don't you understand?? The "Crikit" is a tool that allows one to measure belt tension. Please explain what you do not understand..

In other words I'm saying I could remove the belt from the F3's, rev the engine in the 3,000--4,000 rpm range, and still feel the vibration.
    Darrell
    We are talking about belt vibration in this post. Not engine vibration. The belt vibration feels alot different.

Sent on Note 5 in Taptalk
    2011 RT Limited , White

Spyder Garage

Darrell
    I was wondering how long it would take you to chime in. What you feel isn't the same as what others feel no matter how much you insist. Ours is (was) belt related and SmoothSpyder fixed it.
    2015 F3 (wife's)
    2014 Indian Vintage
    2019 AMG C43 cabrio
    1966 LS1 Corvette restomod
    1956 Corvette survivor (wife's)
    1941 Chevy hotrod truck
    2023 Corvette Z06

Spyder Garage

Darrell
    There is two different issues - what your talking about is just the poor balancing of the 3 cyl engine which there is nothing you can do about it - you don't have to take the belt off you can feel it sitting anywhere with some throttle added.

Of course the second problem is the belt issue - first off BRP whet the cheap route and put the idler in the wrong place on top of the belt and on the tension side which is wrong since any time the engine is pulling its tightened automatically . While it helps, it won't cure the problem as well as an idler located on he slack side of the belt where it belongs.

Again I state this really sucks that BRP makes a mistake and we have to pay for something they should be installing for free!
    Military Drone Designer & Pilot
    www.rotory.com

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yu View Post
    Not a safety issue. Recall=safety. No safety issue=no recall.
    OK what if they forgot to put antenna on the Spyder?
    Make us pay for antenna to have good working radio?
    They can recall Spyder to install part even tho it is not a safety issue.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Please go into detail Bob. Serious about what?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by beefybudds View Post
    Please go into detail Bob. Serious about what?
    When discussing vehicles in the United States, "recall" has a legal definition and it has to do with safety issues, and is overseen by the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration.

BRP uses service bulletins and other in house methods to correct some issues - but none are a "recall"

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dan McNally View Post
    When discussing vehicles in the United States, "recall" has a legal definition and it has to do with safety issues, and is overseen by the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration.

BRP uses service bulletins and other in house methods to correct some issues - but none are a "recall"
    Thank you for the reply and teaching me something new.
    Seems like Bob was just trying to be a jerk.