Spyder Garage

Default Wiredux running lights

I own a 2012 RSS and want to install the wiredux running lights for more visibility. My ? is about the wiring. Is it an easy project to install??? Thanks for any input. Greg

Spyder Garage

Very simple install. Under the top A-Arm is a 2 pin connector, like the one pictured below, going to the fender tip lights. The Wiredux Running Lights come with a Y-Adapter that plugs directly in line with this connector...

index.jpg

You simply clean the A-Arm (I used alcohol prep pads from CVS): Use the adhesive promoter across the A-Arms (go all the way across it... the LED strip is longer than it looks); Let the promoter dry for 5-10 minutes (whatever the packaging says); Peal back about an inch of the tape from the LED light strip, and start applying the LED strip a few inches at a time, using a cloth to press it down smooth and peeling back more of the tape as you go; Once the light is stuck in place, plug in the connector and use the included zip ties to tidy up the cables under the upper a-arm.

Cy
    Cy
    1. Why do they call you Cy? It's short for Sexy Cyclops
    2. What happened to your eye? Space Monkeys happened.
    3. What do you ride? Black 2015 Cam Am Spyder RS

Spyder Garage

Default Ez install

Thanks for info... I ordered running lights & the install was very easy. A great product!!! Thank you for your response CY.

Spyder Garage

Default No joy

I've tried to install two different sets of these, but they will just not light up. I'm thinking it must be me. I install the OEM power bridge, plug in the light, turn the key and the fender tip light works, but not one photon emitted by the Wiredux Daytime Running Lights. Is there a secret on/off switch? @wiredux @lamonster

I shot a video of my attempt to install, and will see if I can upload thaf some place and link to it here.
    Last edited by RiverCity45; 02-10-2017 at 02:19 AM.
    ¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
    2012 Spyder RS

Spyder Garage

LED's will only work if the current is 'running the right way'..... so maybe just try swapping the power & earth leads over, they should work then!

Spyder Garage

I wondered about that, but the connector installed on the product connects to the power bridge only one way, as far as I can tell. I suppose the manufacturer could have put the connector on the wrong way, but I'm skeptical about that.

Sent telepathically via Tapatalk
    ¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
    2012 Spyder RS

Spyder Garage

You could test to confirm the lights do actually work by linking them directly to your battery terminals; red to red, black to black - if they don't work with the two wires connected the first way, swap em over & see if they work the other way... They should work one way or if not then the other!! And if they don't work either way, you then know the LED's themselves are somehow dud!

Good Luck

Spyder Garage

Peter, I was skeptical, but decided to give your suggestion a try. Sure enough, they lit when I tested at the battery. All I had to do then was to push the wires out of the connector on the light strip, flip them, and reinsert. I just find it odd that they were manufactured incorrectly. But, I now have these lights working ! 👌👍👏

Sent telepathically via Tapatalk
    ¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
    2012 Spyder RS

Spyder Garage

Glad it worked for you!