Spyder Garage

Default Kitchen Pass, Need Fellow Riders on August 20th

My fellow MN Spyder riders, my better half has a friend visiting on Saturday August 18th so I have the day available to ride somewhere. I live on Lake Minnetonka (think western Minneapolis) so I'm open to anything that gets me back by 6:00 PM that same day. Anyone want to go riding? Your pick of destinations.

mk

Spyder Garage

Default Ryding

Quote Originally Posted by MKrone View Post
    My fellow MN Spyder riders, my better half has a friend visiting on Saturday August 18th so I have the day available to ride somewhere. I live on Lake Minnetonka (think western Minneapolis) so I'm open to anything that gets me back by 6:00 PM that same day. Anyone want to go riding? Your pick of destinations.

mk
    I'd be happy to join you. I have a number of routes in mind.

What's your pleasure?

* Touring mode? - with feet up on pegs, cruise control on, and tunes blaring?
    * Challenging twisties?
    I found my new (local) favorite road in Wisconsin last weekend. County Rd's J and SS north out of Stockholm, WI towards Durand, WI. I need to go back and do it again. I suggest the war memorial park in Arcadia as a destination. And then the Welch Village road on the return.
    * Scenic ryde?
    -The Minnesota River valley road to Mankato is nice. Then over to New Ulm or further depending on time. Following close along the river the entire time.
    -Hwy 16 between Preston, MN and Hokah, MN is curvy and scenic. But it takes over 2 hrs just to get there depending on the route.
    -St. Croix/Mississippi River run from Lakeland Shores, MN to Winona, MN. Down one side and then back is pretty common. It's pretty popular with the 2-wheelers on the weekends.
    -You can't go wrong with just about any road in Northern Minnesota. The loop around Mille Lacs is always a winner.

Do you have mileage limitations? How early would you like to start? There's an interesting little diner in northern Wisconsin (Delta Diner) that I like, but it takes 4 hrs just to get there.
    This passes by the Jack Links headquarters and outlet store if you like Beef Jerky and don't want to go that far (only 3 hrs one way, ).

I'm sure others may have better options if they were to chime in.

-Chuck
    Eagan, MN

Out with the old - Blue 2013 Spyder RTS SE5
    In with the new - Black/Silver 2015 RTS SE6
    Special Series
    Blue 2012 RT622 Trailer - now vinyl wrapped as Black/Silver

Spyder Garage

Mark,

Do you mean the 20th? The 18th is a Thursday.

Les
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Les

Yes, I do mean Saturday the 20th. My bad for the transposition of the dates. Looking to ride on Saturday.

Spyder Garage

Kathy and I will join. Chuck has some great rides listed

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Sounds great Les. I imagine we might have a few others by the time the 18th comes around. I'll leave it to you and Chuck to determine route as you guys have the experience and others might chime in as well. Looking forward to it.

mk

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=MKrone;1167312) by the time the 18th comes around.
    mk[/

:roflblack

but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Oh yeah, did he really just do that again... Ya know, some days it just doesn't help to get out of bed. Repeat after me, the 20th, the 20th.

Spyder Garage

HowdyDo !!!
    Would love to go but we already have plans for the 20th.
    Chuck, we still have to do that diner run !!! :-)

If plans change, I'm in !!!

Tommy J.
    F3L SE5 Black -- F4 windshield w/wings, Reggie LED headlights, driving lights & Cyclops LED, Ultimate seat, Fox shocks, BajaRon swaybar, Lamont highway centerline pegs & 3rd peg, Lamont belt tensioner, K&N air filter, Baker air wings & cup holder, CanAm hitch.
    2019 F3L , Black

Spyder Garage

Default Destination: Soldiers Walk Memorial Park, Arcadia, WI

Sounds great Les. I imagine we might have a few others by the time the 18th comes around. I'll leave it to you and Chuck to determine route as you guys have the experience and others might chime in as well. Looking forward to it.

mk
    Les and I were talking and decided that Soldiers Walk Memorial Park (http://www.soldierswalkmemorialpark.com/) in Arcadia, WI would be a good ryde. Although, not a direct route .
    Point Douglas Park, across the river from Prescott, WI is a good rally point.
    We could "do lunch" in Arcadia, spend some time stretching our legs at the memorial, and then make our way back.

