Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default so i pulled another one

last night i pulled the post on the guy that got burnt from being on the pavement after being arrested. yes the post was going south with some of the comments about the police, but there were no personal attacks on people, until one member accused me of posting it to start trouble.

THE QUOTE FROM ONE MEMBER WAS IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY, WELL CUZNJOHN, DID YOU GET THE OUTCOME THAT YOU WANTED. i did not post it because i wanted to start trouble, i posted it because i could not believe that someone cold get the burns the guy got from the roadway.

i don't appreciate being accused of doing something i didn't do. there are lots of things i can post that i don't because i know they can be bad, and a few people get them in PM"S just for laughs. i am not going to say I AM SORRY for that post, but if you know how i post, if i know one of my post bothered someone, i remove it and say i am sorry.

ok that is my small rant for the day. so enjoy your day, and ride safe
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

sorry you got slammed

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

politically incorrect is what founded this country it is also what is guiding this years elections, too bad it is not
    always allowed.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    last night i pulled the post on the guy that got burnt from being on the pavement after being arrested. yes the post was going south with some of the comments about the police, but there were no personal attacks on people, until one member accused me of posting it to start trouble.

THE QUOTE FROM ONE MEMBER WAS IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY, WELL CUZNJOHN, DID YOU GET THE OUTCOME THAT YOU WANTED. i did not post it because i wanted to start trouble, i posted it because i could not believe that someone cold get the burns the guy got from the roadway.

i don't appreciate being accused of doing something i didn't do. there are lots of things i can post that i don't because i know they can be bad, and a few people get them in PM"S just for laughs. i am not going to say I AM SORRY for that post, but if you know how i post, if i know one of my post bothered someone, i remove it and say i am sorry.

Oh, good grief!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Today, 07:09 AM
    vided
    sorry you got slammed

I didn't think that what you posted was meant to start a fight; it just seems as if some of the folks in here "wear their hearts: a bit too close to their hides..."
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default PERSONAL ATTACKS

Just my opinion, but I feel that there are way too many personal attacks on this forum, some of which I have been the target of since, as an example, my very first post in 2013 when I was accused of "trolling", (newbie that I was, I didn't even know what that meant) up until today when it was suggested that I was "mentally challenged". Doesn't bother me, I really don't care what anyone who doesn't know me personally thinks of me. I just click "ignore". When I joined this forum, I was under the impression that this was a place for folks to exchange ideas, offer help to others, get help from others, have intelligent discussions about our Spyders, and have a few laughs along the way. Sadly, I am seeing more and more bashing of members by other members over perceived insults, and other assorted BS. Open discussion is a great thing, and we are all free to agree or disagree with any opinion posted here, but I feel that there are more dignified and productive ways to do that. I've noticed over the last three years that a number of members have dropped off of this forum because they got tired of the vitriol that is sometimes posted here. I went away for awhile for just that reason, didn't even "lurk" without logging in, but I eventually came back because I missed the camaraderie and genuinely useful information that I have found here, some of which has benefited me personally, and a lot of other members as well.

So, my suggestion is, if you want to "slam" anyone, get a Twitter account. Bash Lindsey Lohan, Kim K, Bruce(?), Batman, whoever. To me, and this is just my opinion, it's just not welcome here, and I genuinely feel that most others on this forum might feel the same way. Feel free to agree or disagree, because we can do that in this country, and we are damn lucky to be able to do so.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

John

I am the one who John feels like was picking on him ............... Sorry john, like you I have a desire for my opinion to be heard also.

Go put your big boy panties on. No one asked you to pull the post.

I did not ask if you got the response you wanted ................ I asked what kind of response you expected with that post. I am pro police and have the same expectation of speaking my mind as you do, if you read it as a slam, you are getting to touchy.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vided View Post
    sorry you got slammed
    He did not get slammed, i simply voiced my opinion as he did his.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    politically incorrect is what founded this country it is also what is guiding this years elections, too bad it is not
    always allowed.
    I agree, people should be allowed to speak their mind.

Cruzr joe

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Today, 07:09 AM
    vided
    sorry you got slammed

I didn't think that what you posted was meant to start a fight; it just seems as if some of the folks in here "wear their hearts: a bit too close to their hides..."

The video John played was only the last 1/4 of the entire incident so he knew nothing of what happened prior to the officer having to fight with the guy.

So when you only show part of what happens, some people (ME) have to voice their opinion also, seems only fair, we are trying to be fair are we not???

