Trust you gut folks, sometimes you get a feeling that something is not quite right. Take a second to check it out. Jumping around on either RT or F3s or F3t left me questioning if I could feel something or it was imagination. Yesterday the splines on the front sprocket had finally worn enough that it spun on the shaft. Less than 9,000 miles. Not happy but the timing could have been worse, much worse. Had I been trying to pass on a two lane road or make a left turn across traffic when it failed I would have been left hanging. It is something worth keeping an eye on. Take a small flashlight and peek behind the cover that is in front of the rear sprocket. There is a small pan underneath that filing will collect on. Additionally since the shavings have become "charged" they stick to other metal parts and will even stand up in the tray. A one minute check could give you an idea if you have a problem or need a closer examination. The failure also explained why my belt kept creeping and needing adjustment.
Now the waiting game. No dealer appointments until a week from tomorrow and they won't order parts until they see it and verify with BRP that it is warranty. Wonder if this is a part or build issue. This was the first F3s delivered in FL. I only have 9k on it and I know others have more. Curious.

CJ JAX20160818_111807.jpg20160818_110235.jpg20160818_111725.jpg