Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have 87,000 miles on my 2014 RTS SM6 with no problems. Sorry yours is having issues.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Wow,

Hey Ann,

You should really get out and ryde more!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default I have a good one

I think you should extend your warranty and find a new service department.
    Last edited by Whitelightning; 07-23-2016 at 12:06 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    Hey Ann,

You should really get out and ryde more!
    Think what she could have accomplished, if she wasn't towing Joe and the trailer around behind her!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Yes, I have a good one.

Purchased my 2014 RT-S on April 30, 2014. Now 23,000 trouble free miles. This is my 5th with the same record of trouble free miles.

Here come the dancing wieners.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I owned 2010 RTS put 42,500 miles on it had no issues traded for 2014 RTL put 22,500 miles on it no issues traded for 2016 F3S have 8500 miles on it still going strong. I don't know what to tell you because of the problems your having. All I know with mine they have been trouble free.

Pragmatic Member
    Spyder Garage

The dancing weiners are ok

But I prefer couples dancing

I love my

Pam

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I have a 2013 RS with 17,000 miles and my wife's STS with 11, 000 miles with no issues at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by maxummike View Post
    I purchased a new 2014 RT Limited last year. I had to have it towed twice and major work done to replace hydrolic pumps, this year the gauges went again requiring big repair, the front trunk leaks. I only have 3500 miles on the bike. Does anyone own any Spyder that doesn't have issues? i joined this group and all i see is people having problems with their bikes, I go on facebood, same thing nothing but problems. Im very concerned because my Warranty will be running out soon. Me and my wife really enjoy riding, but you have to be a little nervious about what will happen next? Maybe I bought a lemmon?
    I have had only a couple of minor issues since new in April.
    I just got back from a 3940 Mile ride to Deadwood SD for the rally. The trike ran flawlessly for the entire trip from 35 deg. to 95 deg., up to 82 MPH, not one issue. Figured gas mileage out to 39.24 MPG.

Neil
    Last edited by SpyderNeil; 07-23-2016 at 03:53 PM.
    2016 RTE6 , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    Get the extended warranty and ride on. You can purchase 3 years of coverage.
    I talked to my dealers salesman and their service manager about an extended warranty on my 2014 RT-S. It was their demo so the warranty started in 2014. Both told me that on the 1330s the extended warranty isn't worth buying because they just haven't had enough issues that would be covered to make it worthwhile. I have had the DESS module replaced and now everything seems to be absolutely without problems of any kind on this bike.

Spyder Garage

Mine is great ...no issues
    2016 RT Ltd. , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Sorry to say that I am one who has posted about problems and not the good times. If I came on here and posted about every time I took my Spyder out without any issue I would have more posts then Bob

Bottom line is my Spyder is great and I would even ride it to Alaska and back without a second thought (wait A second I did do that last year).
    Sorry about your issues, but as others have stated once those are worked out you should have a great and reliable
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

no they are all horrible you should just take yours out to the junk pile and burn it.

What do you think since most of us have purchased more then one.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default FEELINGS

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    If you have issues and you come to this site looking for issues, we have a few members that love to whine about every little thing, but they usually leave real quickly. In this case you posted a negative thread, asking for positive input, and got it. The vast majority of Syder Ryders love their motorcycle. When we bought our 13 RTL I came on this web site reading about all of the issues with the 13 RTs catching fire. I could have gotten paranoid and thought it would happen to me too. I decide to ryde the wheels off of it instead. Now 31000 + miles and you can't wipe the smile off of my face. If I had believed all of the negative garbage, I would have sold that motorcycle and never ridden again. So my wife loves to ryde so much we just bought another Spyder and we love them both! I LOVE to watch her ryde!

In life you get what you look for! Get the issues behind you, and look forward to all of the fun you and your wife can have Ryding. Then come back to this forum with a positive outlook and you will be overwhelmed by how much fun 90% of our members are having! Who knows your wife may decide she wants her own Spyder real soon! (Nothing says fun like dancing wieners!)

Peace and safe Ryding!
    .. Google ..... " EMPATHY " it will make you a better person.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default WARRANTY

Someone already said something about checking your warranty time ............. ..... I don't think anyone bought a 2014 RT that didn't get an extra 1 year free BEST EXTENSION when they purchased it new.........Mike

Spyder Garage

Default problems

I just finished a 4700 mile trip to Wyoming with the wife, and the only thing I needed was a new rear tire that I bought at Pitbull. But, I had over 13000 on the original tire at that point. Never an issue or problem.
    Just go out and enjoy, one can Alwys find problems if you look long enough and hard enough.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    Sorry to say that I am one who has posted about problems and not the good times. If I came on here and posted about every time I took my Spyder out without any issue I would have more posts then Bob

Bottom line is my Spyder is great and I would even ride it to Alaska and back without a second thought (wait A second I did do that last year).
    Sorry about your issues, but as others have stated once those are worked out you should have a great and reliable
    Yup! They were here.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default 2012RTL

I have a 2012 RTL with approximately 3400 miles on the odometer, it's been a good bike overall. I'm lucky to a have a dealer who works with his customers when the need arises, satisfied with my Spyder experience.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It would seem to me the problems you have had should have been under warranty.

For the record, I've owned three and have loved every one of them.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post

Nobody will ever have as many posts as Bob. If by some miracle you ever get close to his count, all he has to do is comment on your post and he just equaled out your post.
    I have had 2 Spyders for a total of 17,000 miles in just over a year and a half and both have been trouble free. Although I probably just jinxed it by saying something.

Spyder Garage

Had my 2015 RT-S just over a year and 21000 km with no problems.Been lucky i guess because never a problem on any bikes i have owned over the past 40 years.
    Bill
    2018 RT Anniversary , Brake pedal extended

Spyder Garage

Default Agree...

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    when you go to a doctors office /clinic /hospital, what do you find, mostly sick people with issues. Sadly, that is what sells. This site has an equal amount of good new, bad news, sad news, and you don't want to know news but you have to read it all. This site helps those with issues but you can not assume that those few with problems mean everyone is doomed to the same. Sometimes the problems lie more on how the dealer handles them than in the machine....
    Between the 4 of us, very few little problem. Recurrent ones were dealer generated.

We are now totaling well over 100 000 km. ... of pure pleasure.

Richard

Richard

* 2012 RS SE5 (hers)
    * 2013 ST SM5 (mine)

Daughter RSS SE5 2014
    Son in law RSS SM5 2013

P.S. 3 Kumho AST 225/50R15 and 1 Toyo Proxies 4 225/50R15 rear tires
    2 sets of Kumho 175/55R15 front tires
    1 set of Hankook V4
    1 set of Canadian Tire General tire Evertrek RTX in 14" for the 2012 ...

Spyder Garage

Default 2014 RTS

Hve over 10, 000 miles on my RTS and have had zero problems. Everything has problems at one point or another. Your are just getting yours out early.

Spyder Garage

I love riding, never had a motorcycle and this kept the peace at home. just frustrated that stuff keeps breaking. To answer the question of where the pump is? I dont know. they said it was a pump that required taking the engine apart for. Im not too knowlegable on Spyders. Its good to see alot of you have no issues with yours. Hope to get to that point sometime. I got the call last night the bike is done. Ill see you on the road and thanks for all your comments

Spyder Garage

Default Listen to one more

Sorry you feel this way. I am in North Babylon for the summer. I LOVE my 2015 RT Ltd!! I have 7000mi on it. Did have one problem that happened on my one yr anniversary of purchase. Yes, the dreaded DESS problem. They towed it, fixed it, and i got over it. RYDE ON . When your's is ready, let's meet up for a ryde. Long Island is beautiful this time of the year