Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default spyder rts versus harley road king

Having moved to the Summerville South Carolina area back on 14 feb, I now ride my 2012 rts most days when its not a downpour and severe t storms. my Harley Road King just sits in the garage. haven't put 200 miles on it since moving down here. this past Thursday I rode it to work and by the time I got home from work that evening the Harley had reminded me why I like and prefer to ride the Spyder. and it's only an 18 mile round trip! even though I think BRP's customer service leaves a lot to be desired, they do build a pretty nice ride. the heat thru the seat and the vibration of the Harley i'm just not comfortable with anymore.

Spyder Garage

Default Good to Hear.....

Not to say anything bad about the many rides I have had but I do wish I had gotten a spyder back when they first came out. You do get used to them and I for one will not be going back....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default good times ahead

Yes we had several different bikes over the years, Wish I had gotten a spyder years ago. They are great rides and the customer service does need work. But all and all there's nothing better that I've found. It's so nice to set the cruise control set back and just ride and ride. And not have to worry about pulling into a gravel parking lot or fighting the bike to hold it up while turning around. So ride with a smile on your face and ride often.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I hate to hear stories of good bikes left sitting in the shadows...
    Perhaps it's time to find a good new home for it!
    Bikes need to be out in the breezes: killing bugs!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

A few years ago when I had a Road King, I used to see the Spyders and think, those are weird and I don't get it. Well I get it now. It's so neat to ride a Spyder and not have to shift and put your foot down to hold the thing up. And to have reverse gear is fantastic. It's a great ride.
    John F.
    Tallahassee, FL

2015 Spyder F3 SE6, black
    BRP Driver/passenger Footboards
    BRP Adjustable Passenger Backrest
    Blue Ridge Windshield
    MRA X-Creen Tour, clear, clamp-on
    H4 LED Headlights
    F3 LED Fog Light Kit, LED Amber Halo Ring Kit, LED Tail Lights, F3 Rear run/brake/turn LEDs
    Easy Brackets
    Leatherworks, Inc. 120 Special Slight Angle Saddlebags
    Custom Dynamics Front Mud Flap LED lights, Street Magic Front Fender Tips, Double Feature Lens
    2-up rear shock
    Idler pulley kit

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by deer30084 View Post
    A few years ago when I had a Road King, I used to see the Spyders and think, those are weird and I don't get it. Well I get it now. It's so neat to ride a Spyder and not have to shift and put your foot down to hold the thing up. And to have reverse gear is fantastic. It's a great ride.
    I agree ... I have only had my Spyder for 2 weeks and put more miles on it than I did on my Yamaha 650 in 18 months.

My Yamaha is for sale and I am hoping it sells soon just to get it out of my storage building so I can put the Spyder in there and give me my garage back.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by quasi View Post
    Having moved to the Summerville South Carolina area back on 14 feb, I now ride my 2012 rts most days when its not a downpour and severe t storms. my Harley Road King just sits in the garage. haven't put 200 miles on it since moving down here. this past Thursday I rode it to work and by the time I got home from work that evening the Harley had reminded me why I like and prefer to ride the Spyder. and it's only an 18 mile round trip! even though I think BRP's customer service leaves a lot to be desired, they do build a pretty nice ride. the heat thru the seat and the vibration of the Harley i'm just not comfortable with anymore.
    Just think .. . . if you sold them both you could get a new RTS and lots of farkles!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

While we were taking our trip in May, my Yamaha FJR sold. Don't miss it one bit, the Spyder has rejuvenated to desire to tour again. Understand why the RK is sitting there. Time to sell it for sure

Willie
    The Future is Not Today (Motorcycle Blog) http://nomadwillie.blogspot.com/ IBA 32847
    2015 RT-S
    2015 RT-S , White

Spyder Garage

We never road 2 wheels but after owning our Spyders we sold both of our cars,it's just more fun going to work or the store on them! we don't mind the rain too much but this heat(90+f every day)is slowing us down.
    2015 RT White,Tj's Dash mount,Rivco's Duel Flag Holder,SealsFloorBoards(Pups),Custom Dynamics fender lights(R/W)Bajaron's Swaybar & links,Lamonster's LED headlights,lidlox.Wiredux A-arm driving lights(upper&lower)FOBO TPMS system,Spyerpops lighted bumpskid,Foom handgrips.
    tobor9@me.com