Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

WTH.. miss everything.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    No problem .................... Just one old goat harassing another old goat. Also, No apology necessary.

Cruzr Joe
    Goat is right! (Well, in Joe's case at least!)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OJ UK View Post
    Goat is right! (Well, in Joe's case at least!)

This from "The archetypal English gentleman" you old geezer.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Joe,
    Are you getting hungry for a...

The New Snickers Bars.jpg
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    This from "The archetypal English gentleman" you old geezer.

Cruzr Joe
    Old geezer is about right, Joe, but you forgot to add "complete with colostomy bag!!"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OJ UK View Post
    Old geezer is about right, Joe, but you forgot to add "complete with colostomy bag!!"

The only good thing to say about that is at least you are still alive & mobile, Good Luck My Friend from across the pond.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you were to fling the contents of the bag at an individual who was trying to rob you: would that be an Assault with a weapon?

You can decide to put whatever term fits in there; for "".
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 07-29-2016 at 06:11 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default OLD GEEZER?

Geezer.jpg Whoa, that must be me! old man 2.jpg
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Ok. Who determines who is a "old geezer"? I might consider myself one in certain situations, but I still think I'm 18...... Until I look in the mirror.

Spyder Garage

Live, Love, and Ride! God Bless!

Spyder Garage

Well just for information purposes, I have a laser thermometer and the pavement/asphalt here on a 110-120 degree day usually reads 165- 180 degrees. That is the temperature of boiling water. The kid had no shoes on and was held down by his wrists and legs/feet. I would call this shear stupidity on the officers part as living here he would of known this. There were no weapons brandished and no threat to the cops life existed. IMO this is simply police brutality and beyond common sense. (third degree burns on hands and feet) (permanent scars and skin grafts)

Sure the kids doing 90 and totally wrong, was slow to slow down. He did ask if he could put his shoes on while getting out of the car and this was taken as resisting arrest. Cop could have moved him to a spot where it was not as hot (off the asphalt) to prevent the physical damage that was done. Cop was pissed at the kid and way too forceful than needed to be.

Simply put this was wrong, wrong, wrong. Some of these cops are watching too many cop shows on TV and trying to emulate them with too much force and brutality. Not saying all but a fair percentage. The kid was totally wrong and so was the cop. Sorry Joe but like you, I am expressing my opinion also. I have personally been on both sides and am speaking from my own experiences and observations.

It would be hard for people who do not live here to understand the intense heat generated in the asphalt on a 110-120 degree day. Yep it's true ,you can fry an egg on the asphalt or get severely burned by just touching your car or anything else that might generate heat. The Officer involved knew this if he lived here which he did. The kid was hollering he was getting burned the entire time and was ignored by the cop.

Jack

Last edited by jaherbst; 07-30-2016 at 04:38 PM.
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

But had the little nit-wit complied in the first place: there would have been no need to put him in cuffs under these conditions.

Spyder Garage

Hi Jack,

Re: Simply put this was wrong, wrong, wrong.

I agree 100%.

Here is what I posted in another forum on this:

I am a licensed engineer, been one since 1978. Each year I get a 'flyer/pamphlet' from the licensing board. In it, it has details on those engineers who have lost their license or had it suspended. It just astounds me how some of them could do such stupid things. However, we have a system in place to deal with them.

I contend that we do not have an adequate system, short of a civil action, to deal with those ~1% thugs who wear the blue uniform.

I like my local police dept. I accept that they probably do have a couple of thugs who should never be allowed to do police work.

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Jerry,
    To be fair; would you admit that there are -heads scattered throughout ALL groups of people?

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=jaherbst;1162764]
    Well just for information purposes, I have a laser thermometer and the pavement/asphalt here on a 110-120 degree day usually reads 165- 180 degrees. That is the temperature of boiling water. The kid had no shoes on and was held down by his wrists and legs/feet. I would call this shear stupidity on the officers part as living here he would of known this. There were no weapons brandished and no threat to the cops life existed. IMO this is simply police brutality and beyond common sense. (third degree burns on hands and feet) (permanent scars and skin grafts)

Sure the kids doing 90 and totally wrong, was slow to slow down. He did ask if he could put his shoes on while getting out of the car and this was taken as resisting arrest. Cop could have moved him to a spot where it was not as hot (off the asphalt) to prevent the physical damage that was done. Cop was pissed at the kid and way too forceful than needed to be.

Simply put this was wrong, wrong, wrong. Some of these cops are watching too many cop shows on TV and trying to emulate them with too much force and brutality. Not saying all but a fair percentage. The kid was totally wrong and so was the cop. Sorry Joe but like you, I am expressing my opinion also. I have personally been on both sides and am speaking from my own experiences and observations.

It would be hard for people who do not live here to understand the intense heat generated in the asphalt on a 110-120 degree day. Yep it's true ,you can fry an egg on the asphalt or get severely burned by just touching your car or anything else that might generate heat. The Officer involved knew this if he lived here which he did. The kid was hollering he was getting burned the entire time and was ignored by the cop.

