Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 007james View Post
    My 2016 RT Limited Sprocket failed at 21,500 miles. Just got it back from the Shop a week ago. It was there 2 months before the Dealer repaired it under Waurentee. I lost most of my Summer on the Spyder, but I bought a Harley Heritage to ride diring the uncertain down time. Always wanted a Harley, so the Spyder failure motivated me to buy one. Owning my 2nd Spyder RT has taught me to always keep a spare ride in the garage!
    That is just sad ,two months of down time . Some heads need to roll ,ether at the dealer or BRP .
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stmike 1800 View Post
    That is just sad ,two months of down time . Some heads need to roll ,ether at the dealer or BRP .
    Yes, it was sad, but the Dealer was already 6 weeks out in service Bookings when I dropped it off because the whining and grinding noise was so bad, I thought I had problems in either the Clutch or Tranny. The Dealer first thought they would have to remove the engine, but eventually found the Sproket failure. At the very last few days before I got the Spyder back, I did email BRP, and complained. They reviewed my Case, and awarded me 4 extra months on my Factory Waurentee for my 2 months down time and stress. So, all in all, the Moral of the story is, as most Spyder Owners outside of Canada know, we must have the Patience of Job to Buy, Own, and retain a Spyder, and even upgrade to a new one as I did. The facts are, Spyders are high maintence Technical Vehcles, and the Dealer Networks are scarce, and BRP Factory Certified Techs are even scarcer! But let’s face it,...we need them more than they need us, or the few of us that complain, at least. I just had my Spyder Dealer put new tires and brake pads on my Harley! So, looks like they still own my business,...and like it! HaHa
    2016 RT Limited , Black & Lava Bronze