Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default does anyone have a good one?

I purchased a new 2014 RT Limited last year. I had to have it towed twice and major work done to replace hydrolic pumps, this year the gauges went again requiring big repair, the front trunk leaks. I only have 3500 miles on the bike. Does anyone own any Spyder that doesn't have issues? i joined this group and all i see is people having problems with their bikes, I go on facebood, same thing nothing but problems. Im very concerned because my Warranty will be running out soon. Me and my wife really enjoy riding, but you have to be a little nervious about what will happen next? Maybe I bought a lemmon?

yudydude

Default 2014RTL

I have a 2014RTL which I bought early last year. I now have 15,000 miles on it, and the only thing that had a problem was the DESS issue. My dealer replaced the key module and now good to go. Bike has been great and ride it everywhere. Don't worry about what might go wrong, just ride and enjoy it.

Spyder Garage

Warranty should not be out soon---

Got 9k miles of fun in sun on ours np

I love R&R put another dime in the jukebox baby!

Spyder Garage

As long as you are still covered by the factory warranty I would extend it to the max.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default 2016 RT-S

I love mine. Ryde to work almost every day. About to go out the dorr this am to meet up with another spyderlover.com member.

Spyder Garage

I have a 2011 RTS, 42,000 miles and going strong. I have had a few isues, but a good.dealer who has been great in getting my bike repaired. Have ridden many 1,000 plus mile.trips. Bruce

Very Active Member bodymanpainter's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

We have a 2014 RTS with 25000 miles and have had no issues at all with the bike itself!
    One of the add on's went out causing limp mode but it was a minor fix.
    Hope to do the same with my F3-T.
    Good luck with yours.
    Toby
    2020 RTL

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I love mine!
    I've only had the cruise control quit, and I did kill a speaker...
    Both were warranteed, and my dealer has been GREAT!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Mine has been charmed, no issues at all that were not caused by me or my actions.

keep reading there are plenty of posts about successful, proud and very satisfied owners. It is easy to get on here and listen to the complaints, it is also easy to hear a complaint when it is only a call for advice.

"An unhappy customer will tell everyome, a satisfied will only tell a very few!"

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by yudydude View Post
    I have a 2014RTL which I bought early last year. I now have 15,000 miles on it, and the only thing that had a problem was the DESS issue. My dealer replaced the key module and now good to go. Bike has been great and ride it everywhere. Don't worry about what might go wrong, just ride and enjoy it.
    I have a 2014 RT that I purchased in Sept. 2014. I also have 15k miles and have only had the DESS issue. I allowed this to go on for a year. About 2 months ago I had the key module replaced, and have had no other troubles.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

One question, where are the hydraulic pumps on an RT? If your dealer told you about them, he's blowing smoke.

john

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Perhaps in the clutch engagement system?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My 2011 RT-S required a throttle body under warranty and Mr. Cognac has had no problems. I bought him in Oct. 2014. My dealer threw in a four year warranty to seal the deal. He gave me a very good deal after I told him that if he mistreated me, I would call 1-800-AARP-KICKASS and they would send out some retired Mafia and take care of business.

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Spyder Garage

I have a 2015 RT that I've had for a little over a year and have ridden 22,000 trouble free miles. You see a lot of posts here about people who are enjoying their Spyders. Sorry you are having problems, but once they get ironed out, you will be able to enjoy your Spyder.

Pam

• 2015 RT-S Special Series / Red & Black
    • Baja Ron Sway Bar
    • Utopia Backrest
    • F4 Customs tall and wide vented windshield
    • Stebel Super Loud Air Horn
    • Baker Built Air Wings
    • LaMonster Highway Pegs
    • SpyderPops Exhaust Block Off Plate
    • SpyderPops KOTT Grill
    • SpyderPops Belt Guard
    • Cat Bypass
    • Laser Alignment by Squared Away
    • TricLED Fender Lights
    • General Altimax RT43 rear tire
    • Dual flag holder
    • Mud Flap
    • A$$hole seeking missile system

Spyder Garage

I have a 2015 RT Limited!! Zero problems with mine. Just over a year old. Hope you get your problems worked out!
    2015 RT Limited Red
    2017 Harley Street Glide

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default What are you looking for

If you have issues and you come to this site looking for issues, we have a few members that love to whine about every little thing, but they usually leave real quickly. In this case you posted a negative thread, asking for positive input, and got it. The vast majority of Syder Ryders love their motorcycle. When we bought our 13 RTL I came on this web site reading about all of the issues with the 13 RTs catching fire. I could have gotten paranoid and thought it would happen to me too. I decide to ryde the wheels off of it instead. Now 31000 + miles and you can't wipe the smile off of my face. If I had believed all of the negative garbage, I would have sold that motorcycle and never ridden again. So my wife loves to ryde so much we just bought another Spyder and we love them both! I LOVE to watch her ryde!