Cruzr Joe

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Joe,
    Thanks for stepping up, and telling the rest of the story...
    This sounds as if it was more of a simple misunderstanding between friends...
    Now shake hands, and give each other a hug!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    Just my opinion, but I feel that there are way too many personal attacks on this forum, some of which I have been the target of since, as an example, my very first post in 2013 when I was accused of "trolling", (newbie that I was, I didn't even know what that meant) up until today when it was suggested that I was "mentally challenged". Doesn't bother me, I really don't care what anyone who doesn't know me personally thinks of me. I just click "ignore". When I joined this forum, I was under the impression that this was a place for folks to exchange ideas, offer help to others, get help from others, have intelligent discussions about our Spyders, and have a few laughs along the way. Sadly, I am seeing more and more bashing of members by other members over perceived insults, and other assorted BS. Open discussion is a great thing, and we are all free to agree or disagree with any opinion posted here, but I feel that there are more dignified and productive ways to do that. I've noticed over the last three years that a number of members have dropped off of this forum because they got tired of the vitriol that is sometimes posted here. I went away for awhile for just that reason, didn't even "lurk" without logging in, but I eventually came back because I missed the camaraderie and genuinely useful information that I have found here, some of which has benefited me personally, and a lot of other members as well.

So, my suggestion is, if you want to "slam" anyone, get a Twitter account. Bash Lindsey Lohan, Kim K, Bruce(?), Batman, whoever. To me, and this is just my opinion, it's just not welcome here, and I genuinely feel that most others on this forum might feel the same way. Feel free to agree or disagree, because we can do that in this country, and we are damn lucky to be able to do so.

For a "Mentally Challenged person", (just quoting you), you got a pretty good point, but just because someone cries that they have been SLAMMED, does not necessarily make it so.

Cruzr Joe

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Joe,
    Thanks for stepping up, and telling the rest of the story...
    This sounds as if it was more of a simple misunderstanding between friends...
    Now shake hands, and give each other a hug!

I am not mad at him ........................... He simply misunderstood my assertion. I enjoy most of his weird posts and some of his serious posts.

Cruzr Joe

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

well like i said b4, i am the first one to say i am sorry if i was wrong. i am a little shy when it comes to posting on here because so many posts go south. yes i did take it as a somewhat personal attack on me, and i pulled the post from past experiences where i was accused of posting to get people stirred up and was banned for a couple of weeks. so if i misunderstood, i am sorry
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

well like i said b4, i am the first one to say i am sorry if i was wrong. i am a little shy when it comes to posting on here because so many posts go south. yes i did take it as a somewhat personal attack on me, and i pulled the post from past experiences where i was accused of posting to get people stirred up and was banned for a couple of weeks. so if i misunderstood, i am sorry

No problem .................... Just one old goat harassing another old goat. Also, No apology necessary.

Cruzr Joe

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Default I got it....

I have a laser thermal gun and measure the pavement temp when I go out. On a 90+ day asphault can be 170° and that will be a contributing factor to the air supply to the throttle body....give you a clue to those warning codes... but what I really hate to see is people walking their house pets on the hot asphault. We had a guest (airbnb) with a boxer who was from washington who I ended up squeezing some aloe out of the leaves so he could walk. He was fine in a couple days but if yours is not a street dog remember this.....take them to the park...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Hi oldguyinCT,

Re: So, my suggestion is . . .

I absolutely agree with everything that you said.

Thank You,

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Dang! I missed a fight!

Since it was a difference/misunderstanding between two of my favorite SpyderLovers, I'm glad it's cleared up.

And I'm glad I didn't get into the middle of it. [I might have gotten hurt.]
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    Dang! I missed a fight!
    We're like mice: dancing around underneath the elephants!

Spyder Garage

Glad this has come to a mutual agreement type of ending. I look forward to posts from both. When I read something that I may disagree strongly with--I just let it go or make a slight comment. Tomorrow is another day.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Glad this has come to a mutual agreement type of ending. I look forward to posts from both. When I read something that I may disagree strongly with--I just let it go or make a slight comment. Tomorrow is another day.

I disagree .............................. Tomorrow is the day after yesterday.

Cruzr Joe

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    Dang! I missed a fight!

Since it was a difference/misunderstanding between two of my favorite SpyderLovers, I'm glad it's cleared up.

Knowing you ............................. The plot would have thickened.

Cruzr Joe

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    I disagree .............................. Tomorrow is the day after yesterday.

Cruzr Joe
    And the only good day was yesterday.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic