Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wanderingman View Post
    Thanks a lot for the reply. That is very helpful. I was thinking of the USB in the middle switch position also, but when I popped the cover saw it was an odd shaped hole. Of course a dremel can fix that, but I was thinking that since I want to be able to connect it to my phone mounted right above it, the USB wire might rub constantly on the glove box door and damage the paint. In the gage position I could run the wire through the phone mount and keep it off of the paint.
    I was out ryding all day and used a Coiled usb cord no issues with it dangling and rubbing on the paint. It is long/short to go over the xgrip and then plug into my note 5. Never unplugged during turns. hope this helps.

Spyder Garage

Nice job. I am going to install a Datel on my wife's bike, but I do like that gauge!
    Jim

2013 ST-S (wife's)
    2015 BMW R1200GS (mine)
    1981 Yamaha XS400 Scrambler Custom (mine)

Spyder Garage

Talking Thanks for the assist. Wiring info to come.

Thanks to all who have provided input in this thread and thanks to JW and his "MotoVLog. It was of great assistance in putting in my new JDM Digital Volt Gauge. I have a 2016 RT Limited and the wiring is a little different than I have seen anywhere listed and had to get out my volt meter and due some testing. As I recall the Ground was Violet/Black and the Pos. was Orange/? (I think violet). I am waiting on my USB charger from JT's. When I install it, I will confirm the color scheme, report back and report the color scheme for the fuel gauge (USB Charger) install.

Again, thanks to everyone for this thread!

Dennis Clark
    Indianapolis IN

OK...Got my Dual USB installed today where the fuel gauge took up space.

Color Schema for wiring on the 2016 RT

Pos (+) Yellow/Orange
    Neg (-) Black/Violet

If anyone is looking for a USB charger you can pick it up just about anywhere, the adapter to fill the space (of course is the problem) there is a fix. Go to JT Machine Shop on the Home Page. He has what you need.

Dennis
    Last edited by WyattC; 08-27-2017 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Update Wiring Schema

Spyder Garage

So, if the clock get unpowered for a while, let's say when you are changing the battery for example, you need to remove the dash in order to reach the set button to set it again?
    ther are no wiring to install a remote set button?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Clock came this morning, 3 day delivery, not bad.
    Clock has 4 wires
    Black - Ground
    Red - Switched Positive
    Yellow - Continuous Positive
    Orange - Dimmer

Clock will not work unless yellow is connected and to set clock, set button is on the back. Instructions say it is 12/24 hours however have not found the 24 hour setting (yet)

I connected the ground to existing ground from old Gauge and connected the red and orange to existing connection for old gauge light. Since I needed continuous power for the clock I ran a yellow from the Battery and connected the Volt Meter to the same wire as the clock.

Sort video of the clock cycle.