Spyder Garage

Default Beware: Map Sensor Vacum Hoses

Drop my Spyder off at a dealer on 6/24 as it was running bad and the check engine light was on, no error codes. They said it will be done on 7/8. Called them on the 8th and they said it's showing air code on and off they don't stay on.
    I said replace the map sensor vacum hose and see how it runs. There mechanics good a little upset that I was tell them how to fix it, the service tec told them that's what the customer wants so replace them. They replaced both hoses and also the purge valve. It ran perfect and all error codes where gone. Bike was done on 7/25 4 weeks with out my Spyder and I found the fix on this web site, could of fixed it my self if I would off did a search on this site. Trailered it home will ride it today to see if it's fixed. Spyder is a 2012 RTS. My closest dealers are both 80 miles from me and took it to the dealer who had the highest rating from BRP so much for that.

Jim

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

on having the information that they needed!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I called the dealer yesterday about my gas cap not wanting to come off at times. They put me on a 3 week waiting list. I asked the guy what do I do if I get somewhere and cant get the cap off to get gas. He said to call the number on my owners manual.

I just bit the bullet and went to cheap cycle parts and ordered a new one.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default Hoses

Quote Originally Posted by JimboRTS View Post
    Drop my Spyder off at a dealer on 6/24 as it was running bad and the check engine light was on, no error codes. They said it will be done on 7/8. Called them on the 8th and they said it's showing air code on and off they don't stay on.
    I said replace the map sensor vacum hose and see how it runs. There mechanics good a little upset that I was tell them how to fix it, the service tec told them that's what the customer wants so replace them. They replaced both hoses and also the purge valve. It ran perfect and all error codes where gone. Bike was done on 7/25 4 weeks with out my Spyder and I found the fix on this web site, could of fixed it my self if I would off did a search on this site. Trailered it home will ride it today to see if it's fixed. Spyder is a 2012 RTS. My closest dealers are both 80 miles from me and took it to the dealer who had the highest rating from BRP so much for that.

Jim
    My Spyder only had 4,700 miles so don't think if your miles are low your safe

Jim

Very Active Member bronzeflex42's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

4700 miles is not a lot of miles, mine has 9,780 miles and i have been thinking about changing mine as well. It is running fine, but i wonder sometimes are the hoses on mine worn.
    2012 Spyder RT Limited Lava Bronze (Psalm 27:1;Luke 12:4,5)

Spyder Garage

i just replaced mine at 20k miles, also did plugs and wires from bajaron and fuel filter, took on 40 mile test ride and seems fine

Spyder Garage

Default Let's see....

Has little to do with the mileage. It's more the use...in town slow rydes with a lot of heat, humidity, cold (northern areas) etc. The rubber dries out where as silicone (recommended replacement) does not...

20150726_160909.jpg may look good

20150726_160929.jpg not always the case..was not leaking yet ....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JimboRTS View Post

Jim
    I love a happy ending - especially when a dealer gets schooled. Yeah Jim. You're going to want to replace them with silicone at some point. They probably used the same OEM material.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238