Spyder Garage

Default Solo ride to Custer Sd -

Hi Folks! So I'm planning a solo trip from Lyons Colorado to Custer SD weekend after next (to ensure I miss the Sturgis crowd, no offence), Thursday through Sunday. 2 nights camping, 1 hotel. What are your thoughts on what not to miss, campgrounds, hotels??? I'm about 7 hours from Custer, so 2 days will be in transit, 2 days there.

Thanks in advance!!!

Sue

Oh - riding my relatively new F3 Limited (5500 miles since May 13th) , GPS, BPR backrests, Wolfman dry bags... great tunes on the iPod...

Spyder Garage

Default South dakota

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderSue View Post
    Hi Folks! So I'm planning a solo trip from Lyons Colorado to Custer SD weekend after next (to ensure I miss the Sturgis crowd, no offence), Thursday through Sunday. 2 nights camping, 1 hotel. What are your thoughts on what not to miss, campgrounds, hotels??? I'm about 7 hours from Custer, so 2 days will be in transit, 2 days there.

Thanks in advance!!!

Sue

Oh - riding my relatively new F3 Limited (5500 miles since May 13th) , GPS, BPR backrests, Wolfman dry bags... great tunes on the iPod...
    Hi,
    Highly recommend City park in Spearfish, especially if solo. Walk to breakfast in the morning . Close to Spearfish canyon ride.
    Pete

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 3-togo View Post
    Hi,
    Highly recommend City park in Spearfish, especially if solo. Walk to breakfast in the morning . Close to Spearfish canyon ride.
    Pete
    Thanks Pete!

Spyder Garage

1 The loop road in Custer State Park
    2 The Woodcarving Museum in Custer
    3 Spearfish Canion Rd
    4 Mt Rushmore
    Enjoy
    Roger
    2014 ST-L

Spyder Garage

Iron Mountain Road, Needles Highway (not really a highway), Vanocker Canyon by Sturgis ,Nemo Road. ... so many to choose from... All great rides.

Hill City is nice. The Alpine Inn is great if you like Filets. Not open on Sun though... lots of places to eat and places to see.
    2017 Can Am Commander Limited
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V Black Diamond
    2020 F3 Limited Magma Red (miss the 2011 Viper red)
    2010 RT622 - Black

Spyder Garage

Your making the good loops so make sure to go to Mt. Rushmore one evening and take in the night lighting presentation that runs through Labor Day. It's well worth the night ride back to whereever your staying. IMHO

Spyder Garage

Definitely needles. It was 10 bucks to go thru but has great wildlife buffalo ect. Great riding roads.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Black Hills Burger and Buns on the main drag in Custer. You won't find a better burger. BTW, the pie is EXCELLENT, too!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderSue View Post

Thanks in advance!!!

Sue

You must ride Iron Mountain Road and Needles Highway when in that area. they are both awesome rides. we have been on both the past 3 summers and enjoy every minute of the rides. safe riding to ya.
    BIG F

Spyder Garage

Default Thank-you!

Thank-you all for your input. My map looks like I created it using darts SO looking forward to a solo rydeabout.