Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default tracker...

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboymorton View Post
    LOL!! I like the .380!! Guns are not allowed as part of any anti theft strategy here. Well, not allowed at all.

I did wonder because I have noticed there's not much anti theft on US vehicles. We have a lot. As I have no garage I had to have a tracker fitted to get theft cover on my insurance. All UK vehicles have alarms/immobilisors as standard and the more exotic stuuf has to have higher spec units to be covered by insurers.

We had a real problem with theft for joy riding in the 90s and that led the push to standard fit immobilisors. Insurance for some performance cars here in the 90s could be more than the value of the car. It was a mad time. Not nearly as bad now.

So this DESS key thing is normal here. What isn't normal however, is all the problems. It's rare to have issues with keys with chips in them on any other vehicle.

My insurance company offered me $7 off per year if I had a tracker. AND they only recognized 2 trackers. Both were over $400 installed.

So guess what? No tracker on my spyder.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Metallic Dark

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by greatrides View Post
    2015 f3 no delay ether...hit the button start the spyder!
    same here, no waiting on 2015 F3S or 2015 F3
    We now have His and Hers Spyders!
    Current Spyder: White 2015 F3-S SE6
    His Spyder: White 2015 F3 SE6

Previous Spyder: 2012 RT Limited SE5 -- 30,300 miles
    Previous rides: Kawasaki & Honda
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrice View Post
    Went outside to try my early 2015 F3's----Turned on Key, pressed red button to run, put foot on brake, pressed for 1 second the ECO?Mode button & no start---I had to hold the eco/mode button in for 3 seconds---hmmm
    someone else may have already corrected you, but you got the order wrong. you turn on the key, then press mode, then hit the red start button (with your foot on the brake).
    We now have His and Hers Spyders!
    Current Spyder: White 2015 F3-S SE6
    His Spyder: White 2015 F3 SE6

Previous Spyder: 2012 RT Limited SE5 -- 30,300 miles
    Previous rides: Kawasaki & Honda
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gilda View Post
    I tried this with my 2015 ST L SE5. Didn't work.
    n

Interesting, it does seem to be 1330 models only that have the different software which allows you to start it with no delay.
    | 2015 F3-S | Heated Grips | USB Ports | RAM X-Grip | RT Sway Bar | '2 Up' Rear Shock | SHAD Bag Kit | Oxford Aqua 50 Dry Bag | BRP Rider Backrest |

Spyder Garage

I carry out the same sequence only I don't put my foot on the brake, only if I've left the bike in gear when I stopped it?

Ant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vondalyn View Post
    someone else may have already corrected you, but you got the order wrong. you turn on the key, then press mode, then hit the red start button (with your foot on the brake).
    There is NO red "start" button, Vondalyn, it's black. I believe Wildrice is referring to the red Kill switch which he is setting to "run", so his order is indeed correct.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Default 3 pages of posts---55 entries

& someone thinks this topic has no interest---mainly because it doesn't involve them---hmmm--always consider the source...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have never seen so many people sniveling over something so inconsequential...

There's a real easy solution: sell the bike, and get something else to be miserable ov
    Last edited by Wildrice; 08-23-2016 at 05:02 PM.
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Inconsequential? whinging?

Hmmm

OK I'll bite...

Yes, the start delay is annoying and most of the time it's tolerable - just the way it is.

BUT sometimes it does cause a more-than-annoying problem - no quick get-aways are permitted it seems.

For example, when I'm in a gas station, the person waiting behind has had to wait while I remove helmet, fill up, go inside to pay, come back, put helmet & gloves back on (FYI the servo's won't let us fill up unless our helmet is off - "the law"), then off I go --- but wait --- not yet, let's just wait a bit longer while the car behind gets impatient & etc

For example 2, on a group ride where sometimes it's a sudden decision to ride on to the next destination - they've all taken off and I'm sitting there, unbeknownst to them just waiting for the spyder to tell me I've had time to read the safety card while it has a think about all its computer bits...

Yes, it's tolerable and no, it's not a deal-breaker, I still love my Spyder - but I so wish the start delay wasn't there! It's longer on the ST than it was on my RS or is on my husband's F3, and I think the ST is in the same ballpark as the RT range.

I believe (but could be wrong of course) that it was put on the system right back in the beginning to appease law makers, given the Y factor was such new technology. It seems that the police bikes don't need to wait ... I think it's about time the delay was removed by BRP... if at all possible.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by loisk View Post
    For example, when I'm in a gas station, the person waiting behind has had to wait while I remove helmet, fill up, go inside to pay, come back, put helmet & gloves back on (FYI the servo's won't let us fill up unless our helmet is off - "the law"), then off I go --- but wait --- not yet, let's just wait a bit longer while the car behind gets impatient & etc
    I use the kill switch to turn off the Spyder and leave the ignition on when filling up. No delay to get going again, plus I can reset the trip meter while it's filling!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    I use the kill switch to turn off the Spyder and leave the ignition on when filling up. No delay to get going again, plus I can reset the trip meter while it's filling!
    That's useful to know. So turning off with the run switch then switching back on again allows you to just hit the starter? I'm going to try that out. Useful for small stops where I'm leaving the key in.
    | 2015 F3-S | Heated Grips | USB Ports | RAM X-Grip | RT Sway Bar | '2 Up' Rear Shock | SHAD Bag Kit | Oxford Aqua 50 Dry Bag | BRP Rider Backrest |

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboymorton View Post
    That's useful to know. So turning off with the run switch then switching back on again allows you to just hit the starter? I'm going to try that out. Useful for small stops where I'm leaving the key in.
    You cannot do that on an F3, you need the key for the fuel tank. No need on an F3 either as there is no start delay.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dan McNally View Post
    You mean we don't have to read the card? But - but - it says so on the screen!

