Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default I'm a little skeptical

Had my 2013 RSS SE5 in the shop to replace the ball joints as things were getting a little sloppy. Had them do them all just cause I didn't want to have to revisit. Got a call later and dealer let me know (with a hesitation in his voice) that my A arm bushings needed replacing as well. From the sound of his voice I had the feeling my pockets were getting picked but what the heck right.

After a few days they called to let me know my bike was ready but they ended up towing it to the house as I was laid up for a few months since the repair. 1st time on the bike, boy am I excited. Darn , had to double pump the brakes all the way to work and back. Brakes were fine when I dropped the bike off, non-existent when I rode it for the 1st time. Called the dealer.

Dealer says the bikes are notorious for getting air in the lines if they've been sitting awhile. I'll still have to shell out the $330 bucks tomorrow to get my bike back but I'm just trying to determine if I need to find another dealer to service my bike.

Sounds like BS to me but I don't want to raise a stink without at least checking to see if anyone else had heard/experienced such a thing.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gimpygary62 View Post
    Had my 2013 RSS SE5 in the shop to replace the ball joints as things were getting a little sloppy. Had them do them all just cause I didn't want to have to revisit. Got a call later and dealer let me know (with a hesitation in his voice) that my A arm bushings needed replacing as well. From the sound of his voice I had the feeling my pockets were getting picked but what the heck right.

After a few days they called to let me know my bike was ready but they ended up towing it to the house as I was laid up for a few months since the repair. 1st time on the bike, boy am I excited. Darn , had to double pump the brakes all the way to work and back. Brakes were fine when I dropped the bike off, non-existent when I rode it for the 1st time. Called the dealer.

Dealer says the bikes are notorious for getting air in the lines if they've been sitting awhile. I'll still have to shell out the $330 bucks tomorrow to get my bike back but I'm just trying to determine if I need to find another dealer to service my bike.

Sounds like BS to me but I don't want to raise a stink without at least checking to see if anyone else had heard/experienced such a thing.
    I might go with them on the A-Arm bushings. Especially if they have not been lubed regularly. But it's BS on the air in the brake lines due to sitting. Sounds like they want to make money on their mistake. Great work if you can get it!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Default Your right....

More than likely when they did the A arm bushing and other work they messed with the front calipers. I have never seen one loose the brakes from sitting up. All the guys with bad weather put them up for months with out an issue. I would have them fix it or find a better dealer.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If the bikes are so notorious for doing this; why didn't they check them out, before releasing the bike to you?
    My bike often sits for three Months during it's Wintertime nap. The brakes have always been fine...

I call this one:

B.S. Meter.jpg
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

The smell of fertilizer just came out of my computer!

If there's air in the system, somebody opened a bleeder or cracked open a line.

I bought a one-man brake bleeder a while back. It works like a champ, and it didn't cost much. A lot less than paying the dealer.
    Myron Wooley

USMC 1975 - 1979

2nd Spyder: Pearl White 2016 Spyder RT Limited, purchased December 18, 2016 with 1 mile
    First Spyder: Pearl White 2012 Spyder RT Limited, gone to a good home

Spyder Garage

Angry Stealer

This is sooooo much BS I can't believe the stealership had the nerve to utter the words to you. I, like many others here on Spyderlovers, have to let our 'S sit for 4 or 5 months during the winter.( I don't mind as I ski alot). So for the last 50 years of motorcycle riding I've NEVER had a brake Problem from the vehical sitting for a few months.

This stealer needs to be put in his place---- start with the BBB( better business bureau), After that the state attorney general might consider doing a sting. Our AG did this at a local Chevy dealer years ago. They are much better now.

This stealership is ripping you off.

Kaos
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Definitely call them on the brakes. Have had mine sitting for 4 months, with no issues whatsoever with the brakes. And as Bob said, if that's the case will did they not check them before releasing the bike. Shame on them for not fixing their own mistakes. Good luck with finding a more honest dealer.
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gimpygary62 View Post

YES ABSOLUTE BS! Dont let the dealer take advantage of (why ever you were laid up)You didnt test it the min you got it back?, it was pushed off whatever towed it to you?? Yes the BBB can make a claim but without more info the verbal communications (claimed to be said) can & will be argued to death. Glad you found problem with out harmful incident. Best of luck getting straight

I wasn't there but I still care! POW /MIA VETS

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thanks everyone for confirming my suspicions. I'm headed there now. If they stand firm and soak me I'll be happy to share the Dealer's name so folks in my area can be aware.

Much appreciated.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good Luck!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black