Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default Tiny change from 2015 and 2016

I think this is just one tiny thing that changed in between the 2015 and 2016 models. My 2015 RT-S requires the 'boot-up' before I can start the engine, unless as was previously mentioned, it was a quick stop for gas.

However, I also have two friends who own RT-Limiteds. The 2015 Spyder requires the short wait to start up - same as mine, BUT the 2016 Spyder will start up as soon as she turns the key. Even if it sat overnight. Now the F3 just came out in 2016, right? So all of those starting right away may have more to do with year and not model.

And for those who don't understand why we are fussing about a 45 second wait? You've obviously never gone for a group ride, been the last one on the bike and then realized you forgot to turn the key before getting on. 45 seconds is forever when your friends are laughing at you!
    GWRRA Virginia District Director. Because we don't care what you ride, just that you ride safe!

Tri Axis Handlebars / CB & upgraded antenna / GPS & Cell phone integration / Trailer Hitch / FOBO TP Monitors / Black & Pearl Ultimate seat
    Spyder Cuff / Custom Paint / Laser Alignment / Flag Poles / 3rd & 4th Rear Brake & Turn LED's / Gear Brake Decelerometer Module
    A whole bunch of lights from LaMonster and SpyderPops

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kitkat61 View Post
    And for those who don't understand why we are fussing about a 45 second wait? You've obviously never gone for a group ride, been the last one on the bike and then realized you forgot to turn the key before getting on. 45 seconds is forever when your friends are laughing at you!
    Knowing that your bike needs a bit of a head-start; why not simply make sure that you're ready first?
    It's not a tough thing to accomplish.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

​I find reading the card takes the time!
    2016 RT Ltd. , Pearl White

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default fhe safety card.

we can always use the safety card to stick pictures of our kids and grand kids on. Then just pull it out when your riding and see the little ones. Or maybe a warning sign that says keep off my spyder.or else. And let it hang there when you are away.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flaggerphil View Post
    A first world problem of the highest order. Adapt.
    Hay we think alike, we both have the same color spyder and the same year.Ain't it pretty

Spyder Garage

On my 2016 F3, it's "Mode", "Brake", "Start". I don't have to wait for the Can-Am logo to go away for "Mode" to work.

I thought the earlier ones just made you wait longer before "mode" worked. Is there a requirement to actually look at the safety card?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    This has been reported as an "incidental occurrence", on some bikes. (Even mine!)
    You might have a relay that's a bit loose. Check to make sure that everything is "tight & Right" with both fuseboxes!
    My friend has the same 15 RT-S His starts the same right away.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

The 14, 15, 16's all have a cam bus computer system. Whatever they update on the 16's should be able to be programed into the other years. My 14 Indian Chieftain has a cam bus also and was constantly updated on every service. There were a lot of updates in Indians first 2 years.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MercerLake View Post
    I had always set and waited! So after reading your post I went out and tried the magic method on my new 2015 ST, and it worked just fine "instant Start" and the SPYDER had been off and cold for hours, well past the five minute gas up time. Learn something new everyday, Thanks!!!!

I can't wait to get home and try this

Willie
    The Future is Not Today (Motorcycle Blog) http://nomadwillie.blogspot.com/ IBA 32847
    2015 RT-S
    2015 RT-S , White

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Seriously, I have to put my gloves on and by the time I am done with that, it's ready to go. Have to admit that I have never tried just pushing mode and go though, I will try it on the way home from work today.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default 45 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by kitkat61 View Post
    I think this is just one tiny thing that changed in between the 2015 and 2016 models. My 2015 RT-S requires the 'boot-up' before I can start the engine, unless as was previously mentioned, it was a quick stop for gas.

However, I also have two friends who own RT-Limiteds. The 2015 Spyder requires the short wait to start up - same as mine, BUT the 2016 Spyder will start up as soon as she turns the key. Even if it sat overnight. Now the F3 just came out in 2016, right? So all of those starting right away may have more to do with year and not model.

Wow you really got the slow on Earth! Maybe your bike is using Windows as an OS! I have counted this out many times and it is way closer to 15 seconds! Sounds like you need to "defrag" your bike! Oh, and don't be the last one on your bike!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Default Here is what works for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Habib View Post
    ......warning read safety card display go away? I think what I mean is why cant I just turn the key and start the engine?
    Turn key on, when you see Can-Am hit mode button...should then go to 0 screen....start....hope it works as well for you as it does for me.
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5