Spyder Garage

Default Wolo horn installed on F3 Limited -At Last

Finally got the Wolo installed. It doesn't fit in the stock horn spot, so that was out and I was back to square one.

Just as I was ready to give up, I checked my assumptions. My main one was that the bracket supplied by Spyderpops, which had an angle in it, was precisely set, so I shouldn't fiddle with it. I thought "I've got nothing to lose", so I bent the bracket's horn mount end up and out. Guess what......it now cleared the cable bundle and worked......I know you should never "assume" (thanks Felix and Oscar), but I thought it was a fair (but wrong) assumption in this case.

Sooooooo. Around 5 hours of frustration, a set of ramps that didn't work (they do now), 5 litres of lost blood, a hernia, a remembrance as to why I never wanted to train as a motor mechanic, a drinking problem, a clean garage (after searching for those tools I needed to do the job but just couldn't find easily......) and it's finished and sounding good.

p.s. the job would only take around 30 minutes or so if I were to do it again.

oh......and just to clarify, this is NOT a criticism of Spyderpops in case someone reads it that way. His package is a good one, and worthwhile

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Pete, I had a similar experience attempting the dreaded heated grip install. Glad you got yours sorted! Mine heads to a dealer for the install the end of the month to get torn apart all over again...
    Regards, Rodney
    2011 RT-S SE5
    2016 F3T SM6

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default There you go....

Sometimes you just need to step back and take a moment....the drinking might have helped... but glad you found the solution and you are loud and clear for the road....
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Pete,
    on surviving the ordeal: it sounds like a lot of my own...
    and on getting that "Bad-Boy" under the hood!
    Here's to hoping that it never has to be used!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Finally got the Wolo installed. It doesn't fit in the stock horn spot, so that was out and I was back to square one.Pete
    Where did you end up putting it?
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Finally got the Wolo installed.

Sooooooo. Around 5 hours of frustration, a set of ramps that didn't work (they do now), 5 litres of lost blood, a hernia, a remembrance as to why I never wanted to train as a motor mechanic, a drinking problem, a clean garage (after searching for those tools I needed to do the job but just couldn't find easily......) and it's finished and sounding good.

p.s. the job would only take around 30 minutes or so if I were to do it again.

Pete
    See, we (The English) had a reason for sending your great x4 grandfather out there! The collective gene pool wasn't really too deep and we realised that
    it would be the survival of the smartest and fittest out there in the colonies and, by jove, we were right! Congratulations on your achievement! LOL! All tongue in cheek of course!!

Flag.jpg

Spyder Garage

Default Hahaha.....

Quote Originally Posted by OJ UK View Post
    See, we (The English) had a reason for sending your great x4 grandfather out there! The collective gene pool wasn't really too deep and we realised that
    it would be the survival of the smartest and fittest out there in the colonies and, by jove, we were right! Congratulations on your achievement! LOL! All tongue in cheek of course!!
    .....you are correct, OJ.....you did indeed send my great great great etc grandfather out here...and as a bloody convict, too. How did you know that?

.....and absolutely no offence taken......very funny post

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Default Horn Placement.

Quote Originally Posted by Copperman View Post
    Where did you end up putting it?
    The Spyderpops bracket mounts to a bolt holding a cabling bracket, on what would effectively be a firewall in a car. It fits above the left hand shock, Copperman. Here's a picture of the bracket/horn before I bent the bracket upwards.
    Pete

Sorry....no pic....you can't drop an existing picture using an iPad...I'll try another method.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...l-Install-help
    Last edited by Peteoz; 08-20-2016 at 09:17 PM.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.