Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default F3 Limited vs RT Limited Belt

Question, can someone please tell me if the F3L and the RT Limited have the same belt length. I was told by bakerbuilt that their RT Limited belt stabilizer for my F3L is the same as the RT Limited. I had previously a RT and I dont recalled having a big belt like my F3L. I dont want to install the wrong belt stabilizer and damage my belt. I guess the new F3s and F3L are not the same belt length. Anyone with an F3 Limited installed a belt stabilizer.?
    2016 Spyder F3 Limited, black, Special Edition, SE6, belt tensioner, Bajaron swaybar, AKARAPOVIC, F4 windshield with vent. Previous 2015 RTS in black and 2011 RT Limited, SE5 with Bajaron Swaybar and Bumpskid

Spyder Garage

Surely it's not the belt length that's the issue here?? I thought it was that the F3S stabiliser simply wouldn't fit on the F3L, but the RT-L Stabiliser would.... The belt length doesn't have anything to do with it.... does it??? But AFAIK all the US/Can spec F3 belts are the same length.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Surely it's not the belt length that's the issue here?? I thought it was that the F3S stabiliser simply wouldn't fit on the F3L, but the RT-L Stabiliser would.... The belt length doesn't have anything to do with it.... does it??? But AFAIK all the US/Can spec F3 belts are the same length.
    thank you for the info.
    2016 Spyder F3 Limited, black, Special Edition, SE6, belt tensioner, Bajaron swaybar, AKARAPOVIC, F4 windshield with vent. Previous 2015 RTS in black and 2011 RT Limited, SE5 with Bajaron Swaybar and Bumpskid

Spyder Garage

All the F3 belts are the same, except for the new entry level F3 coming out.
    All the RT belts are the same

The RT belt and The F3 belt are not the same size. (Not sure about the new entry level F3)
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Well....

They are different lengths but that has nothing to do with the tensioners. The tensioners will not damage the belt and the only issue is the installation. You have to have the one that is for the model you have or you will not be able to install it correctly....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Prior to selling my '14 RT Limited I called Jim at SmoothSpyder and asked him if my belt tensioner would fit on the new '16 F3 Limited I was going to be buying. He said he thought it would because they both had the same swing arm.

He did say that because the F3 Limited was so new he hadn't had the chance to test it for sure. I decided not to chance it and thought I'd wait till he did his R & D and buy a new one, if needed.

I know the OP was talking about the Baker Built tensioner, but I thought I'd offer the information I had on the SmoothSpyder.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

The belt tensioner from Smoothspyder for the F3T is different from the one for the F3S. Contact Jim at Smoothspyder for more information.

Spyder Garage

The tensioner on the bottom of the belt did not have the same effect on my F3S as it did on the top, maybe a 60% improvement.
    I expected better results from the bottom tensioner and was surprised that it worked much better on the top even with less tension.
    There is vibration coming from top and bottom, but the top being stretched tight is transmitting the majority of what is felt on the F3.
    The bottom may be felt a little under deceleration at times, but is negligeable for the most part.
    The RT bottom tensioner will fit with the RT swingarm on the T/LTD., but knowing how much better it works up top I didn't have much
    confidence it would do any better than the bottom one on the F3S.