Spyder Garage

Default Gaskets, Gear Position Sensor & Stuff

I just got off the phone with our service manager from our dealership. I was checking to see if he got the exhaust gaskets in yet as that was what I have been waiting on to go up for my service. He told me he did get them but now is waiting on Gear Position Sensor's that he ordered. He read copies of all the posts I sent him and contacted BRP and they will be replacing this part under warranty it appears. (Thank You AtaDude!!) I also talked to him about my tire wear and I am going to ride up there Thursday morning for him to take a look at it and decide what he thinks the problem may be. I also talked to him about my replacement tires. He has the OEM tires front and rear in stock. Because I can't seem to find a same size front locally I may have to go with OEM replacements for those two tires. But I am contemplating changing the rear. The dealership cost for fronts is $74.99 per and the rear is $149.99. I can get a rear Falken Ziex ZE 512 for $88.00 or the Kumho Ecsta AST for $81.00. The Falken has a higher speed rating, but I don't think that is too big a deal since they are both at 130 mph or higher. The tread patterns are very similar. The biggest concern my service manager had with a different tire was weather or not it would affect any of the speed sensors or VSS or anything like that. He said he would mount a non OEM tire for me. I am thinking of giving it a try for the rear tire for now and staying stock for the front. Of course Falken makes a front tire too that is 10mm wider and my service manager says the width wouldn't or shouldn't affect anything, but they aren't any cheaper than the OEM fronts. I will keep everyone updated as to how it all goes. I have to get all this done soon. The weather is getting to nice to leave my spyder at a dealership for even a few days.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Mod Maniac
    Spyder Garage

Yea! Glad it helped.

Quote Originally Posted by dltang View Post
    I just got off the phone with our service manager from our dealership. I was checking to see if he got the exhaust gaskets in yet as that was what I have been waiting on to go up for my service. He told me he did get them but now is waiting on Gear Position Sensor's that he ordered. He read copies of all the posts I sent him and contacted BRP and they will be replacing this part under warranty it appears. (Thank You AtaDude!!)...