Thread: F3 RPMs

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default F3 RPMs

I am coming out from a 2015 RTS and I shifted in 6 gears at ~60 mpg (3500 RPMs). Why the F3 that does have the same engine like the RTS I hit 3000 RPMs at ~ 52 mphs. Please explain that to me please. I like to shift between 3000-3500 RPMs. To the owners of F3 at what RPM you normally shift. Thanks.
    2016 Spyder F3 Limited, black, Special Edition, SE6, belt tensioner, Bajaron swaybar, AKARAPOVIC, F4 windshield with vent. Previous 2015 RTS in black and 2011 RT Limited, SE5 with Bajaron Swaybar and Bumpskid

Spyder Garage

Not sure but I thing they have different ECM settings.

Spyder Garage

Prior to my wife selling her RT-S and buying an F3 Limited we learned that at highway speeds (70 mph) my F3 Limited was about 400 rpm higher than her 2014 RT-S. Same motor but I think different sprockets.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Take a look

The rear sprocket on the F3 is almost the same diameter as the rear wheel. That same sprocket on the RT is much smaller!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

The smoothest shifts for me are at 4000, when I am in a good mood I shift sometimes at 6k or above, still pretty smooth. After putting acrapovich exhaust it seems to shift even better.

Spyder Garage

Depends on my mood and how close to a residential area I am, but for easy driving around 5000-6000, when I am having fun 7000-7500ish. Don't worry drive it how you like, these engines like to spin.

Btw when the wife is with me it might be as low as 3500 lol.

Spyder Garage

Around 4500... It's more of a feeling thang for me...
    Live, Love, and Ride! God Bless!

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Would agree

4500 RPM is pretty accurate unless I am driving some one else's!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Okay I heard that my normal minimum of 3k RPM is not what I should shift in my new F3. I guess I need to start listening and feeling the sweet spot between 3500-4000 RPMs and higher. Thanks
    2016 Spyder F3 Limited, black, Special Edition, SE6, belt tensioner, Bajaron swaybar, AKARAPOVIC, F4 windshield with vent. Previous 2015 RTS in black and 2011 RT Limited, SE5 with Bajaron Swaybar and Bumpskid

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wengerda View Post
    Okay I heard that my normal minimum of 3k RPM is not what I should shift in my new F3. I guess I need to start listening and feeling the sweet spot between 3500-4000 RPMs and higher. Thanks
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with shifting the 1330 at 3000 rpm. Around town and when cruising leisurely I always shift "around" 3000. If you feel "the need for speed" (quoting Goose and Maverick from Top Gun) then sure rev it as high as you want. JMO
    Rick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wengerda View Post
    If you want an onboard tutorial on where to shift the F3 then switch to ecomode and watch the arrow.
    Ecomode shifts way short of what is "performance" driving but it will give you some kind of idea.

The Power of Logic.
    Start Thinking.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    The rear sprocket on the F3 is almost the same diameter as the rear wheel. That same sprocket on the RT is much smaller!
    It's geared about 12% lower than your RT was...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black