Spyder Garage

Question Arm rest install help please...

We have a 2014 RT and I got some arm rests that bolt intothe sides of the speakers with rubber expansion plugs. I want to install themwith nuts inside of the speakers instead.

What I need to know is how do I getthe speakers open/apart to do this?

Please any help with pictures, anything?
    Thanks,
    Chris

The Wife's 2014 RTS SE6
    New tires: Back, KUMHO ECSTA 225/50 R15 (24psi) @ 9,380 miles, Fronts, KUMHO SOLUS KH16 175/55 R15 (20 psi) @ 9,421 miles

Very Active Member OverHillAndDale's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Please send a picture of the mounting location - are you sure it's ON the speaker grill? Ultimate and someone else (don't remember who) sells short armrests that mount on the blank black panel somewhere near the speakers, and the procedure is to drill 3 holes (I think around 1/2") that the rubber expansion bolts go in.

http://ultimateseats.ca/image/cache/...ts-400x300.jpg
    2020- RT Limited
    Chalk White, Can-Am rear passenger armrests, Comfort Seat, Grip puppies, RAM Cup Holders, Providence RAM Mount
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Aluma MCTXL trailer
    BRP hitch
    Big Bike Parts wiring harness
    Permanent Smile!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Chris,
    You might want to PM Mike (BLUEKNIGHT911). He has had his speaker boxes apart, and should be able to guide you through the process...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage
    Last edited by stevedfive; 08-16-2016 at 09:12 AM.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OverHillAndDale View Post
    Please send a picture of the mounting location - are you sure it's ON the speaker grill? Ultimate and someone else (don't remember who) sells short armrests that mount on the blank black panel somewhere near the speakers, and the procedure is to drill 3 holes (I think around 1/2") that the rubber expansion bolts go in.

http://ultimateseats.ca/image/cache/...ts-400x300.jpg
    These are the ones we have, but I don't want to use the rubber mounting system, I would like to use nuts and bolts. I did this same thing on my Goldwing with the same type arm rests. I just need to get inside to place/glue the nuts.....

The Wife's 2014 RTS SE6
    New tires: Back, KUMHO ECSTA 225/50 R15 (24psi) @ 9,380 miles, Fronts, KUMHO SOLUS KH16 175/55 R15 (20 psi) @ 9,421 miles

Very Active Member OverHillAndDale's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I haven't dug into that part of the byke yet, but here's an exploded diagram.

http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/oempa...1b802/luggages

Good luck!
    2020- RT Limited
    Chalk White, Can-Am rear passenger armrests, Comfort Seat, Grip puppies, RAM Cup Holders, Providence RAM Mount
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Aluma MCTXL trailer
    BRP hitch
    Big Bike Parts wiring harness
    Permanent Smile!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Chris,
    You might want to reconsider, and use those "rubberized nuts".
    I'd hate to see you crack a speaker housing, if one of the armrests gets "leaned-on"; a bit too heavy...
    (They do provide some "give" to the mounting setup!)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

My video here shows you how to take apart the rear speaker boxes.
    While this is for a speaker upgrade the procedure is the same to install the Corbin arm rests which I have also done.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black