I figure kickstands up () at 9 AM this Saturday the 20th. For Mark, again, that's Saturday the 20th .

Mark, this means about a 350 mile round trip from your location. Are you ok with that? We can make adjustments, if necessary.
    It should take about an hour for you to get to Point Douglas Park.
    We'll get you home in plenty of time ahead of your 6 PM deadline.

For all you other MSP metro area SpyderLovers looking to meet up with other metro area ryders, this is it. All are welcome to join us.
    Show up early with a full tank of gas and we can spend some time admiring each others Spyders for a while before we hit the road.

Special Series

Spyder Garage

Default Maybe...

Checking on a few things....if all works out, Teresa and I will be at Point Douglas Park to join you at 9am sharp. I will finalize by end of this week - thanks for the info....
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Cool

Chuck, you wound me.. . The ride sounds great, looks like a straight shot across MPLS on 494 to get to the park. Les, want to meet up on MN 7 around Excelsior and head over together? Let me know. Jim, glad you and Teresa can join us.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Ride

Hi, Jim Olson and I will meet you at the park. We are just in Burnsville not far at all. See y'all there, Nancy Wright
    Nancy Wright
    Burnsville Minnesota

2011 RTS Spyder Blue
    2009 C50 Suzuki with Lemans trike conversion

Spyder Garage

Chuck, you wound me.. . The ride sounds great, looks like a straight shot across MPLS on 494 to get to the park. Les, want to meet up on MN 7 around Excelsior and head over together? Let me know. Jim, glad you and Teresa can join us.
    Mark,

How about the Holiday Station at 19955 MN-7, Shorewood at 7:30?

Les

but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Yes, will join you.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jim&Teresa View Post
    Checking on a few things....if all works out, Teresa and I will be at Point Douglas Park to join you at 9am sharp. I will finalize by end of this week - thanks for the info....
    Yes, we plan on making it this Saturday, 8-20-16, 9am sharp at Point Douglas Park - see you then!
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Les, Sounds good and I'll see you there at the Holiday station at 7:30 AM CDT on Saturday the 20th of August in the year of the lord 2016 AD.. or 2016 CE for the scientists out there.. Oh wait, that's me?

Spyder Garage

All

It looks like we might be getting rain this weekend, your thoughts on the ride with regard to this?

mk

Spyder Garage

Default What's a little rain....

All

It looks like we might be getting rain this weekend, your thoughts on the ride with regard to this?

mk
    Nobody is under any obligation to ryde in the rain. If anyone is uncomfortable, or anticipate the ryde to be un-enjoyable, then they are free to make their own decisions.

Personally speaking, I have rain gear and don't mind the wet.
    I still plan on being at the park before 9 AM.
    If nobody shows up, that's fine. One less thing to watch through my rear view mirrors.

The rain will be a good test of the water repellant spray on my windshield and helmet.
    Also a good test of how my new (after market) rear tire handles the wet roads.

A little rain is not a problem.
    If it's a storm with lightning, thunder, hail, high winds - then good luck, I won't be there!

-Chuck

Special Series

Spyder Garage

I will be there.

Mark,

If you decide to skip this please let me know before 7:00am tomorrow so I am not waiting for you at the Holiday station.

Les

but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Default A little rain is Ok, a frog choker might be a little much

Chuck / Les

Just grabbed a pair of froggtoggs to go over my jeans so unless it's rain like Chuck mentioned or of biblical proportions and my neighbors are heading for the boats, I'll give it a shot. After all, I've got three wheels and a nanny to keep me upright. Les, if it's poring when I get up, I'll call you before 7:00 AM

Spyder Garage

Chuck / Les

Just grabbed a pair of froggtoggs to go over my jeans so unless it's rain like Chuck mentioned or of biblical proportions and my neighbors are heading for the boats, I'll give it a shot. After all, I've got three wheels and a nanny to keep me upright. Les, if it's poring when I get up, I'll call you before 7:00 AM
    Good plan!

but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue