Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Anyone purchased a bike remotely from iMotorsports?

I have a deal being worked with them. Pricing worked out with shipping new bike to me and trade in back to them is pretty good.

Got the financing for the trade difference worked out at a great rate with my local credit union and they sent drafting instructions (payment guarantee) to iMotorsports.

Then everything has gone sideways. Still trying to work it out but at the moment they are demanding full certified funds payment before shipment. Financial institution has refused and its highly out of normal business practice. It all feels very shady now. Just that 'something is not right' feeling.

We are still trying to work out something that works for both us and them but not done yet. Since they are a forum sponsor and I have seen others on here mention doing business with them, thought I would ask how things have gone.

I still hope this goes well later today but just about ready to walk away and start over elsewhere. Its just that the have the bike and agreed to a very fair price for it and our trade. Hate to start over.

Why can't buying bikes and cars be as simple as placing an order on Amazon?

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Default iMotorsports.

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    I have a deal being worked with them. Pricing worked out with shipping new bike to me and trade in back to them is pretty good.

Got the financing for the trade difference worked out at a great rate with my local credit union and they sent drafting instructions (payment guarantee) to iMotorsports.

Then everything has gone sideways. Still trying to work it out but at the moment they are demanding full certified funds payment before shipment. Financial institution has refused and its highly out of normal business practice. It all feels very shady now. Just that 'something is not right' feeling.

We are still trying to work out something that works for both us and them but not done yet. Since they are a forum sponsor and I have seen others on here mention doing business with them, thought I would ask how things have gone.

I still hope this goes well later today but just about ready to walk away and start over elsewhere. Its just that the have the bike and agreed to a very fair price for it and our trade. Hate to start over.

Sounds fishy
    Walk away!!

Dave
    2011 Spyder RT Limited, drive daily (except when it's snowing)
    2012 Honda Fury VT1300
    1974 850 Norton Commando, drive daily, praying that it keeps running!
    2009 Goldwing GL1800 AD, traded in
    2009 Suzuki M109, (fast bike), traded in
    2011 Nissan Murano SL, S, ride to work

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well my Dad bought a bike from them and was really happy but we are local so cant say much about remote funding.

I guess in my shoes if I were selling something I wouldn't ship until funds were received.

They are a Dealer in the Chicago area if that helps any??

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    Well my Dad bought a bike from them and was really happy but we are local so cant say much about remote funding.

I guess in my shoes if I were selling something I wouldn't ship until funds were received.

They are a Dealer in the Chicago area if that helps any??

I know they are in the Chicago area. They were given drafting instructions from the CU. This is the same as they get from any financial institution they deal with including Sheffield and other credit unions and banks that they deal with all the time. The actual money transfers after the title application is filed and copy is sent to the financial institution with the draft request. IE they are guaranteed payment in writing from a certified banking institution as soon as the bike is verified delivered. Yet they still will not ship the bike. Since they advertise nation wide and on this site, I just thought they would be more adept at dealing with customers not local to them. This is far from the first time I have bought a vehicle remotely. They act like it is indeed their first time.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I know they are in the Chicago area. They were given drafting instructions from the CU. This is the same as they get from any financial institution they deal with including Sheffield and other credit unions and banks that they deal with all the time. The actual money transfers after the title application is filed and copy is sent to the financial institution with the draft request. IE they are guaranteed payment in writing from a certified banking institution as soon as the bike is verified delivered. Yet they still will not ship the bike. Since they advertise nation wide and on this site, I just thought they would be more adept at dealing with customers not local to them. This is far from the first time I have bought a vehicle remotely. They act like it is indeed their first time.
    Well hope it works out

Spyder Garage

I thought CU/banks will send the money (as long as they have the VIN) to the dealership so the buyer can take delivery. Then, when the dealership/seller sends the buyer their paperwork and they go to their BMV for licensing, the title gets sent to the CU/bank. Why would a seller (dealership) allow the bike to leave their property without payment?

125 days and counting.

*** On a side note, iMotorsports has great pricing through their parts department. Give them a call and be sure to tell them you're a Spyderlover.***
    Last edited by Copperman; 07-28-2016 at 11:10 AM.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Copperman View Post
    I thought CU/banks will send the money (as long as they have the VIN) to the dealership so the buyer can take delivery. Then, when the dealership/seller sends the buyer their paperwork and they go to their BMV for licensing, the title gets sent to the CU/bank. Why would a seller (dealership) allow the bike to leave their property without payment?

