Spyder Garage

Default If you ride the I95/495 express lanes with an E-ZPASS mounted on your Spyder read

I recently looked at my E-ZPASS statement for VA. I noticed that I have been charged for riding my Spyder on the express lanes. I normally keep my E-ZPASS mounted in my frunk. The customer service person I spoke to said that I did not need one for my motorcycle and that I should remove it. I explained that other roads in the area require a toll, so I also have it mounted as I don't know when I will need it. I went back through all my statements, and it has been billed since the express lanes opened in January 2015. Just keep an eye on your statements as they only have records back 3 months. I got all the months from E-ZPASS to compare.

Spyder Garage

I have an EZ Pass permanently mounted on my motorcycle. I never get charged for the hot lanes. It records the trips, but charges $0.00. The key is to be sure you have the EZPass registered ONLY to a motorcycle. That is how mine is.

I also plastidipped it black to blend in so people will be less likely to steal it.

Jim

2013 ST-S (wife's)
    2015 BMW R1200GS (mine)
    1981 Yamaha XS400 Scrambler Custom (mine)

Spyder Garage

Thank you for posting this!
    13 ST Limited F/R suspension, Corbin, GIVI top case

16 Vespa Primavera 150: Stock
    16 Piaggio BV350: Suspension, braking mods in work
    14 HD XL1200T: F/R suspension and brake mods; Corbin saddle and bags
    09 Aprilia SC250: F/R suspension and minor brake mods
    97 Honda PC800: F/R wheels, F/R suspension, and F/R brake Mods; Corbin saddle
    90 CB-1: In work, long term project
    89 Honda NT650: F/R suspension; Corbin saddle

Spyder Garage

It is registered and assigned to my RT only. VDOT contacted the Express Lanes and I got the refund. The Express Lanes indicated that the weight and size of the Spyder indicated a car to the monitoring devices. They have since recalibrated the sensors to hopefully avoid any charges in the future. I have not received any toll charges since.

Spyder Garage

Default Good to know...

Thanks for the heads up... must be a lot of you over there. We have two (2) toll roads in these parts and they are useless. I just use the alternate routes and get there just as fast and easy...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black