Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HONDA's ENTRY

Spyder Garage

Default HONDA's ENTRY

(903) 842-3094 • www.motortrike.com • info@motortrike.com
    Motor Trike Announces Trike for Honda CTX700 Motorcycle Models

2016-08-08: For Immediate Release

(TROUP, Texas) Motor Trike, Inc. announces the release of its second reverse trike conversion kit. The "Hornet RT," as named by Motor Trike, converts the Honda CTX700 motorcycle into an unprecedented, automatic trike, adaptable for new bike-to-trike riders.
    With the cost-sensitive MSRP of the CTX700 motorcycle, the Hornet RT trike conversion offers an accessible cruising option at an affordable value. The Hornet RT trike kit offers a high-performance Independent Front Suspension—or IFS—design that is set up for optimal ride quality, and one-to-one steering for great driving response, handling, and turning radius. The kit’s ABS-integrated disc brakes provide great stopping power and ultimate control for the rider. Meanwhile, the Hornet RT’s low and wide body lines create a sporty and aggressive look, making the trike conversion a stylistic departure from traditional trike bodies.
    Motor Trike's IFS system equips riders with a new experience free of hesitation in comparison to other offerings in the reverse trike market. The Hornet RT also offers riders the convenience of over 8.5 cubic feet of total storage space with a 12-volt power source in-trunk to maximize their travel experience. The trunk door design utilizes hidden external hinges that do not occupy the interior storage space, therefore eliminating helmet scratches or other cargo damage, and features a door-mounted light that makes accessing trunk items more convenient. The Hornet RT offers a host of standard features and available options that riders can customize for a Motor Trike truly fitted for them.
    Motor Trike is currently taking orders for the Hornet RT at $7,995.00 per conversion kit. All trike kits include Motor Trike’s three-year/60,000-mile warranty.
    The Hornet RT is available through Authorized Motor Trike Dealers. Customers may locate their nearest dealers to order:www.motortrike.com/TrikeDealerLocator.aspx.
    The Hornet RT trike will also be on display at the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally (Aug. 8 - 14).
    PRODUCT INFORMATION

www.motortrike.com/TrikeHondaCTXHornetRT.aspx
    HORNET RT STANDARD FEATURES

• Fits All 2013 - Current Honda CTX700 Models
    • Automatic Transmission
    • IFS (Independent Front Suspension) with over 4" Suspension Travel
    • Silver 17" Aluminum Wheels
    • Disk Brakes
    • Over 8.5 ft3 Total Storage
    • 12-Volt Power Source in Trunk to Charge Devices in Weather-Protected Environment
    • Trunk Door Designed with Hidden External Hinges
    • Trunk Door-Mounted Light to Conveniently Shine onto Cargo
    • Motor Trike 3-Year/60,000 Mile Factory Warranty

HORNET RT AVAILABLE OPTIONS

• 17" Aluminum Wheels in Black or Chrome
    • Fog Light Pods that Provide Seamless Body Line with Trike Body
    • Fog Light Kit with Wiring Harness
    • ABS Integration Kit
    • Trunk Carpet
    • Custom/Multi-tone Paint
    • Custom Front Grill
    • Chrome Front Bumper

HORNET RT SPECIFICATIONS

• 62.5" Overall Width
    • 60.2" Wheelbase Length
    • 98.5" Overall Length
    • 790 lbs Total Weight
    • 8.53 Cubic Foot Storage Total
    • 14.5" x 10.7" Trunk Door Opening
    • Unequal Length Upper and Lower Control Arm Suspension
    • Polyester Resin Fiberglass Body
    • 1:1 Steering System

HORNET RT PHOTOS

Media requests for high-resolution photos may be sent to contact below.
    ABOUT MOTOR TRIKE
    Motor Trike, Inc. has been manufacturing conversions that transform two-wheeled motorcycles into three-wheeled trikes for over 21 years. Located in Troup, Texas, Motor Trike is the nation’s leading trike conversion manufacturer. They specialize in converting Honda, Harley Davidson, Victory, Kawasaki, Triumph, Yamaha, Suzuki, and Indian motorcycles into trikes that you would be proud to ride. Motor Trike products are developed in-house by an exceptional team of engineers with vast knowledge and experience in suspension and chassis design. With a network of over 250 dealers, It’s easy to enjoy a tradition of quality and a lifetime of fun. Visitwww.motortrike.com.

CONTACT
    Media Relations
    22667 FM 15 Box 611
    Troup, TX 75789

Spyder Garage

I like this idea. I think they need to integrate the nose design better into the lines of the rest of the bike. Motor Trike took the easy way out on that.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Interesting. ...

Seem to have seen this one or one very close to it around. Front looks massive but may be because the rear tire is still a mototcye tire. These still look like a motorcycle pushing a cart. Does have the F3 front frunk look. Wondering about the automatic part....
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

It looks like the Honda mated with a college dorm refrigerator.

Spyder Garage

Sorry but this is NOT Honda's entry.

Its yet another in a long line of aftermarket conversions with no VSS with 3 wheel integrated ABS system. IE its not a fully engineered product nor does it come with a Honda warranty.

