Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default Is there such a thing

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    No your not .... I also like my stock 2014 RT .........However I am thinking of adding Dave's Gel pads this winter .......Mike
    Oh Mike, you're such a woose But the suggestion to add heat while you're in there anyway sounds good for your Vermont falls and winters. Ride on my friend
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I have an Ultimate Tall Boy with backrest. And even it gets very uncomfortable after about 200 miles. I also have a bony butt. It also seem that the backrest pushes me too far forward. I'm hesitant about trying to add one of Dave's gel pads . . . a bit afraid I may screw up an expensive seat.
    Veni, vidi, discessit

Potius sero quam nunquam

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post
    I have an Ultimate Tall Boy with backrest. And even it gets very uncomfortable after about 200 miles. I also have a bony butt. It also seem that the backrest pushes me too far forward. I'm hesitant about trying to add one of Dave's gel pads . . . a bit afraid I may screw up an expensive seat.

YEAH , YEAH KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN

Spyder Garage

Hi jmbiii,

Re: I also have a bony butt.

That is my problem also. Now, if I could only move some of my 'extra' that is just behind my belly button to my keester, every seat would be much more comfortable. Any surgeons out there?

I am fortunate to live on the West Coast ( where Dave is located ) so it made it much easier to just have him do my seat rework.

Is it perfect? Nope, the old 'bony butt' problem is still there; but Dave's rework sure has helped.

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post
    I was the same way. When I took my seat off my Spyder and saw all those little staples underneath it, I knew I didn't have either the tools or the patience to do the job right. So I chickened out and took my seat and my gel pad to an auto upholstery guy. I told him exactly where I wanted the pad placed. Two hours later he called me and told me to come pick up my seat. He only charged me $80 or so. The job was perfect - you couldn't even tell that he had taken the seat apart. Well worth the money, IMO.
    Last edited by robmorg; 08-09-2016 at 08:07 PM.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I don't have the money to buy a new seat, so I got the Air Hawk seat pad. It took me a while to get the air set right, but now it's fantastic! Went on a 2100 mile ryde and was so comfortable except for the day it rained and I took it off. An added bonus is a mostly dry butt on hot rydes. I highly recommend it for an inexpensive solution to replacing the stock seat.