Hybrid View

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default I feel your pain

I purchased a 2015 RT last Oct. Physical considerations also forced me to part ways with my 2007 FJR. I sold the FJR about a month ago. I was sad to see the FJR going down the road on the back of someone else's pickup. However the RT provides a stable, confident platform. I have no regrets.

Spyder Garage

As a former FJR owner, I think you will enjoy the power of the F3S. I've owned several bikes (including a Spyder GS) and the FJR was the only thing faster! You would have to add luggage to be happy probably. I only ride solo which is basically what the F3S is intended for I think so YMMV.

Spyder Garage

Default Just a thought here.

Why not upgrade so-to-speak to an F3T? The rear suspension is already there for two-up riding plus you get the fairing/windshield and a pair of small integrated saddlebags. I've seen a 2016 SM6 with radio listed for $21,599 and a 2015 Red Limited for $22,999.

Spyder Garage

I understand what you all are saying. That the F3 is mostly for one person riding. Would she be comfortable on the weekend rides she likes? Would she be able to do the Rolling Thunder ride with me on the F3? I would use it mostly as a daily driver back and forth to work.

Spyder Garage

Default RT verse F3

We just purchased a 2016 RTS. We do mostly 2 up riding came from a GL1800. Plus we both owned and drove our own bikes. We both test drove the F3 one up only , we loved the F3, I planned on buying an F3. Then came the 2up test ride.
    We are senior types with normal aches and pains. Less than 2 minutes behind me on the F3 and wife said NOOOOOOO
    go. It just was not comfortable for her. The RT is made for 2 up and has most of the goodies already installed. Plus according to current F3 riders it needs lots of extras to make it into a touring model. The new F3 T has bags and shocks
    with other improvements but the cost is comparable to a RT. Ride both the way you normally ride 2up and make your decision. We love the RTS for 2up riding. But as soon as we can afford it we will have a F3 for the wife to ride her own.
    She hates sitting behind me. Come on entry level 1300.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Semper Fi View Post
    I understand what you all are saying. That the F3 is mostly for one person riding. Would she be comfortable on the weekend rides she likes? Would she be able to do the Rolling Thunder ride with me on the F3? I would use it mostly as a daily driver back and forth to work.
    Yours is a case of perhaps having to buy a bit more bike than you might normally need, in order to keep your Wife happy when you DO need that much bike...

It's kind of like dressing to stay warm in cold weather: too much coat is usually easier to swallow, than not enough!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black