Interesting concept but there is still no factory built reverse trike on the market to compete with the Spyders.

There really needs to be.
    Last edited by jcthorne; 08-09-2016 at 11:01 AM.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

It was my understanding from the Class Action Lawsuit of the Honda 3 wheel ATV in the late 70's and early 80's, that as part of that settlement Honda could not make another 3 wheel trike, road or off-road and sell it in the US.

The Honda trikes are Champion Side Car and Trike Kits or Hannigan Trike kits. I'm not sure how it works, but the GL Goldwing will get the kit and then a dealer can somehow sell them.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

don't like the front end, but it would be shaft drive, and i like that part

Spyder Garage

I've always liked Honda but this is not for me. I'll stick with my 2011 RT Ltd.
    The front end looks way too big for the rest of the ride.
    SilverFox
    If you don't change anything,,,
    nothing is going to change!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The more of this the better...Its only a matter of time before one or more of the BIG manufactures step up with a factory unit...Competition is a good thing...larryd

Spyder Garage

Default Not far.....

Not far off from this!
    GoodHumor.jpg

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KJWEB View Post
    It was my understanding from the Class Action Lawsuit of the Honda 3 wheel ATV in the late 70's and early 80's, that as part of that settlement Honda could not make another 3 wheel trike, road or off-road and sell it in the US.

The Honda trikes are Champion Side Car and Trike Kits or Hannigan Trike kits. I'm not sure how it works, but the GL Goldwing will get the kit and then a dealer can somehow sell them.
    That dealt with off-road vehicles only...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    don't like the front end, but it would be shaft drive, and i like that part
    Info says chain drive and pics confirm that. I see no mention of a reverse gear. I find that to be a serious negative.

Spyder Garage

Hi SPYD3R

Re: Motor Trike Announces Trike for Honda

I like the idea; but then again, I like progress. Hey, it's the engineer in me.

I see that the diehard Spyder-types are picking away at it. C'est la vie.

My quick take is that Honda will be watching to see just how much this catches on.

IMO it could be a little nicer looking; who says it needs a car tire on the rear, only time will tell that.

I have always felt that if Honda ( or any of the other 'biggies' ) decided to build a r-trike, BRP would be in big trouble.

Just my thoughts, they are worth what you paid for them,

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Spyder Garage

Sorry, but the front end looks like an after thought. Looks like they just stuck on a luggage bag to the front end and added 2 wheels. I'll stick with my 2015 RTS

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post

Its yet another in a long line of aftermarket conversions with no VSS with 3 wheel integrated ABS system. IE its not a fully engineered product nor does it come with a Honda warranty.

Interesting concept but there is still no factory built reverse trike on the market to compete with the Spyders.

Not a Honda product at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Rocket View Post
    Sorry, but the front end looks like an after thought. Looks like they just stuck on a luggage bag to the front end and added 2 wheels. I'll stick with my 2015 RTS
    Hate the front end.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Motor Trike builds some really nice conversions.
    But that's all that they are: Aftermarket conversions that probably void all OEM warranties...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I wonder if it will need a new swaybar, rear and front shocks.
    John F.
    Tallahassee, FL

2015 Spyder F3 SE6, black
    BRP Driver/passenger Footboards
    BRP Adjustable Passenger Backrest
    Blue Ridge Windshield
    MRA X-Creen Tour, clear, clamp-on
    H4 LED Headlights
    F3 LED Fog Light Kit, LED Amber Halo Ring Kit, LED Tail Lights, F3 Rear run/brake/turn LEDs
    Easy Brackets
    Leatherworks, Inc. 120 Special Slight Angle Saddlebags
    Custom Dynamics Front Mud Flap LED lights, Street Magic Front Fender Tips, Double Feature Lens
    2-up rear shock
    Idler pulley kit

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Yep

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post

White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

I saw them at americade this year and they are even uglier in person, it is very easy to see its just an aftermarket bolt on kit

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default For Chupaca...

The automatic tranny question; being a Honda, I'm sure it is their DCT(Dual Clutch Transmission) which operates in full automatic mode or manual, there is also a Sport mode that holds shift points a little higher than regular automatic mode. Honda is offering the DCT in several models in the motorcycle line and even their ATV line.
    OK, that's all I got on that.

Spyder Garage

That bike, with the DCT, is not bad. Not sure how it is going to push that big front end around though. And yes, it does have a chain, no shaft. I had one for about a year and enjoyed riding it around locally. If they would just put that DCT in the Goldwing now.......

Spyder Garage

Front delivery Ice Cream Cart?
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

This month's issue of Rider shows a full page ad. It is a Motor Trike offering and not a release by Honda.

The coffin front is butt ugly--IMO of course.

If Honda eventually does come up with some real competition to the , it will have to look a lot better than that for me to even consider a test drive.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Tried one and has a lot of pluses. Definite contender if and when I decide to trade.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

it's different, Ugly as all get out. But everyone thought that of spyders were ugly when they came out. Honda has a bad rep of taking things away from other companies. Any one remember when Vetter made all the fairings and trunks and saddle bags for goldwings years ago.