Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Washington ferries (boats)

Decided to visit my brother in Bremerton and that is either a 4 hour in traffic ride or a trip across the Sound on a ferry. At the toll both they measured the length of my F3S and determined it was a car. Withot the senior discount it would have been full price but I got on for $12.25 one way. At least I got on first and will get off first. Forget visiting Washington unless your willing to pay.0

Spyder Garage

No Joke.
    Went to Bellingham WA. last year visited friends.
    I like to say the best onions rings I ever had cost me a $100.00 bucks ferry trip meal an drinks oh and those onions rings Roche Harbor.
    Beautiful but sure made my wallet thin!
    Last edited by ABQSpyder; 07-29-2016 at 11:28 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Habib View Post
    Decided to visit my brother in Bremerton and that is either a 4 hour in traffic ride or a trip across the Sound on a ferry. At the toll both they measured the length of my F3S and determined it was a car. Withot the senior discount it would have been full price but I got on for $12.25 one way. At least I got on first and will get off first. Forget visiting Washington unless your willing to pay.0
    You aught to live in the northeast, They charge that much to drive a car through a highway toll booth

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I just finished a ferry ride up Canada's West Coast from Port Hardy to Prince Rupert. $425.00 plus an extra $120.00 for the cabin. The ordingary seating was available at no extra cost and looked like very comfortable lounge chair seating. But I thought you only live once ...

It was a 16 hour ferry ride in a 2 year old boat so everything was clean and just like brand new.

The food was like going to a gourmet buffet with smoked salmon, halibut, chicken and steak. And numerous kinds of salad and chocolate desserts ...

But I could have flown to Europe for less... LOL
    Last edited by blitzkreig; 07-29-2016 at 01:32 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't mean to sound... mean ,
    Life is about choices: If you chose to ride the Ferry; expect to pay for it.
    If it's too much money: ride off in another direction.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

It would be worth $12.50 to not have to sit in traffic for four hours.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good point!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Part of the voyage

Quote Originally Posted by blitzkreig View Post
    I just finished a ferry ride up Canada's West Coast from Port Hardy to Prince Rupert. $425.00 plus an extra $120.00 for the cabin. The ordingary seating was available at no extra cost and looked like very comfortable lounge chair seating. But I thought you only live once ...

It was a 16 hour ferry ride in a 2 year old boat so everything was clean and just like brand new.

The food was like going to a gourmet buffet with smoked salmon, halibut, chicken and steak. And numerous kinds of salad and chocolate desserts ...

But I could have flown to Europe for less... LOL
    Was the cost of the buffet included or did you have to pay extra?
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I've ridden the Bremerton (and Bainbridge) Ferry a number of times on two wheels. Calling the Spyder an automobile sound crazy. Did you point out your "motorcycle" license? Were you pulling a trailer? Any way, having First On and First Off, has real value to me. The Ferry lines are CRAZY, CRAZY and it's easy to miss one or two ferries because of the long lines. Why wait in line when you can....Ride in comfort?

Spyder Garage

I haven't used the ferries here yet, but since my registration clearly states motorcycle, I think I would push it up to the point of the police threatening to arrest me.

Of course, I wouldn't be doing that over $13, but a difference of $50 or more probably.

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Exditchdigger View Post
    You aught to live in the northeast, They charge that much to drive a car through a highway toll booth
    I do, all my life but Army time. On the trip mome the toll gal took pity on me and it was only $5.50. Go figure

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We went on the Bainbridge ferry with our Spyder. Paid the motorcycle price and got first on first off. That was two years ago maybe they changed the rates.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

of course it is. Its a big expensive ship and it costs what it cost. What hacked me of is her coming our wirh a measuring tape and telling me I had to pay for a car ten I got treated like a standard motorcycle. On/off first is nice but why do i pay double what the bikes parked next to me do? Just trying to point out what a greedy over taxed and regulated state this is.

Spyder Garage

Uncle Bob you have a heart of steel. I lived on Bainbridge Is. WA for 25 years and liked the Ferry. It then kept the masses off the Is. Not so much anymore. On occasion we took the 40' Diesel Pusher with a 20' stock trailer behind and if I recall that was about $120 one way.

​Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gkamer View Post
    Was the cost of the buffet included or did you have to pay extra?
    Everything was included in the price except Booze. Did I mention I liked their eggs Bennidict?