Next, you'll be telling me I can remove the tags on cushions and mattresses!

Society is totally falling apart!
    If you remove that pillow tag I'm turning you in! Too whom is the question
    Live, Love, and Ride! God Bless!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by loisk View Post
    Inconsequential? whinging?

Hmmm

OK I'll bite...

Yes, the start delay is annoying and most of the time it's tolerable - just the way it is.

BUT sometimes it does cause a more-than-annoying problem - no quick get-aways are permitted it seems.

For example 2, on a group ride where sometimes it's a sudden decision to ride on to the next destination - they've all taken off and I'm sitting there, unbeknownst to them just waiting for the spyder to tell me I've had time to read the safety card while it has a think about all its computer bits...
    Lois,

There was a great tip on here recently. When you walk back to your Spyder, after paying for fuel, or after a ride break, turn it on. Then, by the time you have put your helmet and gloves on, the Spyder is ready for the "start" button. No added delays for cars waiting behind you, and you can take off with everyone else.

I was using that procedure until I found out I don't have to on the F3.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Default I have mastered the start delay on the 2015 F3's

The procedure I followed was to put my left glove on, turn the key, have the start/stop button to on, press the ECO/mode button--take 2 sec to get my right gove on, then press the start button-- & no start unless I hold the ecO/mode button down until the dash flash ends. The real clue is from the time I hit the ECO/mode button I need to immediately hit the start button--in 1 sec or less. Waiting 2 seconds to put my right glove on kills the sequence...Key on, Start/stop button on,press ECO/mode button & immediately press the start button.
    That's the info I've been searching....
    Darrell
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Very Active Member armyspydervet's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

You people don't read the safety card every time? You're missing out on half the fun of the Spyder
    Chris

2016 F3-T SE6

Spyder Garage

I have a 2016 F3 L SS and as soon as the display comes up all I do is hit the mode button and she starts right up without the wait...

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by armyspydervet View Post
    You people don't read the safety card every time? You're missing out on half the fun of the Spyder
    If "Miss July" replaced all of the writing: more folks would never notice the delay...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Start delay

On all spiders you do not have to wait to start after getting gas if it takes you less than 5 minutes!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    NOTE TO SELF: Buy a different bike for robbing banks. Perhaps something subtle and unnoticeable: like a Boss Hoss!

Note to self ... ask Denman where I can get a mask like that guy is wearing. No one would EVER recognize me ...

thehawk
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice ... in practice, however, that's just a theory.

Spyder Garage

Default RS-S quick stops.

When stopping for gas or photo opp, after turning the key off, I hold the mode button and the display remains on. This has been covered before on this board. So, when ready to start again, turn the key to on, start and the engine fires and the computer will reset the display. I love it. No waiting and I guess my BRP underware will be revoked for not reading the card. I love life outside the box!
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it. Sypder Loco!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    If "Miss July" replaced all of the writing: more folks would never notice the delay...
    Or Mr. JULY Bob......
    For da
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it. Sypder Loco!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Quick start

Turn on key, pull safety card out half way and push back in, press ECO/mode and foot brake at the same time hit start and you're on your way. Works every time.

Spyder Garage

I'm told that they are indeed looking to solve the issue.

The plan is to install sophisticated optical recognition technology that will monitor your eye and hand movements to confirm that you've actually read the card, and then you won't actually need to press the button!

They're thinking that it shouldn't add move than about $1500 to the cost of each Spyder.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

Default Has anyone found a way to remove the start delay using the ECO button?

As I mentioned in a post before, My buddy and I both have 2015 RTS's and all we need to do is turn key on, press ECO button and hit starting button..........starts. No delay. Mine will start before the dash display fires up. Maybe it was new feature starting with the 2015's? I've never even pulled the safety card out to see whats on it. How many have tried it? I read about it on a Canadian post before I bought mine. A tech at the dealership didn't even know you could start it that way....kind of scary. safe riding!
    Baja Ron sway bar, Spyder Dock, Highway Brackets,Trident pegs, Spyder Decals, Signal Mirror led strips, Utopia backrest, 5 pc. Hopnel liner set, cargo nets side/rear doors. Mesh bag front trunk, foam grips, spare trunk key, passenger armrests/storage pouch's, ram mounts/GPS, Drink holder,Phone, Passenger clamp-on drink holder, rear trunk tap light, custom plate frame, spyder fastener bolts, adjustable lower mirror wind deflectors, F4 Customs windshield -wide,tall,clear,vent,Chrome Spyder grill.