125 days and counting.

*** On a side note, iMotorsports has great pricing through their parts department. Give them a call and be sure to tell them you're a Spyderlover.***
    That's how it worked for me buying my Spyder locally but using an out of state credit union.

I bet Louise is going bonkers waiting. I saw the picture and it is a beautiful machine, I hope it all works out.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Well I bought my 2015 RTS from them and never had a bit of trouble. They shipped the bike to me and they picked up my trade. Easy Peasy. But let me tell you the whole story. I first contacted them via the internet and haggled with them several times to get the price of my trade in. a 2012 RTS, up to where I thought it was worth. Then I traveled up there, wife and I for a little get away plus gave us a chance to see the dealership and check out the people I was dealing with. I had already a Home Equity Loan line of credit with my local bank. So when I was up there, I signed all the paperwork and just wrote them a check for the bike. Very easy transaction. They are good people and will do almost anything within reason to close the deal. I also got to see my bike , which was still in a shipping crate. They also sent my pictures when they started the build on my bike. Then several weeks later got a call from them to when the bike would be delivered and my trade in picked up.

I hope they can work at the details with you. By the way, what are you purchasing?

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

I bought our RT-S from them last August, sight unseen. I had shopped around here in Mass, but just couldn't get the dealer to budge on the price locally. The spread was about 4K and asked the local dealer to split. No Go from them and made my decision easy.

iMotorsports paid for my plane ticket and rode it back the 900+ miles putting on something like 1800 miles to get home. Took the long way.

This purchase was one of the easiest I have done on a motor vehicle. They arranged for the financing at an acceptable rate. I put a deposit down via Visa. I had no cash tied up in the deal, because I thought the deal was to good to be true.

I dealt with Jason there. No surprises, they put in a frunk electric outlet for me at a very reasonable cost.

So for me it worked out perfectly !!

I have a blog entry on the purchase if you are interested at this link >>>>> http://nomadwillie.blogspot.com/2015...yder-bite.html

Willie
    The Future is Not Today (Motorcycle Blog) http://nomadwillie.blogspot.com/ IBA 32847
    2015 RT-S
    2015 RT-S , White

Spyder Garage

Default An Opton on Lenders

Why not let iMotorsports arrange for financing out there and then let your credit union pay off their lender when you have the Spyder in your possession ??
    The Future is Not Today (Motorcycle Blog) http://nomadwillie.blogspot.com/ IBA 32847
    2015 RT-S
    2015 RT-S , White

Spyder Garage

Default How it worked for me....

Quote Originally Posted by Copperman View Post

125 days and counting.

I purchased from Pitbull and they required that my CU have $ wired to them prior to my "driving off".....Now my CU has great rates (1.49), but lousy contact...lots of leave a message...but for the low rate I "deal with the frustration"...
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fjrwillie View Post
    Why not let iMotorsports arrange for financing out there and then let your credit union pay off their lender when you have the Spyder in your possession ??

Not a bad idea actually. I may try this if things persist the way they are going with my Texas CU.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

good luck and let us know how you make out, if they can offer you a good price and good financing then i would run with it, nowadays you dont have to go to the bank down the street because everything is done online

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Rocket View Post
    By the way, what are you purchasing?

Louise wants to trade up from her RT-S to an F3-T....she made the grave error of driving an F3 not long after fighting the 50mph cross winds in Wyoming a couple weeks ago....the writing was on the wall.

UPDATE: Things are moving forward. New day and cooler heads prevailed. Paperwork is moving and looks like it may go through as originally agreed. Thanks for letting me vent a bit. Its still a LOT of money to deal with no matter how many times we do it.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

UPDATE: Things are moving forward. New day and cooler heads prevailed. Paperwork is moving and looks like it may go through as originally agreed. Thanks for letting me vent a bit. Its still a LOT of money to deal with no matter how many times we do it.
    I am glad things are working out for you. But, I am surprised that you are not buying from a Texas dealership. When I was looking for a spyder, I found no one easier to deal with than Louis Motorsports in ???,Texas. I tried to get the local dealers to get within $2k of their price and not one of the 3 came close. I purchased from them and had it shipped to NC.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    I am glad things are working out for you. But, I am surprised that you are not buying from a Texas dealership. When I was looking for a spyder, I found no one easier to deal with than Louis Motorsports in ???,Texas. I tried to get the local dealers to get within $2k of their price and not one of the 3 came close. I purchased from them and had it shipped to NC.