In life you get what you look for! Get the issues behind you, and look forward to all of the fun you and your wife can have Ryding. Then come back to this forum with a positive outlook and you will be overwhelmed by how much fun 90% of our members are having! Who knows your wife may decide she wants her own Spyder real soon! (Nothing says fun like dancing wieners!)

Peace and safe Ryding!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by maxummike View Post
    I purchased a new 2014 RT Limited last year. I had to have it towed twice and major work done to replace hydrolic pumps, this year the gauges went again requiring big repair, the front trunk leaks. I only have 3500 miles on the bike. Does anyone own any Spyder that doesn't have issues? i joined this group and all i see is people having problems with their bikes, I go on facebood, same thing nothing but problems. Im very concerned because my Warranty will be running out soon. Me and my wife really enjoy riding, but you have to be a little nervious about what will happen next? Maybe I bought a lemmon?
    The problem is you are hearing/reading from the few that have problems. You are NOT hearing from the thousands that do NOT have any issues. I happen to be one of those as I'm on my 3rd Spyder and can joyfully say I have NOT had any issues with any one of them??? Keep the chin up and ride on.
    BIG F

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Get the extended warranty and ride on. You can purchase 3 years of coverage.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Default Let's see....

when you go to a doctors office /clinic /hospital, what do you find, mostly sick people with issues. Sadly, that is what sells. This site has an equal amount of good new, bad news, sad news, and you don't want to know news but you have to read it all. This site helps those with issues but you can not assume that those few with problems mean everyone is doomed to the same. Sometimes the problems lie more on how the dealer handles them than in the machine....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member cognaccruiser's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I'm also curious about where the "hydrolic pumps" are? Just cause I'd like to know.
    The leaking frunk is rare but there are several possible causes. I had it and the dealer replaced the tub under warranty of my 14 RTS. Do a little search and see what could be causing it. Get it fixed and move on. My 14 came with the extended Best Warranty. I thought that was pretty routine. Perhaps you didn't get it or perhaps something got missed.
    I guess this is a glass half full situation. I come on here and see a small number of people whining about problems but I also see great numbers of people that have had little or no problems and enjoying their Spyder, like me. If you look for negative impressions you can always find them.

Gary
    States visited by Bike

Spyder Garage

Default 2014

Have had my 2014 RTS since Feb. last year and have 7,500 trouble free miles on it so far. Sorry for your experiences, hope that is taken care of and you come to enjoy your ride. Ken
    American by Birth, Southern by the Grace of GOD.

The Older I get the Better I Was.

Spyder Garage

I've had a few issues (relatively minor but still annoying) but, on balance, I still think that the Spyder is a really good machine. I'd buy another one.
    MEP
    ​2019 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

In my mind an "issue" is a problem with a Spyder during the warranty period, extended warranty period included, that, for some reason the dealer and or BRP can't/won't fix under warranty. (Read it to see what is NOT covered.) Remember, BRP and a whole host of manufacturers, you pick the industry, source parts from third parties. These third party sources meet testing and quality specifications established by the end product manufacturer. happens, parts fail. If the part is covered by warranty there is replaced there is no "issue." I too would like to know what hydraulic pump(s) the dealer is talking about.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

I love mine, I had a 2012 RT then bought a 2015 F3, I have had no problems with either one of them. (knock on wood)!!!
    2015 F3s White

BRP Drivers and Passenger backrest
    Blue Ridge windshield
    Corbin Saddle Bags

Spyder Garage

Default We do, we do!

I hate to jump on this bandwagon, but I have no choice.

I am on my third spyder and my wife is on her second. Neither one of us has had any problem with ours. We ride quite a bit and have taken many vacations on our Spyders and will continue to do so.

I hope you resolve whatever issues you have and enjoy it for what it is. You'll be glad you did
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk