Spyder Garage

Default Clutch fluid reservoir gasket

A month or so ago I didn't think my clutch was working correctly ( moving when starting with lever engaged ) and while having it in for other servicing I had ( supposedly ) the clutch fluid drained and replaced . Started on a ride yesterday and with the clutch engaged the bike would continue moving . Pulled the cover and lo and behold there was no fluid in the reservoir. On top of this the seal was all distorted . I added fluid and pumped the handle until there were no air bubbles coming out but pretty sure it will need rebled ....by a different dealer.The question I have is what is the inner diaphragm supposed to look like in good shape ? I've tried searching for what it's supposed to look like to no avail and it appears I'll have to buy a whole new assembly if mine is not fixable. If anyone can post a picture of the diaphragm itself or point me in the right direction to find a picture I would appreciate it . Adding the fluid did stop the moving with lever engaged and the shifting is now good again . And please to the naysayers .....I know all about the good and bad dealers and even though I paid to have it done , it won't be done again by this dealer ......Too many bad past experiences for a continuing problem .

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by exwinger View Post
    A month or so ago I didn't think my clutch was working correctly ( moving when starting with lever engaged ) and while having it in for other servicing I had ( supposedly ) the clutch fluid drained and replaced . Started on a ride yesterday and with the clutch engaged the bike would continue moving . Pulled the cover and lo and behold there was no fluid in the reservoir. On top of this the seal was all distorted . I added fluid and pumped the handle until there were no air bubbles coming out but pretty sure it will need rebled ....by a different dealer.The question I have is what is the inner diaphragm supposed to look like in good shape ? I've tried searching for what it's supposed to look like to no avail and it appears I'll have to buy a whole new assembly if mine is not fixable. If anyone can post a picture of the diaphragm itself or point me in the right direction to find a picture I would appreciate it . Adding the fluid did stop the moving with lever engaged and the shifting is now good again . And please to the naysayers .....I know all about the good and bad dealers and even though I paid to have it done , it won't be done again by this dealer ......Too many bad past experiences for a continuing problem .
    Not too sure what Spyder you have. This may help, if not let me know:

http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/oempa...iaphragm-cover

From another post:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...03#post1160803
    Last edited by CanAmMick; 08-08-2016 at 02:14 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Not the right part

I have the 2011rtsm . The part I'm asking about is the reservoir for adding fluid .....located on the handlebars.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by exwinger View Post
    I have the 2011rtsm . The part I'm asking about is the reservoir for adding fluid .....located on the handlebars.
    I can't find it, but when I get home I'll use my computer and search for it. Screen too small on my phone to see much of anything.