I sent 3 queries to Louis. 2 via the web site and one phone call.

I got one voice mail return that flatly stated they would need to see our trade in, in person at the dealership before they could negotiate anything. Funny that I got the same response from the dealer in Boerne. Some dealers just do not want to deal with out of town customers. No sense in forcing a square peg in a round hole. Don't even get me started on Mancuso. I did not even solicit a bid from them this time. Also tried Conroe Powersports and while friendly and direct, could not come close on the price and they admitted such.

Up until the funds snafu, iMotorsport could not have been easier or more responsive to deal with.

The discussion here and all the good responses cooled my head a bit and while all is not done yet, it's moving forward.

UPDATE: all done. Everything agreed and signed. They are assembling the bike and we should get it in about 2 weeks. Thanks everyone for the help getting me through this.
    Last edited by jcthorne; 07-28-2016 at 01:26 PM.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

In that case: , and... Fingers Crossed.gif
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member SteveLaoyster's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Not a bad idea actually. I may try this if things persist the way they are going with my Texas CU.

I'm glad everything worked out for you. I'm thinking of getting my trike from them once I get things settled with my EX.
    Last edited by SteveLaoyster; 07-28-2016 at 01:55 PM.
    AKA Jud Smales, Four Year Spyder Ryder!
    "Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati"

The Critter 2016 RT-S
    Cat Bypass from Lamonster
    BajaRon Sway Bar
    Hella dual horns with relay
    BRP Hitch with trailer module
    Foam Grips
    Adjustable Air Deflectors
    Driver & Passenger Gel Pads in Seat
    Shorty antenna
    Ultraguard half cover
    Gremlin bell from my son
    Break Stripe Kit from Wrap My Spyder
    2016 RT-S , stock not yet Pearl White

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

that is an excellent idea

I did that when I bought my new ram pickup. let Chrysler finance it got an additional 500 off and made 1 payment and refinanced at the cu at a lower rate

Spyder Garage

My wife did that when she bought her F3 Limited two weeks ago. 0% for six months through BRP. After the six months, she'll refinance through her credit union at 1.99%
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Default Don't ya just love it

UPDATE: all done. Everything agreed and signed. They are assembling the bike and we should get it in about 2 weeks. Thanks everyone for the help getting me through this.
    Don't you just love it when a plan comes together.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Now go and have a celebratory or

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I sent 3 queries to Louis. 2 via the web site and one phone call.

I got one voice mail return that flatly stated they would need to see our trade in, in person at the dealership before they could negotiate anything.
    Ok, I see why you are going out of state. But I must say, most dealerships that I have even talked to about a deal on a car, bike, or anything would like to see a trade in before negotiating a deal. This must be a one in a million dealership to be so trusting.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    Ok, I see why you are going out of state. But I must say, most dealerships that I have even talked to about a deal on a car, bike, or anything would like to see a trade in before negotiating a deal. This must be a one in a million dealership to be so trusting.

Lots of photos and service records. Nothing to hide. I have actually purchased other vehicles the same way. One of them involved 2 vehicles with 6 digit price tags. Credit check is usually also involved. They drop off the new one and pick up the trade in with the same transport truck. Unless I substantially misrepresent the trade in, they are not under much risk, its fully covered under a BRP warranty and insured by Geico until they pay it off.

Its not all that uncommon when dealing with rare cars. This one just happens to be more mundane.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

I bought my wife's 2015 from them. I used my credit union. My credit union gave me a certified check made out to them which I forwarded to them. They then scheduled pick up of my trade and delivery of her Spyder. My only issue really was the salesman I had. He would not return calls and it got worse after they got my money. The only advantage for me to use them was pricing. I gave my dealer opportunity to match or just get close and he could not do it.

Called them to get pricing on a trailer and they would not return my call again. Bought a Freedom trailer locally.

Bill