Jack

Another Monday morning quarterback

How about this, Jack

1 - The guy was reckless driving (that is why he was pulled over).
    2 - The Cop had no decision in the driver not wearing shoes.
    3 - We don't know how they got into a resisting arrest situation, but when it happens, the cop has to deal with it right then and there.
    4 - We don't know what the Cop may have known at the time of the stop.
    5 - With the situation of cops being killed lately all Cops are on guard and have do handle the situation as it presents itself.
    6 - Nowhere in this report is the Guy considered a "KID" he is an adult.
    7 - All this video guy knows is what is on his video that you can clearly see he started taping before he even came to a stop.

Sorry Jack, but you were not there and neither of us know the whole story. So to judge one without knowledge is ............................ (you fill in the blank)

And until it is proven that the Officer was in the Wrong, I will stand with him.

Cruzr Joe
    Last edited by Cruzr Joe; 07-30-2016 at 07:06 PM.

Spyder Garage

Hi Bob,

Re: would you admit that there are -heads scattered throughout ALL groups of people?

Absolutely; however IMO the problem with the **** heads, it is getting them out of the system.

For those wanting some additional information, you might read this article: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...-force-n619961

I like the police, I just do not like the Blue Wall.

It is sort of like my kids when they were young and doing stuff their Mom & I did not like; we still loved them, we just did not like what they were doing.

Jerry Baumchen

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JerryB View Post
    Hi Bob,

Re: would you admit that there are -heads scattered throughout ALL groups of people?

Absolutely; however IMO the problem with the **** heads, it is getting them out of the system.

For those wanting some additional information, you might read this article: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...-force-n619961

I like the police, I just do not like the Blue Wall.

It is sort of like my kids when they were young and doing stuff their Mom & I did not like; we still loved them, we just did not like what they were doing.

Jerry Baumchen

Jerry

You are correct, getting rid of City, State & Government employees is hard, I am a retired Police Chief and when i had a rouge cop in my Department it took an act of Congress to get them out after they served their one year probation. Sometime until they actually do something stupid (like the cop who shot the Social Worker trying to help the Autistic man in the street), the Unions and Courts will fight you tooth and nail. We need some reform laws or common sense Courts to fix this.

Cruzr Joe

Spyder Garage

Hi Joe,

Re: We need some reform laws or common sense Courts to fix this.

For many, many years now I have been a strong advocate of de-certifying the police unions.

This IMO should be the first step.

And I will say this again: I like the police; I do not want to imagine a world without them.

Jerry Baumchen

2008 GS SE-5

Spyder Garage

why can't people just read a post and forget the rest
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

John, You hit a nerve with the deleted thread...
    It has provoked some VERY interesting conversation!
    Thanks!

Spyder Garage

At the risk of prolonging the agony for those who don't want to discuss it further....

I've seen & treated quite a few burns from hot asphalt & many other hot surfaces over the years - apart from one small burn on his foot, the burns & injuries that I've seen in the videos do NOT appear to be burns & injuries from hot asphalt. And I have seen and treated quite a few injuries resulting from people walking &/or lying on almost melting hot asphalt (I know it can get hot enough to burn, & burn badly!!) but the majority of those shown just didn't look any of those I've seen & treated before, not even days after the original burn!! Excluding the one small burn on his foot, the very nature of all the rest of the burns & injures shown is just not consistent in my experience with coming from a hot road surface!! I've also seen & treated 'self-inflicted' burns, many of a very similar nature to those shown....

Because of that, I went back & watched the vids carefully, trying to match the shown injuries with the events & the way that person was being restrained - and once again, in my experience the burns & injuries shown do NOT appear to have been from him being held on the ground or from the hot asphalt!! They just don't match up - the parts of his body he shows burnt or injured aren't the parts of his body that come into contact with the ground in a manner or for long enough to create the burns & injuries the vids show.....

At a guess, based upon my experience & what I've been able to see from the publicly available vids etc, I'd suggest that the person used a hot iron &/or other similar methods to 'manufacture' burns on his body & hands (sorry, on just the one hand - it's very hard to burn both of your own hands when you are holding the burning device in one hand, & then the other hand is burnt so you can't just swap hands!!) so that he could 'claim' he was brutalised; but as others have said, we weren't there; we haven't seen it all; we don't & won't get to see all the evidence presented; etc, so I really don't know & can only offer an opinion based upon my experience & observations.

All I can say with certainty is that I sincerely hope the arresting cop got that person carefully checked over for injuries by the Custody Officer & a Doctor, with pictures taken of all & any scratches, burns, or even just red marks on his skin; cos for the life of me I can't see how the injuries shown on the later vids came from the incident we saw on the original vid!!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-30-2016 at 08:48 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    why can't people just read a post and forget the rest

Because when we read a post we want to comment on it. No fun reading and then keeping our big mouths shut.

Besides if we failed to comment, you would not post anymore, because you would not know if we read it.

Cruzr Joe