Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

I purchased my 2015 RT Limited from them last July!! Everything was done on the phone. I drove from Ohio to Chicago to pick it up. I have a truck and trailer. Everything as agreed on the phone. I would highly recommend them.
    Good luck
    2015 RT Limited Red
    2017 Harley Street Glide

Spyder Garage

Also when I traded my 2012 RTS in on the 2015RTS, they never once asked to see pictures of the bike or anything. All they wanted to know was how many miles I had on the bike.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) cohoff's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Rocket View Post
    Also when I traded my 2012 RTS in on the 2015RTS, they never once asked to see pictures of the bike or anything. All they wanted to know was how many miles I had on the bike.

Based upon this thread I decided to contact them today about trading my 2014 RT-S SE6 for an F3 T. I got an email from Jason B. and he asked me to email him pictures of my 2014 RT-S. Hmmmm, wonder why I'm being asked for pictures.
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AZCACOIDILINIAKSKYMDMIMNMOMTNENVNMNCOHORPASDTNUTVA  WAWVWIWYmed.jpg

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Louise wants to trade up from her RT-S to an F3-T....she made the grave error of driving an F3 not long after fighting the 50mph cross winds in Wyoming a couple weeks ago....the writing was on the wall.

. . .
    The F3T won't be any better in a cross-wind. I was riding in western Nebraska at that time and almost got blown off the Spyder!

I bought my F3T from Pitbull around SF this year. My CU just deposited the funds into my bank checking account (a couple doors down from the CU) and I wrote a personal check to Pitbull.

Edit: After reading the rest of the thread, CONGRATS to your wife on her F3T!
    Last edited by PrairieSpyder; 07-29-2016 at 07:37 AM.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cohoff View Post
    I got an email from Jason B. and he asked me to email him pictures of my 2014 RT-S. Hmmmm, wonder why I'm being asked for pictures.

To determine it's value...
    Have you ever bought a "Pig in a poke"?
    Neither have they!

EDIT:
    Patti,
    If the wind almost took you off of the bike: try bringing your knees in against the tank, to stabilize yourself on top of the bike.
    We sit on the bikes, and are held in place by our grip on the bars, and the weight of our .... bodies on the seat.
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 07-29-2016 at 07:46 AM.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) cohoff's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

To determine it's value...
    Have you ever bought a "Pig in a poke"?
    Neither have they!

EDIT:
    Patti,
    If the wind almost took you off of the bike: try bringing your knees in against the tank, to stabilize yourself on top of the bike.
    We sit on the bikes, and are held in place by our grip on the bars, and the weight of our .... bodies on the seat.

Well Bob, apparently they have bought a "Pig in a poke"......Ex-Rocket posted that he bought his F3 completely over the phone with them and he said "they never once asked to see pictures of the bike or anything"
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AZCACOIDILINIAKSKYMDMIMNMOMTNENVNMNCOHORPASDTNUTVA  WAWVWIWYmed.jpg

Lancaster PA transplant (Southern born and bred)
    Spyder Garage

Default Following

I'm considering purchasing from them also.

2015 F3-S SE6

Spyder Garage

I have a deal being worked with them. Pricing worked out with shipping new bike to me and trade in back to them is pretty good.

Got the financing for the trade difference worked out at a great rate with my local credit union and they sent drafting instructions (payment guarantee) to iMotorsports.

Then everything has gone sideways. Still trying to work it out but at the moment they are demanding full certified funds payment before shipment. Financial institution has refused and its highly out of normal business practice. It all feels very shady now. Just that 'something is not right' feeling.

We are still trying to work out something that works for both us and them but not done yet. Since they are a forum sponsor and I have seen others on here mention doing business with them, thought I would ask how things have gone.

I still hope this goes well later today but just about ready to walk away and start over elsewhere. Its just that the have the bike and agreed to a very fair price for it and our trade. Hate to start over.

Why can't buying bikes and cars be as simple as placing an order on Amazon?
    HI glad It worked out I just purchased a new F3S from Jason at Imotorsports and everything went great , yes it's uneasy to do the deal that way but they delivered the new one picked up the trade in with out a hitch . Jason gave us what we wanted for our trade and a great price on the new one I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.
    Yes I did send them pictures of my RSS we traded in.
    Last edited by Dave7691; 07-29-2016 at 09:10 AM.
    2015 F3S , silver

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I purchased from them and had Jason as my sales person. They were awesome. I chose to have my wife drive me to Chicago from MI and I rode it back.
    I have also had great service from them.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Default I tried...

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    I am glad things are working out for you. But, I am surprised that you are not buying from a Texas dealership. When I was looking for a spyder, I found no one easier to deal with than Louis Motorsports in ???,Texas. I tried to get the local dealers to get within $2k of their price and not one of the 3 came close. I purchased from them and had it shipped to NC.
    Louis Motorsports and dealership near New Braunsfel.....both never got back to me. I called each twice. And Pitbull Powersports in Springfield. MO was willing and eager to deal with me.
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Lots of photos and service records. Nothing to hide. I have actually purchased other vehicles the same way. One of them involved 2 vehicles with 6 digit price tags. Credit check is usually also involved. They drop off the new one and pick up the trade in with the same transport truck. Unless I substantially misrepresent the trade in, they are not under much risk, its fully covered under a BRP warranty and insured by Geico until they pay it off.

Its not all that uncommon when dealing with rare cars. This one just happens to be more mundane.
    Glad to hear things seem to be working out. Hope to ryde with you and Louise soon.

Mel

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cohoff View Post
    Well Bob, apparently they have bought a "Pig in a poke"......Ex-Rocket posted that he bought his F3 completely over the phone with them and he said "they never once asked to see pictures of the bike or anything"
    Have you ever talked to him on the phone?
    He has a "trustworthy" voice!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    The F3T won't be any better in a cross-wind. I was riding in western Nebraska at that time and almost got blown off the Spyder!

I bought my F3T from Pitbull around SF this year. My CU just deposited the funds into my bank checking account (a couple doors down from the CU) and I wrote a personal check to Pitbull.

Edit: After reading the rest of the thread, CONGRATS to your wife on her F3T!

I beg to differ. There were 2 RTs and 2 F3s in our group. The RTs fared FAR worse in the cross winds. Its a SIGNIFICANT difference and was very obvious in our group.

We got the funding worked out. iMotorsports accepted a signed contract from us and a payment guarantee from the CU. They will get paid when the bike shows up, we are happy with it and I register it and title it, bring a copy of the title application to the CU showing it done with them as a lienholder. I had offered to give them a credit card deposit for the full amount until they got the funds but in the end they did not need it. There is no need for the money to actually change hands until the bike is delivered. It should be no different picking up in person or having it shipped many states away.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

JC,
    Soaking wet: Patti might weigh 110 pounds...
    It's not the bike that's getting moved around by the wind: it's the operator.

Spyder Garage

JC,

Well, that would certainly make a difference!

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's why I prefer to remain "well-fed"; it keeps me in place!
    Besides: fat people are perceived as being jolly, so I'm going for the full-boat "Santa Claus" package!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool

That's why I prefer to remain "well-fed"; it keeps me in place!
    Besides: fat people are perceived as being jolly, so I'm going for the full-boat "Santa Claus" package!
    Best excuse I ever heard for a couple of 10712-bacon-sandwich.jpg these!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

JC,

Oh, Bob! Aren't you sweet! And a liar!

But the wind wasn't just affecting me. One time after a semi passed, the wind hit my Spyder so suddenly, the Nanny kicked the cruise control off.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

10712-bacon-sandwich.jpg

Two Questions:
    1. Do they deliver?
    2. Would they break a Concorde out of storage, for the delivery??

Spyder Garage

Just a followup...

Here we are 2 weeks later and the bike has not yet shipped. We still think everything is done as far as the deal, financing and paperwork but they seem to be having trouble getting it shipped to us. Hard to be patient waiting for a new toy. Especially when we were promised she would be riding by now.

We wait some more I guess.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Congrats on the new ride and yes waiting sucks.
    Bill
    2018 RT Anniversary , Brake pedal extended

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I am very curious..............

If you have a dealer that is decent and conveniently close, why don't you take the imotosports deal to them and have them match or get very close. You then would help keep your local dealer in business and also have a good relationship with them on issues like service, parts and accessories. Can not imagine not riding your new steed home.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

we werent trading anything in. imotorsports is about 90 miles away and
    in a suburb of chicago. got a price from them and loves park motorsports
    north of rockford. they came in 500.00 less than im.might have had something
    to do with the 3 arctic cat sleds i bought over the years but they were
    identical except color. and 500.00 is a lot.
    2015 rts-white pearl- mods- '16 F3 fat 6 chrome wheels,
    and some little stuff. setback utopia backrest, baja ron
    sway bar, oem adj. air deflectors, marlin gps compass,
    lamonster fbb foot pegs[modified brackets], lamonts
    vibration damper, rock guard, and side case stiffener kit,
    . brp comfort seat. , fomozas and
    altimax, magic mirror mts, and wide mirrors.
    [joyce & irvin toms]

Spyder Garage

If you have the dealer finance it and later pay off that loan, aren't you paying 2 loan origination fees? Usually 500 to 1000 non-negotiable.
    '15 RTS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hillrider View Post
    If you have the dealer finance it and later pay off that loan, aren't you paying 2 loan origination fees? Usually 500 to 1000 non-negotiable.
    I don't think there's a loan origination fee with an auto/motorcycle loan. I think that's only for home mortgages.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk